Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Janet ~ (View Post)
I live in a very French place, actually just over 10% of the population is neither English nor French and just under 8% speaks English... First language-wise. However my French sucks.
Plenty of poeple don't speak it of course, but whenever I've been abroad, mostly to other parts of Europe, there always seems to be english translations for stuff, and I don't really go to the tourist-y places all the time.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Heh, I don't think there are English translations on the emergency plans on the metro.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 10-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really, the peace prize? Okie day. It’s not that I don’t like him, I think he’s okay and I really loved An Inconvenient Truth because it really brought global warning to the masses but I still can’t over him and his “lockbox” campaign. *giggles*

And at the risk of sounding redundant since everyone else in the thread has already said your English is letter perfect, Val. I’d have never known.

Mandy

Last edited by Wayward Melody; 10-12-2007 at 02:08 PM
Old 10-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

I hated An Inconveniant Truth and I hate the whole freaking out about global warming, maybe it is happening, but they should do something instead of trying to scare the public and raise taxes, like that's going to get support.

But my views are rather controversial about many things, that's why I'm hoping to do Politics at Uni if I get the A Levels, I love that sort of stuff.

Last edited by SiriuslyPotter; 10-12-2007 at 02:16 PM
Old 10-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It does really matter if anyone agrees or not. I am always so pleased to see people take an interest in things that are going on in the world and are able to articulate their views whether they jive with mine or not, so I think it’s cool.

Mandy
Old 10-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It does really matter if anyone agrees or not. I am always so pleased to see people take an interest in things that are going on in the world and are able to articulate their views whether they jive with mine or not, so I think it’s cool.
I agree, I'm so passionate about my opinions on things, that even if I don't agree with others, I can still appreciate it, I like it when people know what's going on in the world too.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So now I know you’re interested in politics, what else are you passionate about? And what about An Inconvenient Truth do you hate?

Mandy
Old 10-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriuslyPotter (View Post)
I hated An Inconveniant Truth and I hate the whole freaking out about global warming, maybe it is happening, but they should do something instead of trying to scare the public and raise taxes, like that's going to get support.

But my views are rather controversial about many things, that's why I'm hoping to do Politics at Uni if I get the A Levels, I love that sort of stuff.
Yes, me too. I agree. I think it has been exaggerated by some, particularly goverments to squeeze even more taxes out of us. It's certainly something to be worried about, but what's the point of us (i.e. the UK) cutting our carbon emissions- when we contribute to about 1% of human-caused global warming to the atmosphere- when America and China, the biggest contributers to global warming, refuse to do anything about it?
Old 10-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a very good point. I live in the US and I have nothing to say for us in terms of that.

Mandy
Old 10-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

*tells herself to stay out of this*

Does anyone watch both the american and the british Office? I just started to watch the UK one even though I never wanted to. But I felt in love with Ricky Gervais in Extras.
|it's about time
Old 10-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

What I'm passionate about? hmm, somewhat related I love History, I love reading, I love doing drama and acting and I love the general geeky stuff of computers/tv shows, I guess that's the main stuff, If I'm any good at this stuff is an entirely seperate thing

I think it's mostly Al Gore, I don't like how he comes across so having to listen to him waffle on about something I've got mixed opinions about isn't a fun expieriance.

Quote:
Yes, me too. I agree. I think it has been exaggerated by some, particularly goverments to squeeze even more taxes out of us. It's certainly something to be worried about, but what's the point of us (i.e. the UK) cutting our carbon emissions- when we contribute to about 1% of human-caused global warming to the atmosphere- when America and China, the biggest contributers to global warming, refuse to do anything about it?
I agree.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh wow. lol. That’s a little ironic and amusing.

I haven’t watched either version of The Office yet but I also love Extras I’m so glad it’s going to be back. Have you seen Stardust Mrs.Almeida, he's in that and he's very funny?

Mandy

Last edited by Wayward Melody; 10-12-2007 at 02:56 PM
Old 10-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Almeida (View Post)
*tells herself to stay out of this*
Sorry, that would be my fault, I got a little carried away, I'll shut up now.

I've never seen either, I love Extras though!

Old 10-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A drama geek. Yay! I'm a huge drama geek. And a reading geek. I'm trying to do the 50 book challenge on the book board but I've been so busy this year.

Mandy
Old 10-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, me too. I get a little too involved in the whole matter. I'm not particularly passionate about the environment, but I hate the way the government uses it as an excuse to tax us even more!

I don't like Ricky Gervais's shows, but I think his stand-up is hilarious.

Quote:
A drama geek. Yay! I'm a huge drama geek. And a reading geek. I'm trying to do the 50 book challenge on the book board but I've been so busy this year.
I tried to do this. Suffice to say, I failed miserably. *le sigh*