Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-02-2021, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'll always regret we never got Cage's Superman. Superman Returns was a tolerable film, but ultimately pretty weak fare.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I'll always regret we never got Cage's Superman. Superman Returns was a tolerable film, but ultimately pretty weak fare.
Same here. To be honest I thought Superman Returns was a boring film, and it especially didn't help having it be a sequel to the Donner/Reeve's films.

Also because of that movie having Singer as the director, and Marsden playing as Lois Husband we ended up with X-Men: The Last Stand with Cyclops getting killed off, off-screen.

Then we had maybe the worst X-Men film at the time. X-Men: Origins of Wolverine. It wasn't until First Class that the films made a welcome comeback.

I hope everyone is ok.

Quote:
Screen Rant
Justice League: Leto Joker's We Live in a Society Deleted Scene Revealed
Justice League director Zack Snyder reveals the deleted scene featuring Jared Leto's Joker uttering his famous 'We live in a society' line.
https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...deleted-scene/

Quote:
Screen Rant
Justice League: Zack Snyder's Cut John Stewart Green Lantern Art Revealed
Never-before-seen concept art for Zack Snyder's Justice League provides a high resolution look at his version of John Stewart's Green Lantern.
https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...t-concept-art/

Quote:
Movieweb
Martian Manhunter & Green Lantern Were Supposed to Appear Together in the Snyder Cut
Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern initially appeared together in Zack Snyder's Justice League.
https://movieweb.com/justice-league-...green-lantern/

Quote:
Screen Rant
Zack Snyder Directed Justice League's Martian Manhunter Scene Over Zoom
To complete certain new scenes for his Justice League, Zack Snyder was forced to direct those like Ezra Miller and Diane Lane over Zoom.
https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...e-zack-snyder/
Old 04-02-2021, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for all the info, dragonfire.

See, I was never a fan of Burton's casting, but then you know that. I've said that I prefer casting that closely matches who the characters are on the page, which is why I prefer Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker, for instance.

Yeah, all that Brainiac stuff to me just doesn't feel right, having him be Kryptonian and not an Earth creation. It's like having Ultron be Tony Stark's creation instead of Hank Pym's... it just doesn't fit. I also felt that it made more sense, dramatically, for Bruce Wayne's parents to be killed by a mugger and not because of some conspiracy or at the hand of one of his main enemies. The fact that it was a random act of senseless violence makes it hit that much harder.
Old 04-02-2021, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

i had leftover mesquite bbq wings for breakfast today. yummy, living on the edge, covid-style!

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 04-02-2021, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sounds yummy!

What happened to your avatar?
Old 04-02-2021, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Thanks for all the info, dragonfire.

See, I was never a fan of Burton's casting, but then you know that. I've said that I prefer casting that closely matches who the characters are on the page, which is why I prefer Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker, for instance.

Yeah, all that Brainiac stuff to me just doesn't feel right, having him be Kryptonian and not an Earth creation. It's like having Ultron be Tony Stark's creation instead of Hank Pym's... it just doesn't fit. I also felt that it made more sense, dramatically, for Bruce Wayne's parents to be killed by a mugger and not because of some conspiracy or at the hand of one of his main enemies. The fact that it was a random act of senseless violence makes it hit that much harder.
No problem.

Yes, I do know that. Ok.

To be fair Brainiac and Kryptonians are suppose to be far advance above humans so having them a far advance Alien race above the human race create a far advance machine works.

I mean it's ok if you disagree but I get where they were coming from with having Brainiac being created by Kryptonians.

Ok, fair but having it be The Joker or pre Joker works with the context of the story for Batman 89. One of my favorite scenes from it is when Batman told The Joker I made you? You made me first.

Shoot the same happened to The Flash. Reverse Flash made The Flash first.

I will believe half of these upcoming films will actually get made when I see it.

Also The Flash Movie isn't only dealing with the Multiverse, hopefully Keaton Batman, Affleck Batman, time-travel, Supergirl, but now maybe even the future of the JL?

I hope everyone is ok.

Quote:
Except for The Batman, which is set on an alternate Earth known to geeks as Earth-2, DC is plotting its films and shows to share the same universe. Key to setting up its new status quo will be The Flash (Nov. 4, 2022), which will tackle the multiverse and is said to also lend clarity to the future of the Justice League with multiple Batmen, as well as Supergirl, appearing.

Other projects on the slate due out in 2022-23 include Warners' and New Line's Black Adam (July 29, 2022) and Shazam! Fury of the Gods (June 2, 2023), as well as Warners' Blue Beetle, Batgirl, Supergirl, Green Lantern Corps and Static Shock.

Zatanna and a third Wonder Woman are also in development, while an upcoming Superman, from producer J.J. Abrams and screenwriter Ta-Nehisi Coates, is too early in development to say if it will be connected to the larger DC Universe or if, like The Batman, it will stand on its own.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...at-warner-bros
Old 04-03-2021, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, yeah, okay. We've discussed this before, so we both know we're not gonna agree.

Well, Ultron is a lot like Brainiac, and he was created by Hank Pym, not some alien civilization.

I worry that all this multiverse stuff will end up making the DCEU a bit confusing for audiences.

Thanks for the info. I'm okay, thanks. I'm glad you are too.
Old 04-03-2021, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 04-03-2021, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Rita! You too! I was gonna post a gif tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2021, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

it's just cause it's Sunday here
Old 04-03-2021, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh yeah, I forgot.
Old 04-03-2021, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

happy floppy ears bunny day!

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 04-03-2021, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

zombie day
Old 04-03-2021, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wonder if the puppy in the pic will eat the bunny?
Old 04-03-2021, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yeah, yeah, okay. We've discussed this before, so we both know we're not gonna agree.

Well, Ultron is a lot like Brainiac, and he was created by Hank Pym, not some alien civilization.

I worry that all this multiverse stuff will end up making the DCEU a bit confusing for audiences.

Thanks for the info. I'm okay, thanks. I'm glad you are too.
True.

I don't know if I would compare Ultron who would get easily owned by Magneto to Brainiac.

Oh, there's now a rumor of
Spoiler:

No problem. Good, no problem. Thanks.

I hope everyone is ok, and Happy Easter everyone.