Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

Well, since Patrick has a small part in this new one I guess he's okaying it? It'd be cool to hear what Jennifer Grey thinks of it.

Oh, I absolutely loved Jerry Orbach as her father! He's such a terrific actor. And when I first saw Gilmore Girls I squealed "it's Baby's mother from Dirty Dancing!".
Old 06-13-2004, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Maxi*
Well, since Patrick has a small part in this new one I guess he's okaying it? It'd be cool to hear what Jennifer Grey thinks of it.

Oh, I absolutely loved Jerry Orbach as her father! He's such a terrific actor. And when I first saw Gilmore Girls I squealed "it's Baby's mother from Dirty Dancing!".
Yeah, Jerry has done quite a lot of acting since. Did you hear about Max Cantor who played Robbie?
Old 06-13-2004, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

Hey, yeah I heard about that guy Max. He commited suicide, I think he was having problems even during the filming of the movie. I watched the E! True Hollywood story on DD. It was pretty good. You know at first Jenn and Patrick didn't like each other. If I remember correctly, they had interviewed for another movie before DD and didn't get along so well. But, they eventually made up and the movie started flowing. In case you guys don't know, Jenn had a nose job and it completely changed her whole look. She doesn't even look like the same person. Lots of the "hollywood" folks say it even hurt her career alot. But regardless, I loved the movie. I had the posters and know all the lines to the movie and the music. Oh and who can forget that semi-second booty shot of Patricks? Man I wore the tape out at that spot.

Michelle
Old 06-13-2004, 12:03 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think it was suicide because he overdosed on heroin. he was working for the village voice and became involved in dodgy dealings to get the truth about a story. He probably got hooked and there was no way back.

It was so weird hearing how they didn't like each other at first, the chemistry is brilliant throughout.

Oh yeah..she had a nose job. I saw a pic, do you think it looks better?
Old 06-14-2004, 12:52 AM
Loyal Fan

I think jen grey was in final destination? it was a plane movie anyways .. thats theb first one that came into my hhead ??

I think that dress id gorgeous - i havent even heard much of HN living in the uk but i know the guy thats in it is out of Y tu Mama tibien which was good. so if it ever comes out over here i might give it a go.

Patrick is fantastic cant believe they didnt get along but glad they made up.

"You look good wearing my future"
Old 06-14-2004, 01:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
I think jen grey was in final destination? it was a plane movie anyways .. thats theb first one that came into my hhead ??

I think that dress id gorgeous - i havent even heard much of HN living in the uk but i know the guy thats in it is out of Y tu Mama tibien which was good. so if it ever comes out over here i might give it a go.

Patrick is fantastic cant believe they didnt get along but glad they made up.
I haven't heard anything about HN either, I'm from the UK too. It might just show in a few cinemas.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:40 PM
Loyal Fan

I hope so i never got to see the original dirty dancing on big screen so would be nice to see this one at the flicks

Old 06-14-2004, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
I hope so i never got to see the original dirty dancing on big screen so would be nice to see this one at the flicks
One night Dirty Dancing was showing at a cinema in Leciester Square..I was so excited to see it on the big screen and it was later cancelled. I'm def gonna try and see Havana Nights on the big screen.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

Twiggy - lovely Some Kind of Wonderful avatar. That's another nice movie.

Not sure if Jennifer Grey was in Final Destination or not. I haven't seen that movie.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Maxi*
Twiggy - lovely Some Kind of Wonderful avatar. That's another nice movie.

Not sure if Jennifer Grey was in Final Destination or not. I haven't seen that movie.
She wasn't in Final Destination. Has anyone seen West Side Waltz? it has her in it and its really good.

Twiggy: I think the film your thinking about with the airplane is called Bounce.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks Maxi - yeah its one of my fav movies the pic in my av i got of e bay and it came yesterday in the post i it.

Groovy - yeah thats the one - bounce i almost didnt recognise her in that movie. I have only visited London once and went to leceister square and i smiled at Callum Best and he smiled back - he he

Old 06-15-2004, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by groovyk1
One night Dirty Dancing was showing at a cinema in Leciester Square..I was so excited to see it on the big screen and it was later cancelled. I'm def gonna try and see Havana Nights on the big screen.
I would have been so upset! ....

Havana Nights?...is that the "remake"?...I don't even want to think about that.

Claudia
Old 06-15-2004, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

Yup Havanna Nights is the new one.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:16 AM
Elite Fan

Its not so much a remake but a totally different set of characters and story. But they shoved the DD in front of the title. I think there is Dirty dancing in it.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:44 AM
Loyal Fan

No body puts baby in a corner he he cheesy line but love it. I rmember seeing him on the big breakfast and he was older and said it . i nearly wet myself laughing .

I have to say i totally love her dress at the end too just the way it spins right out .when she spins round it is so pretty

Closed Thread   Post New Thread