Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-02-2019, 01:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
New Batman Team Will Bring Back Nightwing
Quote:
DC Comics finally revealed who the new creative team will be on Batman, and that honor falls to writer James Tynion IV and artist Tony Daniel. The two will take over the book after Tom King departs with issue #85 to finish out his planned 100 issue run with a 12 issue Batman/Catwoman series. The new team will be taking the baton starting in issue #86, and you can expect a few changes to the status quo as a result, and one of those changes is set to affect one of Batmans' greatest allies. That would be Dick Grayson, who has had amnesia for quite a while now, but it seems Tynion and Daniel are set to bring back and return Nightwing to his original identity.

The news comes from the Batman Day event at the Union Square Barnes & Noble in New York (via Jonathan Sellers/Bleeding Cool), where a panel that consisted of Dan DiDio, Tynion, Scott Snyder, Brad Walker, and Peter Tomasi all spoke about what's coming up for Batman. During that conversation, it was revealed that Nightwing would be returning in 2020, so it seems the days of Ric Grayson are limited.
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/09/21/...ack-nightwing/
Old 10-02-2019, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Sounds stupid. Why do comics have to try to be ever more shocking nowadays? Can't they just write stories? Why the need for way out nonsense?
I think they want to do something different because these days it's hard to come up with something new
Old 10-02-2019, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Something new is overrated.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:11 AM
Elite Fan

Has anyone seen the Birds of Prey trailer? Cause after I saw it, it looked more like a Harley Quinn movie than a BOP movie, and it kinda reminded me of Deadpool 2.
Quote:
New Batman Comic Reveals Bruce Wayne Can Speak Kryptonian
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/10/02/...ak-kryptonian/
Old 10-03-2019, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bruce Wayne talks through his arse.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I think they want to do something different because these days it's hard to come up with something new
That's a sign of laziness and lack of creativity, Rita. Are we gonna start rewriting Shakespeare and Dickens as well?

I agree, sum1. This whole thing sucks. They did do some shocking stuff back in the 80s, like killing off Jason Todd and having Barbara Gordon shot and paralyzed by The Joker. But at least those stories had substance and merit, although I never agreed with leaving Barbara paralyzed. That was post-Crisis mentality.

I'm not surprised that Bruce learned Kryptonian. Is there any language he can't speak?

Thanks, dragonfire. Correct, this isn't a real Birds of Prey movie, this is nothing but a Harley Quinn movie made to placate Margot Robbie in spite of the fact that Suicide Squad wasn't an real breakout hit and even Will Smith decided to quit on the franchise.

Thank goodness I have a vacation coming up soon. I'm taking October 24th to November 3rd off.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Will 'Birds of Prey' Set Up 'Batgirl'?
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...s-cain-1244950
Old 10-03-2019, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If it's not Barbara Gordon then it's not Batgirl, dragonfire. I have no idea why WB is obsessed with Cassandra Cain.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
If it's not Barbara Gordon then it's not Batgirl, dragonfire. I have no idea why WB is obsessed with Cassandra Cain.
So far the Harley Quinn movie Cassandra Cain is arguably hardly like her comic book version. For now, she kinda reminds me of that kid from Deadpool 2.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Thanks, dragonfire. Correct, this isn't a real Birds of Prey movie, this is nothing but a Harley Quinn movie made to placate Margot Robbie in spite of the fact that Suicide Squad wasn't an real breakout hit and even Will Smith decided to quit on the franchise.
The Suicide Squad movie was a huge box office hit and I hold Will Smith bailing against him and always will.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, it wasn't a hit with critics, I meant. And from what I heard, there's no sequel planned. It did well enough at the box office.

They shouldn't be using Cassandra Cain at all, dragonfire. What is WB's prejudice against Barbara Gordon?
Old 10-04-2019, 07:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, it wasn't a hit with critics, I meant. And from what I heard, there's no sequel planned. It did well enough at the box office.

They shouldn't be using Cassandra Cain at all, dragonfire. What is WB's prejudice against Barbara Gordon?
Suicide Squad? Isn't Gunn making the sequel? Well, seems the Batman movie may have dibs on Barbara, and it also seems Robbie revealed she couldn't use Ivy so the Batman movie may have dibs on Ivy as well.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
The Birds of Prey movie IS the sequel.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti To Launch Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey Miniseries
Quote:
With Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) hitting theaters early next year, DC Comics is getting out ahead of the trend in the best way they could: best-selling, fan-favorite Harley Quinn writer/artists Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti are returning to the character they made one of DC's biggest cash cows with Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey, a four-issue miniseries launching in February. Described as a sequel to their groundbreaking run on Harley Quinn, which began in 2013 and ran for about 5 years and close to 100 total issues (with double shipping, specials, and miniseries), the story will give comics fans an "in" to the world of the movie and vice versa.

Per an announcement at New York Comic Con (and details related by the company's official blog), the series will also feature the cast of crazy characters from Harley’s Coney Island crew (Harley Quinn, Harley Quinn and Her Gang of Harleys). With Harley finally done with The Joker, she’s moving forward with her life (as only she can) until she’s beset by a rogue’s gallery of Gotham City’s worst villains, the target of a $10,000,000 bounty placed on her head by the Clown Prince of Crime. It will take the help of Black Canary, Cassandra Cain (a.k.a. Batgirl), Renee Montoya, and the Huntress to help Harley and get to the bottom of why The Joker has turned Gotham’s worst loose on her.
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/10/05/...quinn-and-the/
Old 10-05-2019, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

If it's a comic the proper term is "limited series". "Miniseries" means tv.