Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You do that, it's a great article.

Mine too, those are the words of truth. And yeah, Dylan should read it. Or maybe that's just what he's afraid of, people will see Hayden's hotter than the original.

So, FG's premiere is today (or for me: was yesterday ). Jen of DH.net has travelled to LA to see it so I guess we can expect some stuff soon. Also, apparently Entertainment Tonight will devote a segment about the limited release of Factory Girl on their show tonight and a video of that will be up at DH.net ASAP.

Here are some reviews of the film:

Quote:
Factory Girl

Bottom Line: More successful as a slice of pop-culture history than as a biopic, despite two powerful leads.
By Sheri Linden

Dec 29, 2006

The story of New York it girl, fashion icon and Andy Warhol muse Edie Sedgwick (1943-71) has taken on the proportions of a cult myth, as do most true tales of brief, intense lives. Focusing on the year or so in the mid-1960s when she burned brightest and crashed most dramatically, "Factory Girl" boasts its own bright intensity, fueled in large part by leads Sienna Miller and Guy Pearce. Director George Hickenlooper captures the energy and ultra-irony of Warhol's scene, but his attempts to give the film a conventional biopic arc end up wallowing in dime-store psychology. The central performances will generate strong word-of-mouth for the picture, which enters limited release today.

Some of the changes might have to do with Bob Dylan's objections to the original script and threatened legal action. He apparently was concerned that the film would draw a cause-and-effect line between the end of his relationship with Sedgwick and her suicide. (Sedgwick has long been viewed as a key inspiration to "Blonde on Blonde"-era Dylan, but whether they did indeed have a love affair appears less likely.) Coyly unnamed in the film, the famous, scruffy musician who temporarily draws Edie out of the Warhol orbit is clearly based on Dylan. If anything, though, the character, played by a charismatic Hayden Christensen, comes across as the sole voice of reason in Sedgwick's increasingly out-of-control life.

Read all and source
Aww, they called him charismatic.

Quote:
Factory Girl
By ROBERT KOEHLER

The wild, unhinged life of Andy Warhol's favorite "superstar," Edie Sedgwick, is refashioned in "Factory Girl" as a tame biopic with little feel for the 1960s New York Underground. Though Sedgwick embodied everything that glittered and grated about the era's counterculture, director George Hickenlooper evinces no deep interest in the time and place, resulting in a film that feels removed from its source. With last-minute reshoots and editing, the pic feels rushed, and it will have a hard time registering with target auds until impending vid release.

Coming between the two is a singer-songwriter (Hayden Christensen) identified in credits as "Musician," who seduces Edie with devil-may-care charm. With his rebellious political profile, puffed-up hair and nasally voice, the character certainly evokes Bob Dylan, with whom Edie never had a documented affair. (Dylan had threatened to sue the filmmakers over the depiction.)

Read all & source
So, it looks like with all the last minute editing and reshoots the film feels rushed, too bad. And Hayden's credited as "Musician"? Talk about cautious.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank for all the news Laura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
Mine too, those are the words of truth. And yeah, Dylan should read it. Or maybe that's just what he's afraid of, people will see Hayden's hotter than the original.
There this movie coming out with Adam Sandler and he looks EXACTLY like Bob Dylan. Bob should look into that instead
Quote:

Aww, they called him charismatic.
Aww I love that
Sounds like Hayden is getting more good review than bad and they seem to be saying he's painted in a good light in the film "the solevoice of reason" in her life
Old 12-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
Thank for all the news Laura

There this movie coming out with Adam Sandler and he looks EXACTLY like Bob Dylan. Bob should look into that instead

Aww I love that
Sounds like Hayden is getting more good review than bad and they seem to be saying he's painted in a good light in the film "the solevoice of reason" in her life
You're welcome.

Adam Sandler? Is it a movie about Dylan too? Cos there's another one with Cate Blanchett etc.

I know, isn't that great? So nice to FINALLY read positive reviews. Maybe they now understand that he CAN act if he isn't forced to deliver the most ridiculous dialogue ever.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Reign Over Me (2007)
is the Adam Sandler movie. He plays Charlie Fineman.

Plot Outline: A man (Sandler) who lost his family in the September 11 attack on New York City runs into his old college roommate (Cheadle). Rekindling the friendship is the one thing that appears able to help the man recover from his grief.

this page has a good pic of him looking like Dylan
Reign Over Me Photos

anyway back to FG:
Yes now people will know that he can act.
Finally
Old 12-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Reign Over Me (2007)
is the Adam Sandler movie. He plays Charlie Fineman.

Plot Outline: A man (Sandler) who lost his family in the September 11 attack on New York City runs into his old college roommate (Cheadle). Rekindling the friendship is the one thing that appears able to help the man recover from his grief.

this page has a good pic of him looking like Dylan
Reign Over Me Photos
Oh, he does look like Dylan! I don't know who should be worried. And good thing it isn't another movie about Dylan, I think there's too many already.

Quote:
anyway back to FG:
Yes now people will know that he can act.
Finally
I'm so glad about that. This is just what he (and we ) needed. Something else to remember him from. I love SW but I hate when people always associate him with it and think he's wooden or talentless. Now they will be proven wrong and there's even more to come.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

really? how many Dylan movies are there?

@ "who should be worried"

I know. I can't wai for the upcoming projects.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, this one (I know, it isn't really about Dylan but anyway...) and the other one with Blanchett and co. To me, that's too many. Sorry, not a fan of Dylan's.

Me neither, this is so exciting!
Old 12-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh

My parents, esp my dad likes Dylan's music.

He's their generation anyway.

I used to have a crush on his son Jacob fro the Wallflowers.
He has such pretty blue eyes.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I didn't have an opinion about him before this FG incident though I didn't like his music that much. But now I'm annoyed by him. No, seriously, I couldn't care less.

I know his son Jacob but I never found him attractive.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am neither here nor there with Dylan
I just want him to be quiet so I can see this moive already.

I like when guys have the bright blue eyes and the dark hair/lashes/eyebrows to contrast them.
Like on Ian Solmerhalder He has that same sexy eye/hair thing going on too.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, that's pretty much how I feel, I just want him to shut up.

Yeah, that is attractive. But don't get me started on IS. Something about his eyes/eyebrows combo totally freaks me out.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok -x nay on the IS-ay

I can't wait for that ET clip
I hope she also puts it up on youtube
Old 12-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Huh?

Me neither, it'll be interesting to see. Though I don't think she has an account anymore.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess that's an American thing
Nevermind.

what? Why?
does that mean all the videos on her account are gone
Old 12-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ok.

I don't know. But I had to change the trailer links in this thread and VT thread cos they didn't work anymore. I suppose that's the case with the other videos too.