Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEfan27 (View Post)
Caroline has been beyond ridiculous regarding Damon and Elena relationship.
What part its not really any of her god damn business she doesn't understand?
And how she can say with straight face that Damon is not a good boyfriend.Based on what?Damon is attentive to Elena,pretty much he is whipped by her,saves her all the time,saves her friends all the time including very ungrateful Caroline.

Just the thought that Elena would not save Damon,so Caroline would still have her 5 minute ago crush is just mind boggling.
What I don't understand is why Elena is still friends with Caroline at this point.

There has to be a reason why the writers write Caroline so hypocritical.
And I see she has learned the Lexi method of fixing Stefan by torture.No wonder those two are like Stefan's soulmates.Blond and stupid(no offense to any blondes here).
I don't even know if I think they see her as a hypocrite even though we all know if Jesse were attacking Tyler she would've done the same thing Elena did w/out hesitation. We won't even mention how she killed 12 people to save Bonnie & how warm & fuzzy she was w/Klaus. The problem is that Caroline is making this about herself instead of Elena. This is a major flaw w/this friendship. Has Caroline even talked to Elena? B/c if she did she'd know that Damon is practically a puppy dog w/Elena. Whether she likes Damon or not should be irrelevant as long as Elena is happy that should be what matters.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigious28 (View Post)
They have to be setting Caroline up for something with all of this...they just have to be because she literally has no story as of late except to constantly rag on Elena and Damon about their "choices".

They did the same thing with caroline and Klaus last season and they had Caroline kill those witches to drive the point home that she's just as much of a hypocrite saying that Klaus was this evil person for killing people..when she does it all of the time. I don't think they are finished with that whole thing...I think they're going to make Caroline eat her words in regards to Damon and Elena.

That has to be Caroline's ultimate story right now since she doesn't have much else going on. Candace was also the one who was the first to break to the press about Damon's storyline coming up...maybe Caroline is involved in some way and that's how she ends up realizing the mistakes she's made in the past?

I don't know...but they're really driving this Caroline stuff home and there has to be a reason for all of it.

Not that Caroline ever has to love be friends with Damon..because after what he has done to her personally she has every rite to not ever forgive him...but she does need to accept her friends' choices with regards to Damon and how Damon has changed...and that she's no better and neither is stefan Klaus or anyone else from that entire crew.
i agree with the bold part! bc it's getting beyond ridiculous and annoying even for ppl who normally understand her! if this doesn't lead us to smth and give Caroline's character some growth than it's a horrible SE fan servicing! and the writers aren't even being subtle about it! her calling Damon not a good bf material while portraying him as this perfect bf! her criticizing Damon for torturing Dr west for information while she did the same thing 2 epis ago with Katherine her being so forgiving and buddy buddy with kat the women who killed her but being so unreasonable toward DE and Damon who almost dies to save her the worst part is she isn't even acknowledging the fact that Jess became a vmap in the first place bc of stefan
Old 11-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
I don't even know if I think they see her as a hypocrite even though we all know if Jesse were attacking Tyler she would've done the same thing Elena did w/out hesitation. We won't even mention how she killed 12 people to save Bonnie & how warm & fuzzy she was w/Klaus. The problem is that Caroline is making this about herself instead of Elena. This is a major flaw w/this friendship. Has Caroline even talked to Elena? B/c if she did she'd know that Damon is practically a puppy dog w/Elena. Whether she likes Damon or not should be irrelevant as long as Elena is happy that should be what matters.
If she wasn't pushing the Stefan angle who has done some WAY worse things to Elena and her friends and of course towards others in the past...I think the Caroline thing wouldn't be so bothersome because she doesn't have to like Damon. Damon was absolutely horrible to her and has yet to be at all apolgetic by what's gone on between him and Caroline. Yes, he has saved Caroline but i'm sure Caroline sees Damon as just "saving face" in front of Elena every time he does something slightly honorable for any of Elena's friends including Caroline. Damon has yet to outwardly admit that he actually cares about any of these people besides elena. So Caroline has every rite to believe that Damon is just a big ole douchebag who does everything to keep in touch with Elena and NOT with any actual caring feelings towards anybody.

The thing that's really frustrating about Caorline is that Klaus would do the same thing with her...all last season he would do "good" to keep in caroline's good graces and of course there's the stefan thing...and NO ONE has yet to call Caroline out on that stuff. frankly, i'm wholehearedly surprised none of the characters have brought that stuff up. That's the travesty to me...basically letting elena and Damon and Bonnie and everyone else NOT side-eye Caroline's hypocrisy regarding her opinion on Damon when you put together Caroline's opinion on all of the other love interests she's had within the past year...Klaus and Stefan.

I personally am not even bothered with the fact that Caroline doesn't like Elena with Damon because if I thought my BFF's boyfriend was a douche I would tell my BFF every single day with the hope that she would see the light.

I'm personally more bothered by the fact that none of the characters have pointed out Caroline's own issues as a defense for Damon especially Elena. And then there's the fact that Elena has yet to actually tell Caroline that she knows Damon is not the best boyfriend in town and that he is a bad person but she loves him anyway. Caroline is unware of all of this and didn't see or hear elena's speech in the finale last year...but then again...if Elena actually told caroline this what would Caroline think of Elena for loving someone who already knows that that someone is a horrible person?

So in the end it's a mixed bag for me...I understand why Caroline feels the way she feels but I don't understand how the other characters have yet to point some things out to her because I feel like any normal human being would.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I personally am not even bothered with the fact that Caroline doesn't like Elena with Damon because if I thought my BFF's boyfriend was a douche I would tell my BFF every single day with the hope that she would see the light.
That's horrible IMO. You seriously would constantly bash your friend over the head with your opinion of her boyfriend, every. single. day? That seems like it would get tiring to hear after awhile and affect your friendship. You wouldn't bring it up one time, try to explain why you think the boyfriend is this or that, say he is bad for you, then drop it and just be a friend and a shoulder to cry on should you be right? You'd just constantly go up to your friend everyday and bash her boyfriend? Right now I feel like the person who would get tired of it after awhile, because this was Caroline's sl last season and she constantly bashed dude last season. So she already got her feelings on the matter out in the open, why continue to pick at it?

Bonnie obv. dislikes both Salvatores, but we don't see her constantly bashing either one. She's just there for Elena and neutral in anything regarding Elena's relationship. She listens, offers advice, is a shoulder to cry on when needed, that's what I would call a good friend. She knows Elena is a big girl and likes who she likes, she's made it clear how she feel about both Salvatores and then moved on and has been there for Elena still.

In short, I'm tired of hearing the bashing. There's not even any point to it. They have Caroline be ok with Damon several episodes at a time, but then, boom!, all of a sudden "He's a monster!, "You've changed" out of nowhere. I remember last season many people thought Caroline bashing Damon was going to be pointed out at MMF with Caroline being all girly with Klaus. Nothing. Nothing came of it. No one called her out on anything at all that entire season. I honestly don't expect anything to come out of it, because clearly it's to keep the triangle going since Caroline is SE's mouthpiece/Cheerleader. And it also keeps the good brother/bad brother dynamic in place. I don't think anything is coming out of it, IMO.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

I like that she is trying to help Stefan but she is not my biggest fan at the moment.

Diana
Old 11-30-2013, 01:25 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellydancer_1 (View Post)
^Wise words - especially those concerning Caro!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nira18 (View Post)
Caroline let it go already...

Seriously I cant stand Caroline!! GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!! So annoying...

I pretty much agree with everyones comments regarding Caroline, ESP the part mentioned about Caroline killing all those witches!! Total friggin hypocrite!! UGH I kind of wish they would just kill her off already.. Her logic is embarrassing!!
Old 11-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterwebzKid (View Post)
That's horrible IMO. You seriously would constantly bash your friend over the head with your opinion of her boyfriend, every. single. day? That seems like it would get tiring to hear after awhile and affect your friendship. You wouldn't bring it up one time, try to explain why you think the boyfriend is this or that, say he is bad for you, then drop it and just be a friend and a shoulder to cry on should you be right? You'd just constantly go up to your friend everyday and bash her boyfriend? Right now I feel like the person who would get tired of it after awhile, because this was Caroline's sl last season and she constantly bashed dude last season. So she already got her feelings on the matter out in the open, why continue to pick at it?

Bonnie obv. dislikes both Salvatores, but we don't see her constantly bashing either one. She's just there for Elena and neutral in anything regarding Elena's relationship. She listens, offers advice, is a shoulder to cry on when needed, that's what I would call a good friend. She knows Elena is a big girl and likes who she likes, she's made it clear how she feel about both Salvatores and then moved on and has been there for Elena still.

In short, I'm tired of hearing the bashing. There's not even any point to it. They have Caroline be ok with Damon several episodes at a time, but then, boom!, all of a sudden "He's a monster!, "You've changed" out of nowhere. I remember last season many people thought Caroline bashing Damon was going to be pointed out at MMF with Caroline being all girly with Klaus. Nothing. Nothing came of it. No one called her out on anything at all that entire season. I honestly don't expect anything to come out of it, because clearly it's to keep the triangle going since Caroline is SE's mouthpiece/Cheerleader. And it also keeps the good brother/bad brother dynamic in place. I don't think anything is coming out of it, IMO.
Well i don't know if I would do it every single day but if my BFF's boyfriend did some of the things Damon has done to Caroline to me? Yeah I would pretty upset that my BFF has chosen to date that same guy. Being a good friend doesn't always mean being respectful of every single choice that friend makes. You aren't required to be supportive of EVERYTHING...you are allowed to protect, warn, and talk to your friends hoping that they'll listen to you IF you think the decisions they're making are bad ones or not well informed decisions and clearly Caroline feels that way.

Caroline doesn't have to like Damon...in fact I don't blame her one bit for NOT liking him and i don't blame her for not really being overjoyed at the fact that the same person who took advantage of her and tried to kill her is now dating Elena. I get that. I also get that Damon has changed but to Caroline I understand why she would question that change and why she would question Elena's choice in boyfriends.

what I think the writers are missing in all of this is that Elena and Bonnie and practically every single character has yet to point out Caroline's hypocrisy in the way she judges people mostly Damon. If the other characters were actually allowd to point this stuff out...like Klaus and Stefan and all of that...then there would be a compelling argument between everyone. But who knows maybe that's coming in some way with damon's storyline...keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by prodigious28; 11-30-2013 at 08:49 AM
Old 11-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterwebzKid (View Post)

Exactly! I don't really care if Caroline likes Damon or not as her POV is completely not important to me. I am well aware of Damon & Caroline's history but Damon's not trying to have a relationship w/Caroline. Again I don't care if she doesn't like him my point is that she needs to be supportive of her friend otherwise IMO she's not a good friend. It's really not that hard to simply bite her tongue & just be there for Elena if things go bad (Bonnie's certainly not having hard time doing it so it is possible). I'd get her concern if Damon were actually bad TO Elena then yes I could see her wanting Elena far away from him but that's the point he's not, ELENA has said he makes her happy. She has said she had the summer of her life so Caroline is ignoring all of this & instead making this about what SHE wants instead of what Elena wants.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

True, Caroline doesn't have to like Damon, she just needs to learn to keep her big mouth shut....

Elena did the right thing...she saw someone she loved being attacked, and reacted accordingly, who cares if she killed Jesse....he was the least of her concerns...

BTW I hate that new clip, I wanted to put my hand through the screen and *****slap her...
Old 11-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I also don't understand how she can think those eyebrows are any good?
Old 11-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

As a friend Caroline has every rite to say her opinion. I would be really side-eyeing Caroline if she didn't have at least some reservations about Elena choosing to date Damon considering his past.

Yes in general we should support our friends but we should also protect them and sometimes that means saying things they don't want to hear.

Not everything in life that makes you happy is actually good for.

Caroline doesn't know the entire story and until Elena and/or Damon actually explains things to her (which they haven't) then her opinion will never change.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I thought Elena will be angry with her for always criticizing her choice. I would be, even if it was my best friend.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I thought Elena will be angry with her for always criticizing her choice. I would be, even if it was my best friend.
Me too. Elena is way too nice. I woulda punched her in the face ages ago
Old 11-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
As a friend Caroline has every rite to say her opinion. I would be really side-eyeing Caroline if she didn't have at least some reservations about Elena choosing to date Damon considering his past.

Caroline doesn't know the entire story and until Elena and/or Damon actually explains things to her (which they haven't) then her opinion will never change.
Elena knows Damon and Caroline's history. Elena doesn't care and/or has decided Damon has changed. I think as Elena's friend Caroline should be there and constantly telling her she is wrong and Damon is bad will only alienate Elena from Caroline. A true friend wants to support and be there if things get bad.

Quote:
Yes in general we should support our friends but we should also protect them and sometimes that means saying things they don't want to hear.

Not everything in life that makes you happy is actually good for.
My experience in real life it that someone in a bad relationship doesn't need to be told constantly about it... they know! They often just want a kind friend and not to be shunned or alienated because they can't or won't change. I've never found being someone's harpie productive for a relationship.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Loyal Fan

I am over this mouth piece for the writers Caroline. I want a clip of Damon or something related to Damon's storyline.

Off topic: OMG! I just found out Paul Walker died in a car accident. R.I.P