Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

I've never been a horse person, but the small ones are nice!

Cee, didn't you make your little cousin stay on a horse before? I remember her deathly glare from somewhere before

I'm partying tonight! It's the introduction week of the city of my college. So all the new students are being introduced to the city, which means lots and lots of parties going on.

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 08-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Val, glad to hear you made it to NY okay. Have fun. Hope you, Claire and Cee find some really fun things to do when you are able to get together.

Claire, I am sorry if what I said came over the wrong way. I had a feeling that it might but hoped that it wouldn't. Having kids before you are ready would not be wise. It is a huge commitment and responsibility so you have to know that you are ready to take that step. There is nothing wrong in choosing not to have kids, too. Especially now a days, many women choose to wait until they are in their 40s to have kids or decide not to have them at all. Steve and I were ready at a young age, I think that it was because I did baby sit for sooooo many kids as a teen that I was so used to having them around me. At the age of 17, I watched three kids, ages 9, 6 and 4 for a full week and a half while their parents went to Europe and I loved almost every minute of it and that is when I decided that I really wanted to get married and have kids as soon as I could. I started my family when I was just 23. I will admit that there have been a few times when I wished that I could just give them back and go home so to speak, or even pull my hair out and scream, but for the greater part, it has been a really great ride with so many joyous and proud moments for me. I was mainly just trying to say that my right guy and right moment has already come, that's all. I also do have to admit that, even though I do have a great life, I am a bit (a lot) jealous of all of you who are able to travel all over the place or just go out to the movies and/or dinner or just go out and have fun when ever you want. I have had to give that up for the most part. There have been times when I wish that I was on facebook or twitter or wherever it is you put your pictures so that I can live through you but I will just have to read about your fun. Now that the kids are getting older and able to take care of themselves, I do get a chance to go out with my girlfriends every now and then. By all means enjoy life to the fullest now. If and when the time comes when you know that you are ready for the whole family thing then you will be able to enjoy that, too. Okay, I keep trying to put what I am thinking in words and it just isn't coming out the right way, so enjoy your lifes to the fullest no matter what road you choose. I will shut up now.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't think you were taken the wrong way Sarah I think everyone is ready at different times and to be honest, I think you have to make sacrifices either way - whether you have a family young or you wait a while and are an older mother. It's tough to be a woman!

I've really been missing my brother and sister today BOOO I haven't seen them for 3 months which sucks. My dad calls me all the time so I speak to him and my mum but I only really communicate with them through Facebook which isn't the same. Anyway - Ruth and Dan picspam in their honour! Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Have any of you guys ever been involved in the game "Bros Icing Bros"? It's SO dumb but we've been playing it all summer. Basically, you have to make someone accidentally come across a Smirnoff Ice and when they do, they have to get on one knee and down it on the spot otherwise they are shunned and never allowed to play the game again. Anyway, I've been got (and iced people) SO many times this summer that I carry a defence Ice in my purse so that if someone Ices me, I can present mine to them and they have to drink both. My cousin Pat knows this so he never tries to Ice me when he's here.

Anyway... he just called me just now from his work in Boston and asked me to check his social security number which is in the drawer in the office. THERE WAS A FREAKING ICE IN THERE!!!!! So I had to take it at 1:30 booooooooo. I must now plot my revenge
Old 08-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

No, Sarah, you didn't come across the wrong way! I understand what you're saying.

Oh, Cee. That's really all there is to say. I hope you get him back.

So it looks like I'm stuck in Denver for the night. This has happened every single time I've visited my parents out here (except the last time I was stuck in Phoenix overnight and not Denver, and I remember I got to chat with some of you!). At least they're putting me up in a hotel. It's frustrating, though. I just want to go home.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

Claire - aww, you are seriously "lucky" that way, huh? and yep, I remember the last year chat I hope you´ll get to go home soon.

Cee - I don´t know any of your crazy games.lol

We had some crazy storm in Prague on Sunday night and part of the town got flooded. A big hailstones were falling from the sky and 10.000 cars is ruined. How crazy is that?lol I was snuggled at home and didn´t even know it was that bad.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

Cee, that game sounds crazy. lol. I wonder how long he was planning that one. You have to come up with a really good revenge plot to get him back. Where do you guys come up with these games ? They are so funny.

I clicked onto the first pic and about died laughing. The three of you are a good looking trio, minus the blacked teeth, though. Hope you can talk to them on the phone soon. It is always a lot nicer to hear someones voice than just reading their words. I haven't actually talked to my sister in about five years. We just email each other.

Oh, Claire, that is too bad that you are stuck in Denver for the night. I hope that your flight out is an early one.

Katka, that storm sounds really bad. It sounds like you and other countries there are having a really horrible summer what with the heat and then the flooding. I hope all gets back to normal for everyone soon. It had been really hot here for a long while, but yesterday and today have been really nice. A lot cooler and there is a really nice breeze. It is suppose to be cooler for atleast the rest of the week, but they are saying that we will be getting rain Thursday and Friday. I'll take the rain over the heat any day just as long as it isn't as bad as what you have been getting. It is so nice to be able to turn off the AC and have the house all opened up again.

Last edited by SarahJ5941; 08-17-2010 at 02:46 PM
Old 08-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
Jen - when I saw the mini horse my first thought was that you should name her Strawberry like Lauren´s imaginary horse friend.lol The horse is cute.
Awe, Strawberry would be a supercute name! And I LOVE that Lauren had an imaginary horse friend cuz I did too as a child! I can't quite recall the name, it began w/ a "C"...maybe Carmen or Candy or Casey? lol. I think it's crazy that her Dad was allergic to horses but was touched to hear he still supported & watched her!

Thanks everyone for the compliments on our new little baby. I just got off the phone a while ago w/ my mother & she wants to train her to jump & pull a cart! Seems a bit silly to me being so little and all, but it'll be fun to pamper her. Can't WAIT to see her in person!

Caitlin - 60?! Oh hush! I'm of the view that it'll happen when & if it happens. I'm not going to get too down & depressed if I don't have kids, I just wish my mother & a couple of my friends wouldn't pressure me so much. Sometimes it feels as if I'm less of a woman or something cuz I don't have them. Children ARE a beautiful thing but they're not for everyone. One of my good friends has 2 little girls w/ whom I love & cherish to death! They even call me "Aunt Jen" even though I'm of no relation, so if that's as close as I come then so be it. I'll be happy!

Denise - Have fun painting the town! Wish I were there with you!

Sarah - Love what you had to say about motherhood, you didn't come across the wrong way at all. Every choice we make in life comes with its advantages & disadvantages. And I agree that we should all live life to the fullest! Otherwise, what's the point?

Cee - Hah! Haven't heard of that game. Sounds kinda crazy but fun!

CohenGal - Hang in there! Sorry to hear about your dilemna, but at least they put you up in a hotel!

Katka - Oh my! Hailstorms are the WORST! Eek, we had one a few years back & it completely demolished an area of town I live in! Thank goodness I was at work across town & missed the madness! Glad to hear you remained unscathed.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:26 AM
Master Fan

Hi guys!
Cee, what kind of games do you play? Like Katka, I've never heard of most of your games. It sounds fun though! I hope you get back to your cousin.

Claire, that sucks!! I hope you get back to NY soon. Keep us posted.

My night yesterday was great. Crazy, but great! Let me just say, it ended up with me in the nettles And now my legs are burning/itching. But at least we had fun.

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 08-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Master Fan

Wow, Katka, that storm sounds crazy. Stay safe!

Nettles, Denise?! Uh-oh! I'm glad you had fun, though!

I got home early this morning. And guess what? I got kittens! I've been planning it for a long time, and now they're actually here. And they're adorable. Pictures to come soon!
Old 08-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

Claire, glad to hear you made it home early.

Awww, kittens. How many did you get? I love kittens. I want to get a couple, too, but there is a discussion going on as to if we get a puppy or kittens. We had a cat for about 10 years and she just recently died. I like dogs, but I like cats a lot more. They are so needy and they are more cuddley. Well, enjoy them. Can't wait to see a pic of them.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
And guess what? I got kittens! I've been planning it for a long time, and now they're actually here. And they're adorable. Pictures to come soon!
Like real kittens? and more than one? wow.lol
good to hear you are back home.

Matthew Perry will present at Emmys now we need Lauren and Peter.lol

Old 08-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Woop Claire! I remember you were looking at some kitties when we were at Broadway Barks last year! So good that you got some! What are their names?

Denise, nettles are the bane of my existence on nights out in my mum and dad's town!!! There are SO many on the walk home from the town centre that I always end up with stingy ankles! I hope they are better now

The icing game is goodtimes - I guess it's nationwide though, not just us there are some funny vids of it on YT.

I'm just getting ready to go see Grey Gardens at the playhouse, can't wait!

Woop for Matty presenting! I'd like to see a pic of Lauren and him together (obv I'd prefer to see her with Peter but it would be nice if they let the old chums present together! )
Old 08-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad that Matty's presenting.

Ooh, Cee, have fun at Grey Gardens! I love that show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
Like real kittens? and more than one? wow.lol
good to hear you are back home.
Haha, yep, real kittens. They like you to adopt two at a time so they can play with each other when you're not home and they don't get lonely. They're sooo adorable. And ridiculously energetic and playful! Cee, I hope you're not allergic! They're both boys and their names are Casey and Jasper.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
Cee, I hope you're not allergic! They're both boys and their names are Casey and Jasper.
Awwwww! They're SO cute! I wasn't keen on cats until this summer but there are two cats and a dog in this house and I prefer the cats cause the dog is super grouchy Can't wait to meet them! I'm so psyched for kitten fun!

Have you and Val met yet btw?
Old 08-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

They're a lot of fun.
Nope, I haven't met Val yet. I'm not sure when I will, but I'm excited to meet her!