Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2004, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Blade Series #1

Anyone else excited for this??

I have two previous Blade films on DVD and I can't wait for this ones release.

Now, now. This is one of those movies that I'm afraid to see because it can ruin a whole series... But from I've heard, this sequel will not ruin anything

Only bad thing is that I hate Jessica Biel with a passion, and she's part of this cast. Now that sucks! But I'll go on. Heh.

If anyone knows the exact date of release please let me know. I already saw the posters in the theaters but I'd like to know the specifics.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Supposedly December 10th, I believe.

I have both Blade movies on DVD as well, though I have to say the first is my favorite. Since this is supposed to be the last one, I'm interested to see how they end it.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

Darn, I can't get the pics to show.

Dec. 10? Thank you for the info. That's a good date. I hope all stress from the finals is going away by then

They have info on the movie here. The movies still in production I believe.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

Actually, the second Blade movie ruined the "series" already.

This one has been pushed now till Winter of 2005.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Strifer
Actually, the second Blade movie ruined the "series" already.

This one has been pushed now till Winter of 2005.

Alex
You're the first person I've read/heard say that. Why didn't you like it? If I may ask?

Winter of 2005? Wow, seems like production is having a rough time. Let's see what happens.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR
Why didn't you like it? If I may ask?
There are so many ways I can answer that question

I got my info from a preview I saw at the movies last week, at the end of the trailer they said "coming soon...winter 05"

This site however has December 10th as the release date, and they are usually pretty accurate with such things

http://movies.go.com/movies/B/blade3_2002/index.html

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't really hate it, but I didn't care for Blade 2 as nearly as much as the first. My problem stems from the direction in tone of the movie, and in the lost pontential.

I really feel that Blade 2 took on too much of a horror aspect, compared to the first film. I think it was a little too flashy where the first was a little more gritty, and I didn't care for the vampire creatures at all. And then there's the waste of Whistler... his return was just too simple and there was no development with it. I think they missed a real opportunity for some good conflict for Blade and his mentor Whistler...

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The movies still in production I believe.
Nein. From what I remember, the movie is filmed already, and most of everything's been done already. From now until December, they're just working on very small things for CGI etc, making it look as good as possible and what not. In fact they had had enough time to even finish it to go head to head against AVP (Alien Vs. Predator) but New Line didn't want that direct competition for essentially the same market.

The first movie was damn cool (though the TV-edited version of it sucked ass) but the second one was a disappointment in comparison. The villian neither exuded coolness nor did the plot really make any coherent sense. Despite this, I think I'll be watching the third one just because it looks kinda interesting. Though Dominic Purcell (playing Dracula) apparently isn't that convincing in the role.......ai.
Timeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 04:32 PM
Jay
Master Fan

i have both Blade movies on VHS. i would have to say that i liked the second film more than the first...'cause of the romance tied to it. and the ending was sad.

anyways..wow..the trailer for Trinity looks wicked. Jessica has some cool outfit on.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Timeo oh that's better yet. I bet the CGI on this one will be cake compared to Alien vs Predator

Blade II went ahead with a story knowing that Blade I did all the work the right way as far as introductions were concerned. I liked the story and the way it was directed, the plot was treated like it really mattered. Not all horror/sci fi movies go all the way with the plots/subplots sacrifying them for the visual. Blade II blended everything as best as it could. Plus, I really loved the "reapers".

I still like the first one better of course. It was less fancy and more fun.

I'm hoping Trinity has a mix of both movies.... Fancy cool yet raw.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:19 AM
Elite Fan

I'm going to see Trinity for Triple H...that's it!

Alex

Old 07-19-2004, 08:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Re: Blade: Trinity

Quote:
[B]Anyone else excited for this??

Only bad thing is that I hate Jessica Biel with a passion, and she's part of this cast. Now that sucks! But I'll go on. Heh.
I agree after having to putting on a a fake smile last Oct when the TCM premiered.
She so sucks in horror the worst ever.
It would be sad that she will now destroy this vampire triology

(Yep that's right I can't spell right now)
Old 07-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Master Fan

If anyone hasn't done so, official site:

http://www.bladetrinity.com/

There are also a bunch of photos available at http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/blade3.php
Timeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 10:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

Blade was a classic in that it wasn't meant to cash in on the comic book movie craze. In fct, it is one of the movies that helped START IT.

If all comic book movies were done like blade -- as actual stories and not trying to appeal to comic book fans -- Then movies like "The Hulk" would actually be good

I thought the second one was lacking as well.

I thought the plot didn't make any sense -- kind of like "Underworld" -- And the fact that I hate how because it is 2004, Vampires and other mythical creatures existence has to be explained by science... Such as the Vampire's bite containing a virus and other "real world" stuff like that

"Trinity" looks interesting for the sheer fact that this one generally seems to be a continuation of the story (even if it is a final chapter) and not just a "for money" sequel.

RE: Jessica Biel...

She's what is known in the biz as "a climber".

All she wants to do is "climb" to the next level of (what she percieves) fame and fortune... But it will never be enough once she gets there... So, she'll keep climbing.

She only signed on for TCM because she knew it had a huge cult following and wanted the association of it on her resume. Nothing more. I get the feeling she thinks those kinds of films are "beneath her" and that she is "paying her dues"...

When tons of actresses like Jaimie Lee Curti, Sigourney Weaver, Neve Campbell and others have made their entire careers off "those" kinds of films and they embrace it and use it to their advantage in the long run to do other things.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:10 PM
Jay
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Strifer
I'm going to see Trinity for Triple H...that's it!

Alex
how come his name wasn't mentioned in the cast? unless he plays a minor villian but his name is big when it comes to WWE...so it should be good for them.

Last edited by Jay_10; 07-19-2004 at 03:21 PM
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread