View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 05:30 PM
sunnykerr
Fan Forum Star

Didn't sleep much last nice thanks to anxiety.

We had a power outage right as I was starting my "going to bed" routine and I don't have a smartphone, right? So I spent an hour trying to reach Hydro so they could tell me when the power was expected to be back so that I would know if I was better off staying up till it did or risk oversleeping in the morning.

Hydro was having server issues. So, for about 75% of that hour, I kept getting a dial tone or getting hung up by their automated system. I called my brother so he could look at their website (where they usually advertise when you can expect the power to be back) but it didn't have any information... because server issues.

I finally managed to get on their "Your call is important to us, don't hang up or you'll lose your place in the queue" part and I eventually talked to guy who couldn't really help me because server issues. But, as we were talking, the power came back.

Except I couldn't sleep soundly after that. Any little bump or sound (even my own freaking snores) woke me up because I thought it was the power going out again.