Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Hardly any Storm? in X3 she had a huge role.

I think the problem with the cure being open ended was more to do with the writing. They could have shown a longer timeline to see how it did affect them - maybe some mutants went back to living normally again.

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Old 08-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

I feel Juggernaut was under-utilized in X3. He could've had a more significant role, especially to explore his backstory.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Would have been nice to see a backstory or more about him but did like his scene with Kitty, chasing her and all

With it being movies; not enough time or chance to explore everything; too bad we couldn't have the movies into TV and would have the ability to explore so much more
Old 08-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Moderator Manager

I think there was also a lack of focus on Storm overall as (for me) the movies had focused their character arcs more for Wolverine, Jean Grey, Rogue, Charles & Erik.

Actually in DOFP the new cast had more screentime than the original cast (except for Wolverine) and while Storm was there, she had very little to do in the movie. But yes, there really is no time to explore everyone in the moves and they probably picked the fan favorites to stand out.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Fan favourites why didn't Scott get more time I always thought that he was a fan favourite

I think I understand what you mean by Storm with the comment above Yes we saw her but we didn't get any backstory or anything about her. Just a lot of Halle as Storm
Old 08-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Interesting points. I think I was too down about Cyclops being pushed aside, that I always thought well at least Storm got to do something!

Old 08-05-2014, 12:46 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
X-Men 3
Lack of Cyclops
No Gambit..
Hardly any Storm.

True.

She wasn't involved that much either.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Extreme Fan

I grew up on X-men cartoons and LOVED Cyclops and Gambit, so when the movies finally came around, imagine my utter shock and dismay, especially X-Men 3. Suffice to say I have not recovered. I barely call myself an X-Men fan because I hate 98.5% of the movies. If I had to truly rant, it would take too long list every grievance I have and only make me more angry at how these movies turned out.

The first Class reboot didn't help much but it tried. All it did was make me finally appreciate Xavier because James McAvoy played him so well, not better than Patrict Stewart. It's just that I never cared for Prof X before but now I actually like him. I adore Michael Fassbender, that man is super sexy but he only made me hate Magneto more. I despise Wolverine and have since the first time I was introduced to the character in the cartoon. Hugh couldn't make me like him, not even after playing him for so long and being featured so heavily in the movies, that actually made things worse because Scott practically disappeared under the shadow of Wolverine and to this day I don't understand why. I like Jennifer Lawrence but if their plan is to have her Mystique as the X-Men leading lady in the upcoming sequel, that will be another nail in the coffin. She is NOT an X-Men, unless I missed a retcon in the comics. Whatever love I had for this franchise is dead.

It's a darn shame because X-men were one of my favourite superheroes, next to Superman/Batman/Spiderman. They were tops as an ensemble cast but now I just don't care anymore.

Last edited by rpmaluki; 08-05-2014 at 01:58 PM
Old 08-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I despise Wolverine and have since the first time I was introduced to the character in the cartoon. Hugh couldn't make me like him, not even after playing him for so long and being featured so heavily in the movies, that actually made things worse because Scott practically disappeared under the shadow of Wolverine and to this day I don't understand why.
I thought I was the only one that didn't care for him. While I don't despise the character, he certainly isn't a favorite of mine. And like you, there was nothing that Hugh could do to make the character more endearing to me.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:06 AM
Moderator Manager

I don't hate Wolverine but he wasn't my favorite. I mean I like Gambit & Cyclops more than I do Wolverine. I'm not exactly sure why Wolverine is the popular one in the movies. Was it because it was Hugh Jackman playing him? Acting-wise, I have no problem with that. It's just that I expected some characters to be more front & center. Characters like Cyclops & Storm had large SLs in the cartoons. And what is up with Gambit being MIA in the movies?

Old 08-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It being Hugh Jackman may have been why oh maybe they thought they could have more with him cause of his condition with the being undestrictive and than going back to that in the 2nd movie to give more a backstory to it than his Origin movies. It does suck that Wolverine and than also Jean, took the full front and all the other characters were pushed back. I'm just thinking it was cause they had interesting things to work with, Jean = Phoenix and than Wolverine with his memory lost and ability to heal

Yes Wolverine is my favourite, but still am annoyed on him getting all the front storyline and my Scott who is also a favourite got nothing but do remember it is movies, movies can never do what TV can. TV series have the ability to build and a lot more time. 40 mins at say 13 episodes or even 22 episodes, or even go down to 20 mins

So yes I have many problems with the movies but I still enjoy them and couldn't push them away
Old 08-06-2014, 09:52 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I'm not exactly sure why Wolverine is the popular one in the movies. Was it because it was Hugh Jackman playing him?
I think Hugh Jackman in the role has a lot to do with it. With me, anyway.

Ironically, though, I hated the Wolverine movie, although he is my favorite character. Weird.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I dislike the recent Wolverine (2013) one but might feel differently after a re-watch but I enjoyed Origins for Wolverine
Old 08-07-2014, 06:17 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)

Ironically, though, I hated the Wolverine movie, although he is my favorite character. Weird.
I don't like that movie as well, Nikki. I left the cinema wishing I didn't see it and I usually don't get that reaction watching an X-Men movie.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Interesting to hear the reactions from you rpmaluki as someone who was a hardcore X-men fan and its a shame that the movies haven't helped change your mind at all.

I'm pretty the fact that Hugh is Wolverine is why he got the separate movies and all that jazz. At a point where I don't care

If they do decide to do a spinoff on Mystique I'd be really surprised. It might be because its JLaw but again I agree, she's not a main x-men.