Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 07:31 AM
Addicted Fan

Aw Kelly, I'm sick at the moment too. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I hate this stuffy, blocked-up feeling, and to top it all off, I have a massive exam this week but I can't concentrate when I'm studying because I'm stopping every few seconds to sneeze and blow my nose. Heh.

The Ring...I saw the Japanese version on TV on Logies night, I thought it was creepy but it lost some of the creepy effect because I got distracted reading the subtitles. Sadako was scary, as was the doctor - I found the flashbacks effective, especially the scene with the doctor's experiments and that reporter just collapsed and you saw the little girl with the hair all over her face. *shudders*

A friend and I had trouble sleeping for about a week after we saw the Naomi Watts version at a friend's house, it really freaked me out. The part when she climbed out of the TV? The horse on the boat? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I'm not good with horror movies at all, I was clutching a guy friend's hand all throughout The Shining - oh my God, that movie scared me so much. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] The blood rushing down the halls, the bloody twin girls, the eerie emptiness of the hotel and Jeebus, Jack Nicholson scared the ***** outta me! My friends teased me for days afterward, whispering "Redrum" into my ear in a creepy voice and would laugh over how I would jump and whip around frantically looking for killer axe murderers in bear suits like in the movie, or they would write Redrum all over the desk in front of me. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Great. It's about 11:30 pm and now I've scared myself by reliving the memories. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] How the hell am I going to get to sleep tonight? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*coconut ice*~:
<STRONG>My friends teased me for days afterward, whispering "Redrum" into my ear in a creepy voice and would laugh over how I would jump and whip around frantically looking for killer axe murderers in bear suits like in the movie, or they would write Redrum all over the desk in front of me. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] </STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That just reminds me of Buffy, when Xander's holding the puppet and going, "Redrum. Redrummm!"
Old 05-01-2004, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
<STRONG>Aw Kelly, I'm sick at the moment too. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I hate this stuffy, blocked-up feeling, and to top it all off, I have a massive exam this week but I can't concentrate when I'm studying because I'm stopping every few seconds to sneeze and blow my nose. Heh.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

My sneezing has stopped alot [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] thankgod [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
I do feel like sneezing thou [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
My brother gave me the head cold [img]smilies/spank.gif[/img] he had it first then gave me it

I'll wait until the ring 2 is on dvd [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I don't want to watch it on a huge screen [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'm a scary cat
Old 05-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My GG dvds are on it's way [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] I got my e-mail confimed today [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Board News, if you haven't read it yet [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]

Change your name before the changes to the board. I couldn't put my MB names so I'm back to JustaGirl *lol*
------------

Hi everyone!
Over the next week, Fan Forum will be undergoing a long overdue software upgrade. This new software should improve board performance, provide new features, and increase the security of this site. Many thanks go to the Fan Forum moderators, who for the last few weeks have been helping to beta test the new site.

In order to move to the new system, the current Fan Forum boards, posts and users will be backed up Wednesday night, May 5. Posts made or user settings changed on the current boards after that will not show up on the new boards.

Important Information: Your Login ID in the new system will be your Publicly Displayed Name in the current system, rather than your Login Name in the current system. This means everyone needs to change their current Publicly Displayed Name to be what they want to be called in the new system by Wednesday, May 5, when the transfer will be done. Once your Login ID is set in the new system, you will not be able to change it!

Also note that custom avatars will have to be moved over manually, so make sure you have a copy to upload into the new system.

The switch will take place next weekend, May 8-9. Once the new site is opened, the current site will remain open for a time until we're sure the new system is working properly.

If you have any questions or problems during this process, please post them to the Software Upgrade Discussion Topic on the Questions & Answers board.

We look forward to seeing you all on the new and improved Fan Forum!
Old 05-03-2004, 12:05 AM
Master Fan

That confuses me... Does it main that whatever our publically displayed name is now (Like, **Shannon** for me) will become our login ID (which, at the moment for me is taras_willow)? Would that mean I'd need to take the **'s out of my name? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2004, 01:11 AM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Yeah, I think that's what it means Shannon [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

aw Kel...sorry to hear you're sick [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] head colds are horrible [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] heya Bella

ugh..what kind of food was it? at least they had a tim tam, huh [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2004, 08:11 AM
Addicted Fan

See, Shannon, that episode of Buffy actually freaks me out somewhat and that was S1 special effects. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That freakin' word just scares me so no surprise that I don't like that scene at all, even though it was meant to be humourous. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And the announcement puzzles me too. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I'm contemplating changing my publicly screened name-turned-Login-name because I cannot stand my current name, I just haven't been bothered to change it before, heh. I think we only get one name on the new server and then we're not allowed to change it again, which means we're stuck with that name. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>See, Shannon, that episode of Buffy actually freaks me out somewhat and that was S1 special effects. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That freakin' word just scares me so no surprise that I don't like that scene at all, even though it was meant to be humourous. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] </STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] The whole episode freaks me out too. Gahhh puppets. But I just crack up at that scene, because of the way he says it. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Hmmm. I'm just gonna leave my name as is. I really can't be bothered changing anything. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2004, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by **Shannon**:
<STRONG>That confuses me... Does it main that whatever our publically displayed name is now (Like, **Shannon** for me) will become our login ID (which, at the moment for me is taras_willow)? Would that mean I'd need to take the **'s out of my name? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
**Shannon** will be your display name [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] you can keep the **, just ask Here (help thread)

Coco - If you don't like your name that you got, change it now before the changes [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Oh and save your avatars if you want to save them [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] f4f will lose it because the updating [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2004, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
It's me!
Sorry for my absence but I have had a not so good week!
Last Tuesday I lost my job! There are alot of office politics and b!tchness at my work and I for most part stayed out of it. However one of the girls who we all joke is having an affair with the boss HATES me and she obviously got her way and I got fired! I have never done a thing wrong there in 3 1/2 years! So I am taking it the the Industrial Relations Commission for unfair dismissal! I'll show these lawyers they can't push us common people around [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

So I am busy job hunting! Shouldn't be too hard to find a new job I hope!

Peachy - have a great holiday

Kelly - hope you feel better!

Everyone else [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

I will try and get online atleast once a week!

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/bubble.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2004, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie bubbles:
<STRONG>However one of the girls who we all joke is having an affair with the boss HATES me and she obviously got her way and I got fired!</STRONG>
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] She is?? I hope it comes out then and the wife knows
I'm so sorry that you lost your job [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] good luck with winning your case, you should win [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2004, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Kelly. Well that is just the office gossip - I don't know if it is true or not, but she has some kind of hold over our boss. She is only a law clerk but yet she gets away with and has the power of a Senior Solicitor!

Job hunting is fun! It is good to see there are so many jobs out there! Now here's hoping I get one!

Oh in case anyone wants to email me (I am pretty much checking my emails every day) my email addy is nadene_81@hotmail.com [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Feel free everyone to drop me a line [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/bubble.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2004, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I sounds like she is [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] eww...gross [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Don't forget to login in as your board name [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
I'm worried about Bella [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] because she doen't know [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
I could try e-mailing her I guess

Anyway, don't post as much [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] why?
Quote:
Also, all posts made before the morning of May 6th, will be carried over. So, if you try posting here after that date (the boards will remain open during the transition), they will not carry over, so be sure to visit us at the new Fan Forum
We move home (forum) this weekend [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2004, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We're Back

Woo Hoo

Aussie set your timezones Perth peeps are 7+, in your "edit options"

Need help ask around
Old 05-10-2004, 01:54 AM
Master Fan

*gets confused with the Post Topic / Add Reply buttons* They're switched around!

I set my timezone but it's still like an hour out. *shrug* Oh well!