Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2003, 03:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ah! Melis! Yeah, it has been a while! I've been...around! It's nice to meet other people that are into the same sort of things you're into. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ha, I actually idolised Sara growing up. I think she was a realistic positive roll model.

Yep, Stephen Dorff was in that episode (where Becky cuts the cheese)... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] He had glasses.

If anyone knows where I can get a copy of the entire show on video or DVD, please let me know, I'm desperate! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] Actually, I haven't seen any eps of "Roseanne" since the death of Glenn Quinn, but I'll always remember him as the dufus Mark, and how he wore his hair and that it always irritated Roseanne. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I also loved him in "Campfire Tales", and of course, "Angel". [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I think that's what was so appealing about the show. They were real people portraying a real family. And of course they came out with some hysterical one liners. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Becky was a good character, although she could be a brat. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] But I wouldn't have had it any other way.

[img]smilies/pout.gif[/img] Oh, how I want to see this show again!

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Funny quote! Does anyone know of any "Roseanne" sites that have quotes or episode transcripts? If I can't get my hands on the episodes to watch, then the next best thing would be to read the transcripts. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

My name is Brek by the way! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
How about some pics?

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 11-28-2003, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

glory fades, that was such a classic episode! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Nice to see you back here, Brek!

I don't know of any sites that have transcripts, but I found a Roseanne site here. It has some little tidbits. You can also visit TV Tome although their descriptions aren't always very descriptive.

I agree that you can definitely relate to this show.

Here's some pics. I couldn't find many. They came off the Nick at Nite site.

[ 11-28-2003: Message edited Melis ]
Old 11-29-2003, 04:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Brekkon:
<STRONG>Actually, I haven't seen any eps of "Roseanne" since the death of Glenn Quinn, but I'll always remember him as the dufus Mark, and how he wore his hair and that it always irritated Roseanne. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I also loved him in "Campfire Tales", and of course, "Angel". [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I've only seen Glenn on Angel and Roseanne, he was great on both though. It was really funny how Mark's hair was when he first came, with the two strands in the front. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 11-30-2003: Message edited glory fades ]

It's like infinite – it's kinda how I feel about us.
Jake&Peyton. Brooke&Lucas. Bright&Hannah.
Joan&Adam. Ephram&Amy. Clark&Chloe.
Old 11-30-2003, 08:08 PM
Extreme Fan

[ 11-30-2003: Message edited glory fades ]

It's like infinite – it's kinda how I feel about us.
Jake&Peyton. Brooke&Lucas. Bright&Hannah.
Joan&Adam. Ephram&Amy. Clark&Chloe.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hello fans!

[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Seeing these pics, it's like I watched the show yesterday. Actually, yesterday, a lady came into the store and she was wearing a t-shirt with chickens all over it. You know what I thought of...obviously. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Mark's strands of hair. I'll need to find some pics of that.

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 12-06-2003, 12:05 AM
Master Fan

I cannot wait until Roseanne comes out on DVD. I wish they would've put that out when all of the other 80's TV show DVD's were coming out a couple of months ago (which reminds me that I seriously need to go pick up my copy of saved by the bell)

I've been watching Roseanne every night for the last couple of months on nick at nite and I can't wait until she becomes pregnant or they show her nursing the baby.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 12-06-2003, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

Okay...so, I'm bored so I decided to quickly do a whole summary of the entire 9 seasons of Roseanne...here it goes:

Roseanne married her highschool sweetheart, Dan Conner. They had 3 kids: Becky, Darlene, and D.J. After a few bad relationships, Becky met Mark, fell in love and married him--while Darlene accidentally fell for Mark's younger brother, David. Seeing that David's mom was beating him up, Roseanne suggested that David moved in with the Conners.

Everyone's going through a crazy time at the connners, with everyone living with Roseanne, but her younger sister Jackie, who has been in a number of bad relationships, one of them being abusive and one of them being a sex romp with Dan's friend, Arnie.

One night, Jackie has a one night stand with one of Dan's friends and then becomes impregnanted by him. They end up getting married six months after the baby is born--later they find themselves having problems and quickly get a divorce.

Which somewhat upsets Roseanne seeing as that in the middle of Jackie's problems with her husband, Roseanne finds herself pregnant once again--two days after she found out that Becky and her husband were trying to concieve a child.

While Mark's trying to have a child, David is trying to deal with his on-and off again girlfriend, Darlene, who is dating him and another guy at the same time. After Roseanne learns about this, David finally talks to Darlene, she chooses the other guy, and he says--and I quote--"I'm sory for wasting 3 years of my life with you, you ungrateful bitch." Darlene starts to experiment with drugs, moves in with her new man, and David finds a new girlfriend, but of course they are brought back together, and just in time for a nice romantic getaway to Disney world--where Darlene becomes pregnant.

With Darlene pregnant, and Becky and Mark now living in a trailer, Roseanne finds everything heading downwards for her..then throw in that Dan passes out and has a heart attack at Darlene and David's wedding, and you get more bad stuff then you wanted.

When coming home, Dan is met with a fight from Roseanne, she leaves, but then comes back; just as Jackie finds out that they won the lottery..

Quickly after winning it, Dan becomes depressed and decides to pick up and head away to visit his instituionalized mother.

After dealing with things on her own (her mom coming out to her, women hating terriost) Roseanne is finally happy as Dan finally comes back...but the happiness drops when Jackie (whose now dating a prince, who saw her on television) startes to fume over the fact that she found out that Dan has cheated on Roseanne with his mother's nurse.

Dan tells Roseanne and she hops in her car and goes on a junk food spree. She later returns to find Dan gone. She locks herself in her room and no one can get her out of there. She ends up coming out and soon afterwards forms a bond with her hated bosse's son, who she seems to be falling for--and him for her.

Hearing these rumors of Roseanne and the guy, Dan comes to talk to Roseanne about wanting her back. In the middle of their first step, Dan gets a call from Jackie, Darlene is in the hospital. Darlene has her baby prematurely early and the doctors don't think she's going to make it. She does.

Darlene and David bring home the baby, Roseanne's mother introduces everyone to her girlfriend, Becky and Mark confess that Becky is pregnant and that is the end of the show...

or is it?

We then learn that everything after Dan had a heart attack has been a lie to make Roseanne feel better. In fact, here's what happened:

Dan died after the heart attack. Darlene married Mark, Becky is pregnant with David's kid, and Jackie is gay.

Thus....ending it in a way that only ROSEANNE could.

Old 12-09-2003, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Thanks for the summary! That will helpful for those who don't get the reruns.

That ending was disappointing. I can't see Darlene and Mark.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Melis:

Thanks for the summary!
You're welcome. And for those of you who get the re-runs, Nick @ Nite will be airing a Christmas themed Roseanne Marathon tonight starting at either 9, 9:30, or 10 and it wont be ending until 3am.

Hope you all have your bowls of hershey kisses and your large liter of Eggnog ready. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2003, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Yay! I can't wait. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2003, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

Damn. It starts at 10, so I pretty much rushed home for nothing.

Oh well, I'll eat christmas cookies while I'm waiting. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2003, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

I missed it. My TV Guide said it was on at 9, so when it wasn't on then I just assumed it was a mistake. Ooops.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

That sucks. But maybe they'll show the entire thing again. I honestly was only watching it for the last episode. The one where Dan comes home after staying with his mom and Jackie catches him talking on the phone w/his mistress. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2003, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Oh, I don't remember that ep. It sounds familiar, though.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

I just noticed something...on last night's episode of Roseanne, the doctor told Roseanne and Dan that she was having a girl but she had a boy on the show.

Talk about having your episodes in order.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread