Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Elite Fan

Parenthood - Episode 2.14 - "A House Divided" - February 1st

Quote:
"A HOUSE DIVIDED"

02/01/2011 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Tuesday) : ADAM AND KRISTINA FORCE HADDIE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN HER FAMILY AND THE BOY SHE LOVES, WHILE SARAH MAKES A SURPRISING DECISION -- MICHAEL B. JORDAN GUEST STARS – Kristina (Monica Potter) refuses to accept Haddie’s (Sarah Ramos), relationship with Alex (guest star Michael B. Jordan, “Friday Night Lights”), causing her to move in with her grandparents. Sarah (Lauren Graham) puts her foot down at work and demands a higher salary to pay for Amber’s (Mae Whitman) tuition. Meanwhile, Max (Max Burkholder) makes a camping trip with Zeek extremely difficult. Julia (Erika Christensen) throws a bachelorette party for Jasmine (Joy Bryant) welcoming her to the Braverman tribe, while Adam (Peter Krause) gets more than he bargained for during a meeting with Crosby (Dax Shepard), shocking the entire family. Tyree Brown, Savanna Paige Rae, Miles Heizer and Sam Jaeger also star.
Source

And here's one of the promos to refresh our memory.

icon: Permanent_99
Old 02-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Loyal Fan

I know Christina gets a lot of complaints on here but I actually totally got where she was coming from this week. She seemed a bit softer, if that makes sense.

Also, I loved the scenes when Adam was high

I thought that overall this was a good episode but I'm super exited for the one next week. The previews look so good!!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Passionate Fan

I thought this was an alright episode. I really didn't have the highest of hopes for it because I knew it would be a lot of the Haddie/Kristina/Adam conflict, which I'm getting tired of. I did enjoy the side stories though and am very much looking forward to next week's episode.

I felt sad for Sarah when Cory wouldn't give her the raise, but it really didn't surprise me. As Adam said, it really wasn't the right time. It's sad that Sarah felt she had to quit her job but I totally get that she needs to use her time in a more monetarily fruitful way. Some day things will go in her favor...

I liked that Zeek got a chance to really see what Adam and Kristina are dealing with in Max. Zeek was brushing off what Adam and Kristina had to say and he paid the price.

Adam stoned was fun! And Crosby sucking away on the lollipop at the end... LOL. Crosby and Sarah are definitely my favorites of the 4 siblings.

Still don't like Kristina... I wish I did, if that counts for anything.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yes, the scenes with Adam in his "baked" state were great.

This whole Haddie story is taking up too much of the plot. Move on.org.

I'm glad that Zeek finally realizes what a challenge Max can be.

Julia certainly threw a swanky party for just the five of them. Where was Jasmine's mother?

Next week looks wonderful. Can't wait.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Forgot to mention one of my favorite moments of the episode, when Crosby and Zeek were talking about kids throwing fits and Zeek says that Crosby used to throw fits all the time and then realized it was actually Sarah. I can definitely see that! LOL
Old 02-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

I actually enjoyed this episode...except the weather warning screwing with the picture. But hey at least I didn't lose power or my reception.
I loved Adam stoned....it was hilarious...
I loved how understanding of Kristina Camille is... I wouldn't have had that
kind of patience..I would have taken her head off even though I understand
where she is coming from. She just needs to listen to what Camille says and
take a chill pill. Zeek really needed to see this side of Max.. Now I am
anxiously waiting for next weeks episode.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved the eppy....was there a new promo at the end?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really great episode, not too much of the Haddie story when it was mixed in with the parties and Sarah's story. At least we know know the reason Kristina is so against Alex and Haddie, great moments with Camille and the rest of the ladies at the bachelorette party. The contrast to the boys part was great, beer and takeout.

Cory is great, liked the talk with Sarah even if it was a little confusing, at least Sarah has a goal now and not wasting time at T&S when she can be making more money at the bar. Love 'baked' Adam, so much fun at the party with the girls and gotta love the dancing.

Like how we keep finding more out about Sarah, throwing fits as a kid and Camille trying to make Kristina feel better.

Zeek learning the hard way how it must be for is son with Max, nice how even the half baled Adam knew what to say on the phone.

Other thing, no Drew again! Like the family photo in the suit case for Haddie, subtle! Adam called Zeek when he was just a few yards away. Sarah teasing Julia about the food at the party and in again the party with the boys was so much fun! Sarah joking with Adam at work and the part. Zeek interaction with Jasmine before the party and again Adam baked!

Bring on next weeks!

Quote:
She just needs to listen to what Camille says and take a chill pill.
Maybe Cory has some more lollipops Sonia

Quote:
I loved the eppy....was there a new promo at the end?
This youtube usually posts the promos, nothing yet.

Best line of the ep, ADAM "My crotch is vibrating!"

Last edited by lancer1993; 02-01-2011 at 11:59 PM
Old 02-02-2011, 04:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Next week!
YouTube - Parenthood #2.15 Promo
Old 02-02-2011, 04:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hmmm, was an alright episode i thought...

I guess im just bored of the Haddie SL now, im ready to move on.

Kristina annoyed me, which isnt surpprising since i dont really like her character. Well done Camille though, she did well keeping her cool, i would well have lost it on her! haha

I loved the scene with Zeek and Jasmine, that was cute, and also the camping. Its good he sees how hard Adam and Kristina have it.

Julia was funny, like crazy, but funny lol

Obviously Cory wasnt going to give Sarah a raise, and if he did it would have been unrealistic. I also think its goos she left T&S, her time would definetly be spent better somewhere else.

Adam stoned is genius! I laughed so much! See when he kept running for the food, and Sarah was actually killing herself laughing in the background, i loved it!

Then, omg, when Adam said "you are like the great wandering Braverman, and i love you" it was like KRAHAM! hahahaha so sweet but then he goes "WHO WANTS PIZZA!" hahahahaha

And Bravermans dancing is NEVER a let down! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Best line of the ep, ADAM "My crotch is vibrating!"
TRUE!!!!!! LMAO

Cannot wait for next week! Looks very exciting
Old 02-02-2011, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OT - Rachel I saw your Twitter post earlier
Old 02-02-2011, 05:46 AM
Master Fan

I've to say I totally get where Christina is coming from. While I thought both Christina and Adam were way over the top how they reacted to Haddie when the whole boyfriend thing went on I think they're handling it well now. I also liked that Adam kinda changed his mind. When he went into Haddie's room I thought he would fix her door lol. They'll figure it out eventually. My mom ran away with a boy to Hungary when she was 17 and married at 18. She still gave me a lot of space growing up. But I also think she knew I wouldn't do such stuff. Guess such things jump a generation. So much looking forward to own motherhood. lol.

Aaanyway, since I obviously only post here when I liked the episode: I liked the episode. I thought it was on a nice pace with all the storyline wrapping up nicely. I've to say I would kill Julia on one of her crazy I've thought everything through and timed the fun evenings if I would ever meet her. She's totally nuts.

Peter was absolutely fantastic. He played the stoned man so well...that I think he's acting from experience lol. And dancing Peter is always fun. I demand this to be an at least once a season experience.

I also liked that Sarah gave up her job and wasn't fired. I think talking to the boss (whatever his name is) made her realize that this is not what she wanted to do so I admire her decision to moving on and find something new. Maybe she should ask her parents for the college money and attend Friday night dinners in exchange. Oh, wait...

Last edited by perrygraham; 02-02-2011 at 05:52 AM
Old 02-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrygraham (View Post)

Aaanyway, since I obviously only post here when I liked the episode: I liked the episode. I thought it was on a nice pace with all the storyline wrapping up nicely.
It's funny, Ele. You and I seem to like totally different episodes.

As for wrapping up storylines nicely last night: I really wished they had wrapped up the Alex/Haddie storyline.

And Kristina, she's so darned stubborn about that whole situation. It frustrates me because I just think she is totally wrong.

I kinda feel bad for Erika. She's barely had any storyline all season. I can't believe I'm advocating for more Julia, but I am.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Ok, so generally, good episode.

But I still don't like Kristina, and to a lesser extent Julia. I still think that more focus is placed on Adam's family than should be - I get that they are going through a difficult time, but other members of the family have had more difficult lives. Shouldn't that be explored? I just hate this feeling of 'oh, kristina has been through so much, she deserves to be a bitch' that there was at the party. I'm probably alone in that though. I get that having a child with 'problems' isn't easy to deal with, especially alongside raising a teenage daughter. But what about, for example, Amber and Drew, living with an alcoholic/drug addicted father for what must have been 10-12 years?

It's still odd to me that more about Seth hasn't come up before. Or at least the impact that he has had on Amber, Drew and even Sarah. Which means next week I think will be stellar.

And Adam baked? Oh my lord. So funny. I do find the Cory character slightly unrealistic though; he's uninhibited to a hugely controversial extent, but giving Adam the edible was HILARIOUS.

Oh, and loved the dancing scene.

MY CROTCH IS VIBRATING!!!!!!

And btw, is anyone else so excited for next week they feel like they've had one of those edibles??
Old 02-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Master Fan

I haven't posted about an episode in a while. I just get bored when typing up 'reviews'. It's kind of funny since I wanted to be a journalist in high school. So not my thing lol. And since I get bored of typing reviews I'll keep it short: I liked the episode. Most hilarious thing to me was Adam being high.

Oh and what was kind of disappointing for me was the games they were playing at Jasmine's party. Especially the 'fun topics to talk about' game. I was kind of hoping that we'd get some sort of 1.07 topics. That we would that kind of feeling back. And I know Camille was there, but still. That's kind of part of a Bachelorette party right? Ah well.

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel