Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2014, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really liked Jubilee in the comic/cartoon. What she and Logan had was a real, nice relationship, and you are right, they put her in the movie just to give her no screentime (same with colossus but at least he did something.)

I think with the new movies they are writing them better and hopefully shaping it better so that many of the questions can be answered.

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Old 08-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

Yeah,I have more hope more the new movies. I mean, there were a lot of good things in the 1st series,but Bryan Singer made a lot of mistakes,too.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Moderator Manager

Perhaps they knew a lot of fans were upset about Last Stand and so they deviated from that and did a "past" story with Charles & Erik. Because I have really enjoyed that cast along with the original ones. And somehow I really wish we'd get a good balance between the old and new as DOFP had more of the new. I'm not complaining but having Wolverine (again) come back in the past wasn't one of the things I really wanted.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I think having Charles interact with Charles would have been more dramatic. Then again, JFK being a mutant was a bit...jarring.

If they do the Sinister or Apocalypse story lines,the other cast members will get more focus, especially Angel, adult Mystique, Colossus,Kitty and so on. I want them to stick with Bobby/Kitty, though. Colossus/Kitty is classic,but she and Pete Wisdom and her other love interests are better. They picked the perfect actress to play her and even if she had a "good girl" surface in the comics,she was actually fairly sassy. She just brought out maternal feelings in everyone, since she was sort of like Jean as a kid. She had a girl next door thing,but she's so much more complicated than that. Like, she has a connection with Marrow,Leech and the Morlocks,too. X3 couldn't have shown that,but any other movie could if they wanted to.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's what I think, the next movie could have more focus on the younger kids. I would love to see Colossus/Kitty though but with Bobby/Kitty/Rogue I doubt they'll include another pairing.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Master Fan

Bobby/Kitty is the best and she and Bobby were really bland.

This is ooh,but is there a Wolverine/Charles thread?
Old 08-10-2014, 01:19 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
This is ooh,but is there a Wolverine/Charles thread?
I don't know, but if not, feel free to start one.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Moderator Manager

We can start a Wolverine/Charles thread of course.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Didn't think about them as a pairing! Go ahead

I wanted to start Colossus/Kitty but I don't think there will be enough interest, since they don't interact yet

Old 08-12-2014, 12:27 AM
Moderator Manager

I'll be there (as I love them too) but yes I agree with you that there probably won't be enough interest for them (yet).

Old 08-13-2014, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
YES to all of this! Rogue was very different in the movies (and no accent too!). I'm fine with how Anna portrayed her but Rogue is an "active" mutant and fights a lot. She's nothing like that in the movies.
I think she was getting closer to that towards the end of X2 but then they changed the director/producers and she was turned into an insecure mopey mess again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
I never read much on him in the comics, so in Evo and the comics, I was shocked to see that he was a blond, flamboyant romance novelist who's fairly hardcore. There's no angst, brooding or anything like that. He's a and quite proud of it.
Yes, movie!Pyro is nothing like comics!Pyro. I think they should have toned down his character a little bit instead of completely changing him. Still I wonder if he will come back for the next movie.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
I think she was getting closer to that towards the end of X2 but then they changed the director/producers and she was turned into an insecure mopey mess again.

Yes, movie!Pyro is nothing like comics!Pyro. I think they should have toned down his character a little bit instead of completely changing him. Still I wonder if he will come back for the next movie.
I'm offended that he isn't in there,but then again, Aaron could have been busy or chose not to. They could have tone Pyro down, but I'd be satisfied either way. Rogue does need to be more active or she's a Mary Sue. I lost count of how many Rogue Sue fics I've seen. All of them base it on movie Rogue and have her with Pyro or a more active love triangle.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Interesting read that I just had really glad that I created this thread, to allow a center place to and get it all out

ITA on how DOFP should have been more even out instead of 80% in the past also agree that the younger students should get more but I also wouldn't mind seeing how Scott/Jean and Storm started off, seeing their story of growing and becoming teachers

A Wolverine/Professor X do we have enough that we could talk about, maybe between the present with all they've got in the 3 movies and include DOFP into one thread. Or should we test it out in unconventional couples thread, see if enough discussion
Old 08-13-2014, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Insane (View Post)
Interesting read that I just had really glad that I created this thread, to allow a center place to and get it all out

ITA on how DOFP should have been more even out instead of 80% in the past also agree that the younger students should get more but I also wouldn't mind seeing how Scott/Jean and Storm started off, seeing their story of growing and becoming teachers

A Wolverine/Professor X do we have enough that we could talk about, maybe between the present with all they've got in the 3 movies and include DOFP into one thread. Or should we test it out in unconventional couples thread, see if enough discussion
Now we do!

I'm shocked that FC didn't have them. Scott and Jean had such a puppy dog thing and he was the mutant next door. Alas, their ending bugged me.

Spoiler:
Old 08-14-2014, 12:26 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Insane (View Post)
Yes to this. I would've expected more Scott/Jean, Rogue, Storm & Gambit in the movies by now but we're still getting more focus on some of the characters. I am however glad to see a focus on Beast in the past movies as well as the Erik/Charles relationship.