Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrygraham (View Post)
Maybe she should ask her parents for the college money and attend Friday night dinners in exchange. Oh, wait...
Hahah, nice.

Excellent episode. Finding this whole Kristina thing quite annoying. I find her annoying most of the time, I just accept her because she's part of the family. However she's slightly over the top this time. But really, we all know the best part of the episode was Adam. That was an awesome touch. Peter played it well, very hilarious. Looking forward to next week's episode because it seems like it'll be more focused on Sarah's family, which it hasn't been in a while.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Denise- (View Post)
Oh and what was kind of disappointing for me was the games they were playing at Jasmine's party. Especially the 'fun topics to talk about' game. I was kind of hoping that we'd get some sort of 1.07 topics. That we would that kind of feeling back. And I know Camille was there, but still. That's kind of part of a Bachelorette party right? Ah well.
I think it was kind of the point to show that Julia is over organized and stuffy and not fun. Only she could bring up such a "fun"game. It was so Julia that it made me laugh. Im sure that if Sarah planned the party we would definetely get the pg18 cards.
I really liked Julia this eppy. I like how everybody lovingly tease her. They know that she is control freak but they all take her how she is.

What really annoyed me about this episode was the last scene. It felt soooo contrived. The writers wanted us to go "awww, bad experience, poor Kristina". If she mentioned that the first episode the drama started it would be ok. But this way I felt I was being played by the writers and I hate that. They dragged the Kristina´s annoyingness for so long that they can´t just "repair" it in last 20sec. I didn´t buy it and felt more mad that felt sorry for Kristina. I didn´t like that she didnt take an advice from anyone. She is just too stuborn. At this point I like Jasmine much more. I never wanted Crosby and her to get married but now I´m kinda rooting for them.

Stoned Adam was cute as button. Peter plays accidentally drugged so well.lol It totally reminded me of SFU. Watch Nate Fisher high here. The best part starts at 3:00. YouTube - Six Feet Under S02 E01- Nate is high

Old 02-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Extreme Fan

This episode was great!

I really hate Adams new boss, i hope he leaves soon. he is no good for that company.
It was brave of sarah to quit, i think that was the right choice. she needs to find something else.

when haddie showed up at her parents i thought for as sec, that she was comming home. but I was wrong. this situation is really a mess.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Stoned Adam is so hilarious Vibrating crotch, unleashing the fever again…

And his ‘I love you’ to Sarah was so sweet

Zeek… I’m very glad he got a taste of what Adam and Kristina go through.

Next week will be so great. And it’s more about Sarah, or revolving around her. I’m looking forward to it.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ratings Up!

Quote:
Parenthood rose 5% vs. 1/18/11 to a 2.2 rating.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...187-rise/81175
Old 02-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Ok, once again I feel pretty different to the majority! Huh!

I really liked this episode, there wasn't an element of it that I didn't enjoy. Firstly, I'm not fed up of the whole Haddie situation and I'm still intrigued by how it's going to play out.

I can't find fault or blame with any parties in this storyline - the situation sucks. I know that even now (at 25) my parents would be terrified at the thought of me being with such a newly recovering alcoholic. At sixteen - I feel that we would have been in a very similar situation to the show.

I didn't feel cheated at all by the final scene and Kristina's revelation about her own family - it's been alluded to a number of times that her own home life wasn't good and I've mentioned before that I thought she may have had an abusive father. I think that Monica is playing the part to perfection - she's so incredibly vulnerable, but covers it up with a really hostile and matter-of-fact exterior.

When I had bratty moments as a kid *cough* (I never have them now ) My mum would always say "I don't like you right now, but I still love you" - That's how I feel about Kristina and I kinda think Camille does too I actually think amongst all this that she's more of a lost soul than Haddie. I hold that character very dear

Also, I just loved Julia in this episode!!! She was like a little girl who was allowed to have her friends over and wanted everything to be perfect While her plans were undoubtedly stuffy and boring, her sentiment was so sincere and she genuinely wanted a fun girls night Her face when Adam complimented her cooking was such a delight! She clearly wanted to turf him out but her face just lit up! Ugh, she was adorable. (super cute dress in that scene too)

Zeek melted my heart a little. Especially when he was lying, singing.

Adam, of course, was hilarious - you've all covered the best parts of him. And Lauren was so sweet. I too loved seeing her just cracking up in the background, and when she ran into the kitchen after Adam shouting "This is AWESOME!"

Adam talking about the crabcakes reminded me of this summer's July 3rd party when my cousin Sam got high as a kite and proceeded to eat a whole plate of chicken wings set out for the 4th, moaning the whole time that it was "orgasmic chicken"

My other fave Adam moment was when he said that his "friends" took him here - his "brother and step-brother" and Kristina's like - "Aww, that's so sweet"

Awww - this was up there with my fave eps of the season
Old 02-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cee - I agree with you on Kristina, it was nice to finally have a reason to why she feels so strongly about this and I'm still interested in seeing why this is going.

FYI next weeks ep title is...
Spoiler:

Only thing I missed was no Drew, why couldn't he have gone with Zeek and Max on the camping trip?
Old 02-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Because Drew already had his camping trip with this grandpa...
Old 02-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
When I had bratty moments as a kid *cough* (I never have them now ) My mum would always say "I don't like you right now, but I still love you" -
Interesting, my mom would tell "go to your room and come back only after you calm down".lol

I seriously think that in the next episode Alex will tell Haddie how imature she is for moving out from her parents (and how she is lucky that she still has them) and everything will get back to normal.

Last edited by Danke; 02-02-2011 at 02:32 PM
Old 02-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copop (View Post)
Because Drew already had his camping trip with this grandpa...
Still how hard is it to have Drew there, even if it just to see Max off or something, maybe playing with Max in the opening?

I did like the Haddie isn't backing down but still went to see her parents.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

I feel like Cee - I enjoyed the whole episode and felt all the story lines were just right. The episode flew by for me.

I even liked Jasmine, lol.

The Braverman's favorite pastime is a joy each time. Actually, anytime most of them get together in one scene is a bonus. And I loved Peter's comedic timing as he portrayed a stoned Adam. It was perfect. This episode really show cased his versatile talents, imo.

Glad the ratings held up, though I can't help wonder if it was partly due to people waiting to catch John Corbett, so I hope they stick around for next week. In any case, I definitely am excited about the next episode.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 02-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree about John Corbett, it's a wonder NBC hasn't had him out promoting the show on Leno or the Today show.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

on a shellow note, I can´t stop rewatching the scene where Sarah teases Julia about the alergies. Lauren looks so beautiful there, wickedly smiling.lol

Old 02-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
on a shellow note, I can´t stop rewatching the scene where Sarah teases Julia about the alergies. Lauren looks so beautiful there, wickedly smiling.lol
And I'd love to know how much was ad libbed.
BTW, not so shallow. I have much more inane notes.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 02-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoni (View Post)
And I'd love to know how much was ad libbed.
I kinda think that the line where Sarah asks Adam if he wants the coffee cup with his name on it was ad libed by Lauren. It´s just seems so random for writers to actually write it down.lol well, anyway, my Lauren´s ad lib radar went off at that scene.lol