Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Bella I'm starting to get fed up with work now
Ebay is confusing too I thought you can sell your stuff for free but it turns out it costs money but they want money but I can't find how to pay them
Old 07-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yup, I'm so happy for my sister. Mr Phee is playing footy with her tonight, so hopefully I'll be getting another update on proceedings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Jen -
speaking of boyfriends- guess who has one now
Well you can't just bloody well say that and not give us any details, girly!!! What's he like? Where'd you meet him? C'mon, give us the goss.

Kel, yeah ebay charge a listing fee and then take a small percentage of the final amount you sell it for, which is fair enough, coz the ebay people have to make money out of it somehow. They just automatically charge any amount you owe to the credit card you used when you signed up as far as I know. Should be something about it in the FAQ. Here ya go, all you need to know about paying seller's fees on ebay.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Phee
She plays footy? cute

Yeah Jen...info is wanted

Thanks for the info and the link which I couldn't see before
Old 07-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Credit Card on File: Each month eBay can automatically charge your invoice amount directly to a credit or debit card you place on file (Visa, MasterCard). Your credit or debit card will normally be charged 5 to 7 days after you receive your invoice. Learn more.

One-Time Credit or Debit Card: You can also make a one-time payment with your credit or debit card.

Direct Debit from Your Bank Account: eBay can automatically deduct your monthly invoice amount from your bank account. This option is only available to sellers billed in Australian dollars with Australian bank accounts. To sign up for Direct Debit you will need to provide us with your bank account and BSB number. Learn more.

One-Time Direct Debit: Even if you do not sign up for automatic monthly payments, you can make a one-time Direct Debit payment from your bank account. Your payment will be posted to your eBay account in two business days.

Cheque and Money Order: You can make a one-time payment using a cheque or money order. To ensure that your payment is process quickly and accurately, please enclose a payment coupon with your cheque or money order. Cheque and money order payments take 7 to 10 business days to process and post to your account. Learn more.
Note: Please don't send cash to eBay.

-----------------------
Ok, Kelly is confused now I don't want monthly bills, I'm only selling very rarely

Also if I buy something, does the bill go on my C/C or can't I just go to a postal place and do "mail order" by snail mail so confusing

Thanks.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hello,

I'm getting fed up with work too. I think its 'cos I was away and things didn't get done etc ... and I think they see it as my fault

Kelly What happens with eBay is that they charge you for listing the item and when the auctioned has ended or rather the item has been brought they take a charge out of your credit card or debit card whatever you've got linked up to them. This is only done when you sell stuff with them.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Bella it's not your fault, you have to have a break from job, stuff them I say

So you mean, they charge me after it's sold and not now...then I give the C/C numbers after to pay them and for money order, they give me they're address after billing me too

Being a newbie at this sucks

My brother does Ebay but he's never online to help me

Thanks Bella
Old 07-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Kelly

I know, I just hate it when they get on my back about things.

Yep that's right. eBay will take their commission out of the item. I can't remember what percentage it is, but its very small.

I think when you go to sell you have to give them your credit card right away so that they can vertify your ID etc.

I'm not too sure what you mean with the money order ... do you mean eBay or the buyer?

No worries always happy to help.

I've got to get back to work, but post some more questions or PM me and I'll reply later tonight.

Bye
Old 07-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks I will
Old 07-27-2005, 01:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phee
Well you can't just bloody well say that and not give us any details, girly!!! What's he like? Where'd you meet him? C'mon, give us the goss.
hmm..details, his name is Brendan, we work together, different departments- me retail, him production, he invited me out to the pub for his bday, there was a group of people going, we ended up staying back for like 2 hours by ourselves chatting, he had a girlfriend, who he lived with, so nothing much else happened, then a group of us started going out every friday arvo for drinks, and we started getting closer, hanging out, 2 weeks ago he told me he really liked me, and he wanted to leave the girlfriend, if i was willing to give us a go, i said yes, so he spoke to the GF, she wanted to break up as well, so they split early last week, and now we are together..

trying to keep it on the downlow cos work is a haven for juicy gossip, but it is pretty much out there, i had to tell my manager cos he was questioning why B kept coming over to see me, and all the guys in production are catching on cos we have lunch together, and i told a couple of the girls cos i needed to tell somebody!

so yeah, i think that sums it up
Old 07-27-2005, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The girlfriend/ex girlfriend wanted to breakup too? that's good then

Sounds great Jen keep the mouth shut at work :gossip 24/7:

edited. new aussie banner, what do you think?
Old 07-27-2005, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The new banner Kelly
Old 07-27-2005, 08:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

*sings* Jen and Brendan sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G
So I'm 5 years old, sue me.

The gossip at work will no doubt be rife once the news gets out.

So, my brother's car got broken into last night! I haven't seen the damage myself, but the back windscreen got smashed, and all his stereo stuff got stolen, plus some other stuff. Something to do with the lock for his mag wheels got stolen or something, I dunno what it is exactly coz I know nothing about mag wheels, but basically he doesn't know if they're locked on properly now so he can't even move the car until it gets checked out. It seemed rather calculated, like it would have been done by someone who knew all the stuff he had and targeted his car because of it.

The prime suspects are my sister's ex and a friend of his who lives a few minutes from my parents' place.

The ex had been sending my sister hateful and immature text messages over the past few days, then this morning she gets one that just says, "Hope you have a nice day today, bubs." So she's there thinking that maybe he's actually decided to grow up and be mature about it, and then my brother comes storming into the house, having just gone outside to discover his car has been trashed!

Coincidence? I think not.

He called the insurance company about getting the windscreen replaced. He'd have to pay an excess of $400 and would lose his top rating. So they called a windscreen repair place to see how much it'd be to just get it fixed, and it's $360something.

And he had probably a few grand worth of stereo stuff stolen (amp, speakers, sub, the whole lot) but none of it was insured. When he called up to ask about insuring it, they told him that the most they ever pay out for stolen car stereo stuff is about $300, regardless of how much the stuff was actually worth. So he didn't bother getting it insured because it wasn't worth it. Now it's all been stolen.

The cops came and dusted for prints. My sister told them who they suspected may have been behind it, but get this, the cops reckon they can't even go and speak to them because they don't have enough evidence or whatever. Now, I would have thought that when there's a crime commited, and when there's someone who actually had a reason to target the victim, that maybe it might be the job of the police to, oh I dunno, at least speak to the people!!! But apparently not. How messed up is that?!?

ETA: cool banner Kel.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks girls

Your brother's car, "Hope you have a nice day today, bubs." Phee, I think it's the Ex does he live with his Parents, someone should ask Him and see if he's lying
Doesn't your brother have a Car Alarm, if he doesn't he should get a "horn beeping" one mine doesn't stop until I stop press a button
Old 07-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Fan

The ex lives about an hour north of here, but like I said, he's got a friend who only lives a couple minutes from my parents' place. It woulda happened after midnight, so my sister called her ex's mum to ask her if he'd been home all night, and she said that as far as she knew he had been, but she couldn't really say for sure because she'd been at the airport at about 4am or something. All sounds rather odd.

As far as I know my brother didn't have an alarm, (probably couldn't afford one after all the other money he's spent on his car fixing it up). It's weird that no one heard them smash the windscreen though, because he parks his car right out the front of the house, and his own bedroom is right near the front of the house. But I guess he woulda been dead to the world in the early hours of the morning and just didn't hear anything going on outside. Still, even if he didn't hear it, you'd think that one of the neighbours might have heard something.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds like the mum doesn't know for sure

Maybe he might get 1 after this bastards

edited -
Spoiler:
[ sp ] [ / sp ] no spaces
Closed Thread   Post New Thread