Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-22-2020, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Alex has lost it.
Old 12-22-2020, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I was saying that I'm probably gonna need Pepto Bismol to deal with everything sum1 is gonna say about Trump for the foreseeable future. I'd rather forget about him and focus on making fun of AOC as well as the Cryptkeeper.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe I'll need the pepto-whatsit for when you rant about political correctness every five minutes.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 12-23-2020, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's not every five minutes. But you've ranted against political correctness yourself, you just don't admit it when you do it.
Old 12-24-2020, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I never said I didn't. But I don't have a one-sided view of the topic the way you do.
Old 12-24-2020, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not really. At one point I viewed PC as an annoyance that would eventually go away. Today, however, it's become a cultish ideology.
Old 12-24-2020, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

The young generation means it seriously though
Old 12-24-2020, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
The young generation means it seriously though
Yes, and that's a problem. They weren't raised to distinguish between what is and is not offensive, and older generations underestimated how literally the Millennials and younger generations would take things. Older generations cried wolf and made accusations of racism, sexism, etc. for a political or ideological reason, mostly for effect. The younger generation went overboard because they don't know anything.
Old 12-25-2020, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Not really. At one point I viewed PC as an annoyance that would eventually go away. Today, however, it's become a cultish ideology.
Sorry, you're wrong. My view of the topic is very different from yours. I'm hardly in favour of all pc, but unlike you I don't have a simple anti-anything-pc view. And a view that opposes all pc automatically is by definition one-sided and nothing you can say can change that.

I find it amazing that you find the problems of pc worth talking about, but you think the problem of Trump isn't. You're fixated on pc and you clearly can't see how deep and far-ranging the damage caused by Trump is. I've warned you before and I'll warn you again, your fixation on pc is driving me off FF. And talking about Trump is one of the primary reasons I come here.

Last edited by sum1; 12-25-2020 at 06:24 AM
Old 12-25-2020, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, okay, sum1. I apologize.

Talking about Trump is one of the reasons you come here, fine. But I can't talk about how destructive PC is? I have to just shut up all the time? And why would that drive you off of FF? PC does no one any good, I don't know why my stance against it should bother you that much.

If you want to continue to talk about Trump, then okay. He'll be gone in another month, but the problems of PC and identity politics have been with us for two decades now and will continue to be destructive is my point, that's all. You think that Trump has damaged this country for decades, but I'm more optimistic that this country will move past Trump. This is the rant thread, so we should be free to rant about whatever is bothering us, and if you want to continue to post about Trump, then that's fine, okay? We both rant about stuff that bothers us, and I'll go easy on the PC stuff, okay?

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 12-26-2020 at 03:04 AM
Old 12-26-2020, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Trump represents a trend that has been harming world politics for decades and will continue to do so. He won't be gone soon. He'll just no longer be President. He'll still be loud and harmful and also he's aiming to get reelected in 2024 and I'd say he has a good chance. His influence has been pervasive and all-encompassing and goes far beyond what you think it effects. Political correctness is not all bad and it isn't worse or less influential than the far right. The views of the far right have filtered into the mainstream and are massively influential on the attitudes of ordinary people. Like how you echo Trump's views by blaming America's virus disaster on China rather on Trump and and how you keep acting like Biden is going to lead to a far left dominance, like how Trump keeps associating the Democrats with the far left and you do too. You're parroting Trump's ideology without even realizing it, yet you claim his influence isn't that significant. You're living proof that it is. And you've gotten me worked up again. If you keep pushing this political correctness thing I won't stick around on the boards.

It's one thing criticising political correctness now and then, but you're making a crusade out of it, and while pretending Trump and the far right aren't a major problem. You even said on the other board that it was leftwing groups rather than far right groups that were the problem, which is exactly what Trump said in the debate when he horrified people.

Last edited by sum1; 12-26-2020 at 03:30 PM
Old 12-26-2020, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

even if trump won't be around, his supporters will. I don't even want to imagine who/what they'll choose to support next.
Old 12-26-2020, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, okay, let's just switch topics. For the record, I never said that Biden would lead to far left dominance, the only thing I ever said about him was that he'd never run for a second term due to his age, that's all. I also think that he'd be less able to hold off the far left flank for very long due to that, but I know he's not personally like that. But the fact that he was attacked by his own party(including his VP pick) during the primaries who accused him of being everything from a racist, to a sexist, to being too old to govern, is a reason for concern. As for blaming China for the coronavirus pandemic, that I actually get from Bill Maher, not Trump. There's no question that Trump botched the response, however, I agree with Bill that China shouldn't get a pass since this isn't the first time a deadly virus escaped from China but only the most recent of many, and the Communist government was negligent in handling the spread. But again, that's just me clarifying my statement. I won't pursue the discussion about PC with you so let's switch the subject, okay?

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 12-26-2020 at 05:35 PM
Old 12-26-2020, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
even if trump won't be around, his supporters will. I don't even want to imagine who/what they'll choose to support next.
Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Okay, okay, let's just switch topics. For the record, I never said that Biden would lead to far left dominance, the only thing I ever said about him was that he'd never run for a second term due to his age, that's all. I also think that he'd be less able to hold off the far left flank for very long due to that, but I know he's not personally like that.
You said he'd be incapable of preventing the leftwing flank of the party from taking over, that he'd be followed by AOC types. In other words you said Biden would lead to leftwing dominance. Ultimately the same message as Trump has been pumping out.

Quote:
As for blaming China for the coronavirus pandemic, that I actually get from Bill Maher, not Trump.
And where do you think Bill Maher got it? He's unwittingly spreading Trump's message.

Quote:
But again, that's just me clarifying my statement.
As I'm clarifying mine.

Quote:
I won't pursue the discussion about PC with you so let's switch the subject, okay?
Ok, NOW we can switch the subject.