Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2018, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Didn't sleep much last nice thanks to anxiety.

We had a power outage right as I was starting my "going to bed" routine and I don't have a smartphone, right? So I spent an hour trying to reach Hydro so they could tell me when the power was expected to be back so that I would know if I was better off staying up till it did or risk oversleeping in the morning.

Hydro was having server issues. So, for about 75% of that hour, I kept getting a dial tone or getting hung up by their automated system. I called my brother so he could look at their website (where they usually advertise when you can expect the power to be back) but it didn't have any information... because server issues.

I finally managed to get on their "Your call is important to us, don't hang up or you'll lose your place in the queue" part and I eventually talked to guy who couldn't really help me because server issues. But, as we were talking, the power came back.

Except I couldn't sleep soundly after that. Any little bump or sound (even my own freaking snores) woke me up because I thought it was the power going out again.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:24 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I graduated yesterday and I don't think my heart has felt this light in years. It's a light point in my struggle with anxiety.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh crap Sunny. No wonder you were anxious. Worrying about if it will go out again, or go out just long enough for your clock and alarm to be messed up.

Noises become so loud at the point. I'm sorry you slept so crappily. My alarm makes a loud sound if power is cut to it, so it will wake me up.

It would make me crazy not being able to find out anything about the timeline.

Mel, congrats on your graduation, and feeling so much lighter.

Kim
Old 08-31-2018, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sunny sorry to hear about your night. I can't sleep when the power is off. First of all, it's way too hot here. Secondly, I don't like how still and quiet everything is. I have a loud ringing in my ears all the time, and when that's all I can hear it drives me crazy.

My anxiety is so high lately, I just have no appetite and if I do eat I get sick really easily. I was always this way when I had a nerve wrecking thing I had to do the next day or whatever, but now it's just constant. And waking up every hour is the absolute worst

Last edited by Collins; 09-01-2018 at 08:58 AM
Old 08-31-2018, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll throw out there that when I can't eat from anxiety, I just attempt to eat a broth soup or just a warm broth. It feels like eating something but is liquid and easier for me to keep down when I feel sick to eat from bad anxiety. Sometimes anxiety manifests in feeling sick in my stomach.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats, Mel.

That's a great idea, Leanne. All of us can afford to skip a few meals, food-wise, but we need to keep hydrated. So if anxiety makes it impossible to actually ingest food, then "drinking" broth is an excellent alternative.

Sleeping a stupidly complex process for me, so if it weren't for how hot it was that night, the power being out wouldn't been an issue. I need total darkness anyway. The heat would have made it impossible for me to sleep. It's the stress associated with not waking up on time to get it to work that was a problem. And, what do you know, work-related anxiety is why I have been having issues sleeping lately.

I hope to get some respite from all of that this weekend.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry that your job seems to be so stressful, Sunny.

This morning I woke up with the worst chest pain I've ever felt and it lingered for a good 30 mins. Was a little scary..
Old 09-01-2018, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne's idea about the broth really helped me, when for a few weeks I couldn't keep food down, from anxiety.

Heat does make it impossible to sleep. I always have my fan blowing on me, and if it's not there, I get anxious about thinking I won't be able to breathe.

Sunny, When I can't sleep, I think about talking to someone-even if it's a celebrity, friend, family member who is around or one who isn't. Not talking about my anxieties though, just about different things. That's what I've learned works for me. Is it stress about what is coming, could be coming, or about how you're doing with your job? Maybe knowing would help you in how to counteract it.

Collins, chest pain is very scary. Beyond scary. Then worrying about it makes it worse. I can't remember, do you take medicine for anxiety? The only way I can get mine to stop is taking a 2nd one. I don't know if it's the medicine working, or my calming down knowing I've taken it. Do you only have it when you're anxious?

Kim
Old 09-01-2018, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I do the same thing, Kim. That or I decorate dream homes for myself.

The problem I have these days is staying focused on that conversation or activity, you know?

So I have a harder time drifting off.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you so much for the broth/soup recommendation. It might be all I have in a day but it is helping.

Kim; I haven't taken medicine since the beginning of this year. Never had something prescribed to me that worked, and I've tried for a long time. That's why I use.. other drugs to help because it's the only thing that works. I'm extremely salty about that issue, but that's not for this thread. The chest pain is usually a constant dull feeling without them, but for some reason I woke up with what felt like something I could go to the hospital for. And now that I live alone that scares the hell out of me.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

I finally have a prescription for vallum. It's low dose, but that's quite okay with me.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

This long weekend has been lovely for catching up on sleep.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats Mel!

I've been having spikes in my anxiety since I managed to compress/pinch my ulnar nerve, leaving my fingers numb. Takes 3 to 6 weeks for it to heal itself, meanwhile I can't feel two fingers.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Collins, it's good the soup idea is helping you. I understand about the medicine issue.

Mandie, I'm glad that's helping.

Sunny, glad you got rest rehab.

Millie, I hope that eases up soon. Physical things do cause a lot of anxiety. Will you see a Dr. again soon?

Kim
Old 09-03-2018, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ No, I just have to wait it out really. Nothing I can do to help it, other than not sleeping on that side or propping my elbow on a table/desk.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread