Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2009, 06:59 AM
Elite Fan

2009 November Special - "The Waters of Mars" Episode Discussion

Waters of Mars

Quote:
Mars, 2059. Bowie Base One. Last recorded message: "Don't drink the water. Don't even touch it. Not one drop."

Doctor Who will return to BBC One on Sunday 15 November for The Waters of Mars - the second of four specials airing throughout 2009.

YouTube - Doctor Who - The Waters of Mars - trailer Nov 2009
|it's about time
Mrs.Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

SO excited to have this thread up here! It seems like aaaaaaages since we've had a DW discussion thread I really can't wait until next week

Also, how much do I love that it's called Bowie Base One? Let me tell you, a LOT.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

This is up awfully quickly. Don't know why. Someone's a little excited? Not me, I'm perfectly calm and reasonable. *nose grows a good two feet*
stoptheqtip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

I actually want to put this up last night but paced myself ... but I couldn't help it anymore today

I cannot believe it will air in 8 days! Took a look at the thread for "Planet of the Dead" and it's really been almost 7 months since that!
|it's about time
Old 11-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

I can't believe it either- a week tomorrow! A WEEK TOMORROW!

Seven months is just horrendous!
Old 11-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

But it is over ... if I had known the wait would be so long when PotD aird

Also, can I say that I absolutely hate the trailer's end? That very last line about how it is the beginning of the end? No need to rub it in constantly!
|it's about time
Old 11-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

I know, Frances posted the trailer on her LJ and I was, like, way to state the obvious and pour salt in the wound, BBC Anouncer Lady!
Old 11-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

I was surprised they did not put anything into the actual trailer ... something like that "... and I don't hear anyone knocking, do you?"

Well, I guess we will get plenty of that next Sunday
|it's about time
Old 11-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

Or just "DID YOU REMEMBER THE DOCTOR IS REGENERATING? JUST IN CASE YOU FORGOT?" Nah, that's the Christmas trailer

I'm looking forward to and dreading this in equal measure.

Someone on Slyv's journal suggested a Regeneration Support Group. I heartily endorse this idea.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

I think the BBC should offer that. Or at least pay for professional help for each and everyone of us (or at least convince David to get a Twitter account)
|it's about time
Old 11-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, David getting Twitter and sharing with us all how devastated he was would help us .
Old 11-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

I am sure the Confidential will do that - the last one is actually the thing I am dreading most
|it's about time
Old 11-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There's Ten Therapy on LJ just for that but I haven't really been active on LJ for ages now so I have no idea if that's still going on.

But yeah... the last ever Confidential, I can't even think about that yet
Old 11-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

I am a member but it seems to have died
But I am fairly sure there will be more after next Sunday.

I just know they will put some really sad, cheesy song at the end with a montage of his best scenes ... and I will start to cry and not stop for a week. (and whatever song they choose it will be ruined forever). I just know it.
|it's about time
Old 11-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh, yes just like when they played that Doctor/Rose montage, and that was even a happy song, but that only seemed to make it worse, then.. I think I actually cried more over that than I did over the actual episode!
Reply   Post New Thread