Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-30-2021, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, so Smith was only going to write it? Yeah, I heard that it was going to be for Superman Lives, but I thought that Smith said he was gonna direct after Burton dropped out, I don't know. It was a long time ago. I wouldn't have trusted Burton anyway.

Oh, so there would have been solo films before a George Miller JL movie? Cool. Yeah, aside from Mad Max: Fury Road, Miller hasn't really done much lately, which is a shame because he's a fantastic director. I think he's make a great superhero movie, just like James Mangold did with Logan.
Old 03-30-2021, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Oh, so Smith was only going to write it? Yeah, I heard that it was going to be for Superman Lives, but I thought that Smith said he was gonna direct after Burton dropped out, I don't know. It was a long time ago. I wouldn't have trusted Burton anyway.

Oh, so there would have been solo films before a George Miller JL movie? Cool. Yeah, aside from Mad Max: Fury Road, Miller hasn't really done much lately, which is a shame because he's a fantastic director. I think he's make a great superhero movie, just like James Mangold did with Logan.
Yes. I don't remember him saying that. I don't know I actually like what Burton was gonna do with Superman.

Shoot the main villain of the movie was gonna be Brainiac played by Christopher Walken.

No i meant there was just going to be a JL movie with no solo films before it.

Well, if it's meant to be then he will.

I hope everyone is ok.
Old 03-31-2021, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not ok.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I'm not ok.
I'm sorry that you're not ok.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I'm not ok.
I'm sorry, sum1. I hope you feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Yes. I don't remember him saying that. I don't know I actually like what Burton was gonna do with Superman.

Shoot the main villain of the movie was gonna be Brainiac played by Christopher Walken.

No i meant there was just going to be a JL movie with no solo films before it.

Well, if it's meant to be then he will.

I hope everyone is ok.
Well, it was a while ago, back in the 90s. I remember reading that article with Kevin Smith. He said that he procrastinated after being given the job, so he had to write the script in a week. No wonder it never got made.

What was Burton planning to do? I know that Nicholas Cage was gonna play Clark Kent, which I really didn't approve of.

Well, Burton had already worked with Walken on Batman Returns, so that doesn't surprise me. But I can't see him as Brainiac. Did you know that Richard Donner was going to have Brainiac has the main villain in Superman III before he got fired by the Salkinds?

Oh, so just a JL movie with no solo films leading up to it? I don't know how that would work. It helps the audience ease into the story if they're introduced to everyone individually. One movie could never give all those characters equal time.

Well, maybe, but I don't know if George Miller is ever going to make another movie at this point.

Thanks, dragonfire. I'm okay, and I hope you are too. I get my second vaccine shot next week.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Well, it was a while ago, back in the 90s. I remember reading that article with Kevin Smith. He said that he procrastinated after being given the job, so he had to write the script in a week. No wonder it never got made.

What was Burton planning to do? I know that Nicholas Cage was gonna play Clark Kent, which I really didn't approve of.

Well, Burton had already worked with Walken on Batman Returns, so that doesn't surprise me. But I can't see him as Brainiac. Did you know that Richard Donner was going to have Brainiac has the main villain in Superman III before he got fired by the Salkinds?

Oh, so just a JL movie with no solo films leading up to it? I don't know how that would work. It helps the audience ease into the story if they're introduced to everyone individually. One movie could never give all those characters equal time.

Well, maybe, but I don't know if George Miller is ever going to make another movie at this point.

Thanks, dragonfire. I'm okay, and I hope you are too. I get my second vaccine shot next week.
I see.

Well, he was gonna have Cage's Superman not know about his origins until after he was Superman.

He was gonna do the Death Of Superman, were talking Doomsday, black suit, etc. etc.

Doomsday was gonna be sent by Brianiac, also Brianiac and Lex were gonna merged to become Lexiac, and I think the finale fight was gonna be in outer space or at least in Brianiac skull ship.

Also I could be wrong but I think it was gonna be revealed Brianiac caused Krypton's end, and what he did to Krypton he wanted to do to Earth.

Of course that's just some of the things he wanted to do.

Yes, I think you told me before.

True.

I see.

No problem. Good, and thanks. I hope it all goes well for you. I hope everyone is ok.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nicolas Cage as Superman would have been fun.

And thanks guys for the concern.

Last edited by sum1; 04-01-2021 at 11:16 AM
Old 04-01-2021, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

ah, yeah!
Old 04-01-2021, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 04-01-2021, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

it would surely be unique!
Old 04-01-2021, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Indeed. Cage has a lot of talent. I wish he wouldn't keep flushing it down the toilet.
Old 04-01-2021, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 04-01-2021, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

Hey guys.

I agree about Cage.

I hope everyone is ok.

Quote:
| Hollywood Reporter
Ava DuVernay's 'New Gods,' James Wan's 'The Trench' DC Movies Not Moving Forward at Warner Bros. (Exclusive)
Filmmakers Ava DuVernay and James Wan won't be developing 'New Gods' or 'The Trench' at this moment for DC Films.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...at-warner-bros
Old 04-01-2021, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome, sum1. I'm glad you're okay.

I like Cage's talent, but I don't like him as Superman. He just doesn't look right for the part. His face is too narrow and not square-jawed enough.

Thanks for the info, dragonfire. I'm not surprised that Burton was gonna do Death of Superman because everyone does that. But I don't know if he could do it right.

Doomsday sent by Brainiac? That's a departure. The Brainiac and Lex thing also seems like a stretch. I prefer they follow the storylines from the comics. And how could Brainiac cause Krypton's end? That's like having The Joker kill Bruce Wayne's parents.

Thanks, dragonfire.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I like Cage's talent, but I don't like him as Superman. He just doesn't look right for the part. His face is too narrow and not square-jawed enough.

Thanks for the info, dragonfire. I'm not surprised that Burton was gonna do Death of Superman because everyone does that. But I don't know if he could do it right.

Doomsday sent by Brainiac? That's a departure. The Brainiac and Lex thing also seems like a stretch. I prefer they follow the storylines from the comics. And how could Brainiac cause Krypton's end? That's like having The Joker kill Bruce Wayne's parents.

Thanks, dragonfire.
Alex those reasons is why Burton cast Cage as Superman. Burton was casting Superman the same way he casted Batman. Outside of the box.

No problem. Well, at the time that would've been like the first time the storyline would've been used from the comic.

Yeah, if I remember correctly Brainiac was gonna send Doomsday to kill Superman because Brainiac couldn't take Earth as long as Superman was around.

Maybe but years later Lexiac did happened in the JL animated series. You know Burton wouldn't follow the comics or at least have it be carbon copy of the comics.

Well I could be wrong about that but same for Lexiac that did happened as well but in the Superman animated series, and it also happened in Smallville.

In Superman animated series Brainiac was created on Krypton, and he became like the leader over it. Think of him like Skynet so to speak.

When Jor-El kept telling them Krypton would end soon, and Brainiac kept telling them it wouldn't end soon, they believed him over Jor-El but in the end it turned out Brainac knew all along it would end soon, and he lied just to save himself, and right before Krypton ended both Brainiac, and baby Supes escaped, and of course ended up on Earth.

Honestly, I actually like having Brainiac being tied to Krypton's end because it makes Brainiac as a villain to Superman more personal. Same for The Joker being the one who killed Batman's parents.

I just prefer more personal stories over random ones.

No problem.

I hope everyone is ok.