Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2013, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiredToDamon (View Post)

Off topic: OMG! I just found out Paul Walker died in a car accident. R.I.P
Old 11-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Elite Fan

So sad to hear that!

Diana
Old 12-01-2013, 05:15 AM
Supreme Fan

I think Elena needs to put a stop to Carolines constant bitching about her. It's one thing that she doesn't like Damon, yes. She can't change that for reasons that are in the past ( and yes that are plenty of reasons to put that behind her) but she can choose to treat Elena differently that she has. Caroline is contentiously remaining IMO the most annoying character of the show. Not to pull out the good old Klaus card again but lets not actually forget what he and his family brought upon every single member of MF including her own family, yet Caroline continued to make moon eyes at him.

Makes you sick. Just get a grip of yourself woman.
It's all good..
Old 12-01-2013, 07:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann357 (View Post)
Elena knows Damon and Caroline's history. Elena doesn't care and/or has decided Damon has changed. I think as Elena's friend Caroline should be there and constantly telling her she is wrong and Damon is bad will only alienate Elena from Caroline. A true friend wants to support and be there if things get bad.

My experience in real life it that someone in a bad relationship doesn't need to be told constantly about it... they know! They often just want a kind friend and not to be shunned or alienated because they can't or won't change. I've never found being someone's harpie productive for a relationship.
I don't think I would ever be able to watch a friend of mine continue on a path that I think is unhealthy for her or may cause more pain and heartache than she realizes.

I understand that we all want everyone to accept Elena and Damon as a couple and for the masses to understand them. But I don't think it's fair to judge Caroline because we don't agree with her.

It's up to Elena and Damon to change her mind because clearly she doesn't believe the change in Damon is coming from a pure place. She believes that the change in Damon is only to be with elena not because he actually wants to be good and that he actually cares about any of elena's loved ones.

If Elena and/or Damon wants to "shut her up" then they need to show her she's wrong instead of idly sitting by and listening to her without saying a word. Until they do, Caroline has a rite to say something to her friend, Elena. That makes her a protective friend.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction (View Post)
I think Elena needs to put a stop to Carolines constant bitching about her. It's one thing that she doesn't like Damon, yes. She can't change that for reasons that are in the past ( and yes that are plenty of reasons to put that behind her) but she can choose to treat Elena differently that she has. Caroline is contentiously remaining IMO the most annoying character of the show. Not to pull out the good old Klaus card again but lets not actually forget what he and his family brought upon every single member of MF including her own family, yet Caroline continued to make moon eyes at him.

Makes you sick. Just get a grip of yourself woman.
I agree, but I am still thinking that the writers have something in mind with Caroline and her constant bitching about Damon and DE. Actually, I'm more or less fine with her not liking Damon very much but Elena is her friend – and as a friend she should respect whatever choice Elena has made and not go on and on and on about it.

However, I guess (or rather hope!) that Caro is soon going to make an experience that will change her mind - if not completely but then perhaps in part - about how she sees Elena's and Damon's relationship. And it might indeed involve Klaus, particularly as he is supposed to come back for a visit in Ep. 100. I surely don't think that they are going down the "Caro will join Klaus in NOLA and they will live happily ever after" route but I wouldn't be surprised if they would at least hook up in some way so that Caro might rethink her judgement of Elena (and Damon) and her love life...
Old 12-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigious28 (View Post)
I don't think I would ever be able to watch a friend of mine continue on a path that I think is unhealthy for her or may cause more pain and heartache than she realizes.

I understand that we all want everyone to accept Elena and Damon as a couple and for the masses to understand them. But I don't think it's fair to judge Caroline because we don't agree with her.

It's up to Elena and Damon to change her mind because clearly she doesn't believe the change in Damon is coming from a pure place. She believes that the change in Damon is only to be with elena not because he actually wants to be good and that he actually cares about any of elena's loved ones.

If Elena and/or Damon wants to "shut her up" then they need to show her she's wrong instead of idly sitting by and listening to her without saying a word. Until they do, Caroline has a rite to say something to her friend, Elena. That makes her a protective friend.
We will have to agree to disagree on some of this because I think we have very different ideas on how to communicate within a relationship.

I expect that no matter what us viewers think the character of Caroline will continue to be the writer's "mouth piece" for what they are so very poorly trying to convey.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think Damon has to do anything special to prove himself to Caroline. He has more done enough. She just doesn't want to see it otherwise, so she doesn't. I don't think Damon cares about what Caroline thinks of him (and should NOT, really) and frankly I also don't care about what she thinks of him one bit but we keep subjugated to her bitching about Damon all the time so it becomes bothersome...

What is needed is Elena putting Caroline in her place, be it telling her to mind her own business and pointing out her hypocricy OR simply defending Damon to her and telling her she is wrong. And when she tries to play the "bestfriend" card, call it what it truly is and tell her she is not being a best friend, she is simply being a control freak who wants everyone to act the way she wants them to and assumes because SHE doesn't like Damon, no one else should. Caroline's problems with Damon are not based on things Damon did to Elena but rather to her. Same Caroline was rooting for ripper!Stefan over Damon when Stefan was tormenting Elena and traumatizing her, and I'd like someone to call her out on that too. So really, her POV on who Elena should date has NOTHING to do with what Elena needs, who makes Elena happy or is good for her and has treated her right but rather who Caroline likes best personally. Which is why her playing the "I'm your bestfriend" card is so annoying to me too. Caroline is Stefan's best friend, not Elena's.
Love crime

LOGH
Old 12-02-2013, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann357 (View Post)
We will have to agree to disagree on some of this because I think we have very different ideas on how to communicate within a relationship.

I expect that no matter what us viewers think the character of Caroline will continue to be the writer's "mouth piece" for what they are so very poorly trying to convey.
Well if not for the Caroline mouthpiece, even less people would understand Stefan's greatness
Old 12-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well said Asena.

Here's a schedule for the next few weeks of episodes:

Shows A-Z - vampire diaries, the on cw | TheFutonCritic.com
Old 12-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the update
Love crime

LOGH
Old 12-03-2013, 01:42 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que sera sera (View Post)
True, Caroline doesn't have to like Damon, she just needs to learn to keep her big mouth shut....

Elena did the right thing...she saw someone she loved being attacked, and reacted accordingly, who cares if she killed Jesse....he was the least of her concerns...

BTW I hate that new clip, I wanted to put my hand through the screen and *****slap her...
I totally agree, Elena acted completely within her character, Caroline's just mad b/c it was Damon she was saving instead of someone else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
Me too. Elena is way too nice. I woulda punched her in the face ages ago
THIS!! Me too!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumiac (View Post)
I don't think Damon has to do anything special to prove himself to Caroline. He has more done enough. She just doesn't want to see it otherwise, so she doesn't. I don't think Damon cares about what Caroline thinks of him (and should NOT, really) and frankly I also don't care about what she thinks of him one bit but we keep subjugated to her bitching about Damon all the time so it becomes bothersome...

What is needed is Elena putting Caroline in her place, be it telling her to mind her own business and pointing out her hypocricy OR simply defending Damon to her and telling her she is wrong. And when she tries to play the "bestfriend" card, call it what it truly is and tell her she is not being a best friend, she is simply being a control freak who wants everyone to act the way she wants them to and assumes because SHE doesn't like Damon, no one else should. Caroline's problems with Damon are not based on things Damon did to Elena but rather to her. Same Caroline was rooting for ripper!Stefan over Damon when Stefan was tormenting Elena and traumatizing her, and I'd like someone to call her out on that too. So really, her POV on who Elena should date has NOTHING to do with what Elena needs, who makes Elena happy or is good for her and has treated her right but rather who Caroline likes best personally. Which is why her playing the "I'm your bestfriend" card is so annoying to me too. Caroline is Stefan's best friend, not Elena's.
Amen!! Couldnt have said it better myself!!
Elena really needs to step up in the girlfriend department, Damon has done so much for her, even being the bad guy which in turn has made him look worse to other people like Caroline, its time for Elena to back him up 100% I honestly think Caroline and Elena's friendship is going to come crashing down pretty soon... And this will open the door for Steroline...
Old 12-03-2013, 01:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
Here's a schedule for the next few weeks of episodes:

Shows A-Z - vampire diaries, the on cw | TheFutonCritic.com
Thanks for posting this.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

*deleted*

Last edited by daydreamer88; 12-03-2013 at 09:04 AM
Old 12-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Love that Caroline is helping Stefan through his PTSD! Will anything romantic develop between them on The Vampire Diaries? — Ginger
NATALIE: Do we have a new love triangle on our hands? Not quite -- Stefan will be spending a lot of time with Katherine actually, as they help each other in their darkest moments. Meanwhile, Caroline will have her hands busy with someone else very soon.
Mega Buzz: A Vampire Triangle, The Following's Reset, and a Modern Family Rivalry - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Old 12-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for that!

Diana