Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-15-2018, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

Off-Topic Thread #224: Summer is over, back to the real world

Previous thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
Thanks. It was a nice way to ease into the school year.

Anyone have any fun plans coming up?

Catching up on life from my last trip and a busy work week, which included a trip to another office that involved more travel. Work will be busy with some projects coming up, but I guess it's better than being slow and bored!

I have a couple of concerts in October, and then again in December, and also seeing In The Heights in December.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:26 PM
Loyal Fan

It's my sisters wedding week. So things are crazy here. I hope everyone is doing well
Old 09-16-2018, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

Hope the wedding goes well! Exciting!
Old 09-19-2018, 03:41 AM
Elite Fan

Hi girls!
We're trying to come up with a nice trip idea for the end of October. Last year we went to Malta for the week and it was great. We're also not sure whether to bring Waffle (our golden retriever) or not, and that obviously would modify things a lot.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 09-19-2018, 11:53 PM
Master Fan

Croatia? Portugal? Japan? Argentina?

Depends on how far you want to travel.

Seems like you would want somewhere warm for October. But I might also suggest Scotland or Ireland.
Old 09-29-2018, 02:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey everyone, I hope you all have a great weekend. My sister's wedding was wonderful and she looked amazing. Their Honeymoon is only 1 week away and so is the move in my new apartment. I couldn't be more excited!
Old 09-29-2018, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

Good luck on your move! I hate moving, so stressful. I wish you lots of luck that everything goes smoothly.

I finally have a weekend where I'm not working. I got my hair cut today and now I'm watching some soccer. Then I'll go grocery shopping and do some cleaning around the house. Very exciting stuff over here!
Old 09-29-2018, 08:59 PM
Master Fan

Kathi, I hope the move goes well!

Christine, enjoy your weekend! Sometimes it's nice to just be able to get stuff done.

I need one of those weekends; last weekend I had friends staying with me so I had no time to get anything done, and this weekend is super packed. Today I spent most of the day at the zoo because I'm on their teacher advisory council and we had a meeting, then I went straight to The National's music festival (which was a lot of fun). Tomorrow I'm going to the Broadway Flea Market in the morning, ushering at a show in the afternoon, and going back to The National's music festival for night 2 in the evening. Next weekend I'm working at New York Comic Con, so that'll be another nonstop weekend. I really need to find time to do laundry and cook and clean, because none of that has happened in the past couple weeks, and I don't see any time to get any of it done in the near future!
Old 09-29-2018, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

All those things sound fun Claire, but also super busy! I hope you get time to relax a little, or at least do your laundry.

Enjoy The National again. What show are you ushering? Something good I hope. And enjoy NYCC. I'm looking forward to coverage of Outlander.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the luck. I will need it. Traveling sounds great. I could do that all the time. Have fun wherever you go!
Old 10-01-2018, 02:40 AM
Elite Fan

Claire, that sounds so great though!! But I do know what you mean with that. I work every other weekend, so when we have a lot planned for the weekends when I'm free I do miss having a little bit of time to do things around the house and just chill. Thankfully Jay is great around the house, so we split chores evenly.
Did you get anything good at the Flea Market? I loved going last year.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 10-02-2018, 12:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
We're trying to come up with a nice trip idea for the end of October.
Since your husband has a czech surname I think you should finally visit it

Claire - being on a ZOO council sounds awesome.lol

We just had a long weekend and we spent it in the mountains with my friends. It was lovely. And in two weeks Im taking my mom and cousin to Cracow for a girl weekend for my mom´s birthday. Something to look forward to.

Kathi - Hope your moving will be smooth.

Old 10-09-2018, 03:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey girls, do you wanna laugh? Actually it's not funny but I had to laugh. Well as you know I got my Keys yesterday for my new Place and when I entered the Appartement I was shocjed.. I had no wallpaper on the Walls. I called the Company and said. I'm sorry but it seems like that you forgot something to do. And they asked what? So I said. Didn't we agree that you finish all Rooms? With Wallpaper? Not only my Bathroom? And they were like oh yeah we thought you meant we should finish the bathroom only. Because we were there to make the Bathroom. And you had no one to make the Walls. You asked us if We could do the walls too. We figured you meant only the Bathroom. I was like.. Um why should I ask you to make only the walls in my Bathroom? And they said. Because were hired to make the Bathroom. To make the Floor the Toilet and the Shower. The building manager told us to make only the Bathroom.. Well then I started to laugh. I guess you you know what kind of day I had...
Old 10-09-2018, 07:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

Glad they at least finished the bathroom but terrible that they didn't do the rest of the rooms. Are they going to come back to do them? Enjoy moving in anyway. I hope there won't be any more surprises at least bad ones. Enjoy your new home.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Sorry, Kathi! I hope all the walls can get done soon! Are you still able to move into the apartment?

Katka, enjoy Cracow! Sounds like a fun girls trip.

Val, I mostly just got little things at the flea market.

Comic Con was great, though I'm still recovering!