Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

2 men from Power company [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] got fired [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Read my rant at the DC aussie thread [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2004, 09:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

I don't think I could handle living in another country. I'd get too damn homesick. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Moving to Texas would be quite an experience! I'll keep all my *fingers and toes crossed* for you and Chris, Bubbles. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The positive of living in the UK is that you're so close to the whole of Europe, so you can pop off for the weekend to any number of countries. Hubby knows this guy who lived in London for a while, and that's what they did quite often. You can't do that sorta thing when you're stuck down here in Australia, miles away from the rest of the world. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

The downside to living in London is that the cost of living is pretty high. Hubby's mate's place in London cost him a pretty penny in rent, but it was so small that you couldn't open the front door the whole way coz the hallway was so narrow. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I've been invited to a hen's night tomorrow night..*checks time*...well, technically tonight. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Dunno if I'm gonna go, though, coz I won't know anyone there, and I'm not the greatest conversationalist when I'm hanging out with people I do know, so hanging out with a bunch of strangers isn't really my idea of a great time. I don't wanna offend the bride-to-be by not going though. What to do. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2004, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

It was sprinkling this morning! Perth has definitely cooled down!

Kel Did the get fired? Well now all we need is that new generator! They claim we will have power shortages until 2007 [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Phee Yeah I know - that would be the only great thing about London. I have sooo many friends there at the moment who just pop over to Venice or Amsterdam for the weekend. But Texas is so close to South America so I can go to Mexico and Brazil [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Hen's night - say you are sick [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 12:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Kel Did the get fired? Well now all we need is that new generator! They claim we will have power shortages until 2007 [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
They were forced to resign as I heard it [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 01:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie bubbles:
<STRONG>Phee Yeah I know - that would be the only great thing about London. I have sooo many friends there at the moment who just pop over to Venice or Amsterdam for the weekend. But Texas is so close to South America so I can go to Mexico and Brazil [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Good point. South America would be an awesome place to visit! That's the one sucky thing about living down here, that we can't just pack up and go experience a whole different culture any time we want to like you can in other parts of the world.

Quote:
<STRONG>
Hen's night - say you are sick [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I managed to get out of going, only now I'm going shoe shopping with my mum which has the potential to be far worse than sitting in a room full of people I don't know. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But I need new shoes to wear to this wedding, and mum's got a credit card, so I'm going shopping with her. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 01:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

The weather is completely *****ed up. You're either going to melt in the heat, or you're going to freeze to death. I can't wait to see where the world will be in 20 years time. The planet is screwed.

Of course, this may just me talking utter nonsense as due to the heat last night (27 degrees), about 3 hours of sleep was had. *cries*

I know that the other states have had their fair share of crappy, hot weather but it's the humidity that I cannot take. Sweat just clings to you... er...

Yes, I just came in here to bitch about the weather, because YOU SUCK MOTHER NATURE.

*prepares for the apparent, 41 degree weekend!!!*
Old 02-20-2004, 01:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Yep, the heat is mucho annoying. I've been lucky, and have managed to mostly stay in the air con, but that'll probably change next week.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by p&j =true luv:
<STRONG>They were forced to resign as I heard it [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Nope [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] fired but there's another man being force to leave [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] he won't leave but alot of people want him to *sighs* it was on the news tonight [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Why should we pay out power bills if they always screw us around *sighs* it's a joke, we can't live like this, can we? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Businesses have lose alot of money because they're fooling around
Old 02-20-2004, 07:42 AM
Addicted Fan

The weather sounds like a bitch in Australia at the moment, I can't believe kids were fainting at school? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] The day was really nice in Sydney today - uh, yesterday - they said it was going to be really high but it turned out to be fairly warm, that's all. Gorgeous day. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I would die if there was a power shortage right now, no way can I living without air con.

Nadene, wow, Texas! Apparently it gets really hot over there in summer as well because it's near desert, and it's landlocked. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Texas, the home of George W Bush and um...Kell. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*coconut ice*~:
<STRONG>I would die if there was a power shortage right now, no way can I living without air con.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] My air con is actually broken... I'm visitng my friends a lot lately. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 08:41 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Divine Spark:
<STRONG>Yes, I just came in here to bitch about the weather, because YOU SUCK MOTHER NATURE.</STRONG>
WORD! We don't have aircon at our place, so we've gotta rely on fans, but really all the fans do is circulate hot air which doesn't do a damn thing to cool you down. I'm all for warm weather (I'll take heat over the cold any day), but this is nuts!!!

I have decided that shopping is evil and depressing. I don't go clothes shopping that often (primarily due to lack of funds for cool new stuff [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img] ), and whenever I do, I can never find what I'm looking for. Spent 3 hours looking for a single pair of shoes tonight and found nothing.....

Is it really too much to ask for a nice pair of reasonably priced, strappy shoes with little or no heel? You wouldn't think it'd be a huge ask, but I'm here to tell you it apparently is.....

All strappy shoes have high heels (and I'm already quite tall enough thank you), and all shoes that are either flat or have a small heel are either chunky looking things, or are far too casual to wear to a wedding. I just can't win! [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]
*rant over* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 02-20-2004: Message edited Phee ]
Old 02-20-2004, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by **Shannon**:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] My air con is actually broken... I'm visitng my friends a lot lately. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Go shopping [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] they're on sale [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] at summer time [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Westies [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] if you're bored [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Mandurah Forum [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] they charged the name now into something else [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] is now open on Sundays [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] 10am - 5pm [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy_D+J_Fan:
<STRONG>

Mandurah Forum [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] they charged the name now into something else [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] is now open on Sundays [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] 10am - 5pm [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]</STRONG>
well its about time something opened on Sundays, its so annoying having everything closed [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Too bad i dont live anywhere near Mandurah [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

It's 44 degrees! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 10:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Phee:
<STRONG>It's 44 degrees! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] are you serious [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I am actually cool here in Perth, last night i actually went out with a jacket on [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

the weather at the moment is just plain weird