Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Master Fan

I can't understand anyone who wants to learn German lol. I wouldn't like to do that. And French is a pain in the ass. Generally I think Germans tend to learn too many languages in school, I mean I had three and I think the normal brain isn't capable of learning more than two languages proberly at the same time. I forgot every language except for english lol.

And I think I read in one article last week that Parenthood will air on British network soon. I forgot the channel though. Or maybe I imagine it. I haven't had a free day for the past 10 days.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claireem86 (View Post)
I just had pantsless snacks with my aunt and uncle

ETA - Caitlin, I forgot to say. I had tweeted something to Erika a couple days ago when she'd said something about Parenthood airing in different countries or something (I can't remember the context) but I said I was bummed that it wasn't showing in the UK and she tweeted back saying that it would be!!!! I don't know when and digital spy still knows nothing but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Can't wait!
Pantsless snacks And yay, excellent! We'll have to hold Erika to that, lol. Thanks for that too Ele, it sounds promising

Thank you Kathrin, yes I have heard that before about German. I did study it for a few weeks when I was about thirteen and I did find it pretty hard but I think I'd find it easier now just because I have more patience. We'll see, I can't afford any lessons at the moment anyway so it'll have to wait a bit.

"...we're flavoured coffee brewing losers"
Old 08-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrygraham (View Post)

And I think I read in one article last week that Parenthood will air on British network soon. I forgot the channel though. Or maybe I imagine it. I haven't had a free day for the past 10 days.
Really?! people keep saying this but I'm searching and asking all the time and I can't find anything! It makes me feel even dumber than usual!

I'm mad that this house doesn't have an outdoor shower, the sun has just come out and I'd love to go outside to get ready for work but they haven't built one at this new house yet

I might go over to my cousins so I can shower outside there

And yeah - pantsless oatmeal raisin cookies Awesome!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
And French is a pain in the ass.
Psssh French is easy. I'm totally fluent in french

And Katka, Ele and Denise speak english very well, I can attest that
Old 08-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I can't understand anyone who wants to learn German lol. I wouldn't like to do that. And French is a pain in the ass. Generally I think Germans tend to learn too many languages in school, I mean I had three and I think the normal brain isn't capable of learning more than two languages proberly at the same time. I forgot every language except for english lol.
I hear ya! Besides Dutch I had to learn English, German and French. I dropped German as soon as I could and had 4 years of French class (from which I don't remember a thing!). The only thing that's left in my brain is English. Which is enough lol.

I can speak English of course, just not as fluently as when I write it lol. When someone starts talking English to me out of the blue, I always have to switch to my English thinking brain. I always need a bit of start up time before I can really speak English to someone. If that makes sense?

I hope Parenthood will air in Holland soon! I googled it a few days ago, but couldn't find anything about it yet.

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 08-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Languages kick my butt! I would LOVE to speak one fluently (English still manages to be a challenge ). I took 7 years of French both in grade school & college & I can't speak a lick of it! I mean, I can read it pretty well & really enjoyed this French Lit course I took @ university but you start spouting off French to me & I clam up, break into hives & sweat profusely!

Oh...for the fellow equine lovers on here, my mother just bought a mini! We have an older mare who is injured & losing her pasture mate so we got this little one to keep her company:

Her name is Laney (formal - Memory Lane) & she is just TOO cute!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Her name is Laney (formal - Memory Lane) & she is just TOO cute!
My goodness! She's adorable! I'd love to have horses, I posted this here before but it still cracks me up so I'm doing it again but I took my little cousins horse riding for their birthday (twins) and one of them hated it at glared at me every time she went by - I was laughing SOOOO hard! Can't stop laughing at this pic!! My baby cousin HATING me ca... on Twitpic

I finally got to meet my cousin's new baby today and she was adorable! It makes me want to have a baby SO badly but I know that I'm not ready yet so I have to wait *pout*

ETA - I just realised it's the new season of Weeds premiere tonight! Woooooop! Love that show! Also to those who haven't already heard me rant about how good The Big C is, it officially started tonight too ad it's really great, Laura Linney is a gem

Last edited by Claireem86; 08-16-2010 at 08:37 PM
Old 08-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

OMG! That story/pic is HYSTERICAL!!! Poor thing! (& I mean the horse ) What a cute little bday party!

And how wonderful Cee! My mother has given up on me and I'm only 32!!! She keeps telling me how many potential birth defects I can have being pregnant in my 30s. Mind you I haven't even found a man yet so first things first.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

Aww, Cee, that's exciting that you got to meet your cousin's new baby! They're adorable when you know you don't have to take care of them all the time. Talula, 32 definitely isn't too old! And your new horse is gorgeous.

I was never good at languages. I took French for 6 years but now I don't think I can even hold a conversation. I admire anyone who can master more than one language.

Colorado pics at my blog.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Valentine, that is so funny, totally fluent in French. lol I have been speaking English all my life, of course, and sometimes I wonder if I can actually say that I am fluent in English. ugh!!

I took three years of Spanish in high school and don't remember much of it. My sister was taking it in College the same time I was and we would speek and write it to each other all of the time, but very little stuck. A couple of years ago at Halloween, a couple of high school kids came to our house and when I answered the door they said something in spanish and I answered them in spanish and they just froze not beliving that I understood them. Actually, I did too. They then asked if I knew how to say Trick or Treat in spanish but I didn't. We had a good laugh about it. I wish I could remember what we had said.

My mother is German, but never spoke the language. I tried it in high school before taking spanish and lasted all of about two weeks and switched to spanish. It was so hard.

Jen, the little horse is so cute. I always wanted a horse. We have friends who have a stable with about a dozen horses, only three are theirs, plus they have two tiny, long coat horses, too. They say they are like pets for the other horses. It is so funny watching them interact.

Cee, that is so funny. I remember when you posted that they first time, during my lurking days, I think it was. I laughed so hard. The look on your cousins face is priceless.

ETA: Claire, it really is a lot of work having to take care of little ones 24/7, but it is such a joy. I used to baby sit a lot when I was a teenager and even though I really loved most of the kids I sat for, I always thought that it was really nice that I didn't have to be with them all of the time. Once I started having my own, though, I can't imagine ever being without them. Even with them getting older and their problems getting bigger. It was so nice when they were still little and did whatever they were told to do, well, most of the time. I miss the baby stage when they would just snuggle up to me and their cute baby laughs and eye of wonder when I was talking to them. Oh crap. I want another now. Yeah, like that is going to happen now. They are a joy and a lot of fun to have around even if they do take up a lot of time. I hope that everyone who would like to have a family will have one of their own when they are ready.

Last edited by SarahJ5941; 08-16-2010 at 10:01 PM
Old 08-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Elite Fan

Hey girls.

NYC=
icon: Permanent_99
Old 08-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ5941 (View Post)
ETA: Claire, it really is a lot of work having to take care of little ones 24/7, but it is such a joy. I used to baby sit a lot when I was a teenager and even though I really loved most of the kids I sat for, I always thought that it was really nice that I didn't have to be with them all of the time. Once I started having my own, though, I can't imagine ever being without them. Even with them getting older and their problems getting bigger. It was so nice when they were still little and did whatever they were told to do, well, most of the time. I miss the baby stage when they would just snuggle up to me and their cute baby laughs and eye of wonder when I was talking to them. Oh crap. I want another now. Yeah, like that is going to happen now. They are a joy and a lot of fun to have around even if they do take up a lot of time. I hope that everyone who would like to have a family will have one of their own when they are ready.
Oh, I know, I didn't mean to imply that it's not fun/worthwhile to have kids! I'm sure it's an incredible joy and I'll have them someday. (Just not now.)

I'm glad you made it there safely, Val! I'll be back tomorrow!!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

Jen - when I saw the mini horse my first thought was that you should name her Strawberry like Lauren´s imaginary horse friend.lol The horse is cute.

I don´t know if I want kids, maybe when I find the right guy, but I won´t be devastated if not. I think I´m too selfish for that, I just like my own life.lol I definitely want to have dogs though.lol

Waves to NY

Old 08-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Val

Jen - such a mini horse
Old 08-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Jen, that horse is beautiful! She's like a statue!

It can be really rewarding to look after children. I babysit a little boy who is 4 a lot and he's amazing. It is quite nice to be able to give them back at the end of the day though I must admit lol. My friend has two boys under the age of 5 and I don't think she ever sits down with a minute to herself, but I know she'd never change it for the world.

I'd love to have children one day but I know what you mean Katka. I know so many people my age who have had babies and are getting married and I'm still only 24, it makes me feel like I should be doing it too in a way even though there are so many other things I want to do before that. But it won't be happening until I find the right man anyway which at this rate won't be until I'm like 60!

Val, yay for NY! What a great place!

"...we're flavoured coffee brewing losers"