Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Supreme Fan

wow..all that news..thankz
Old 12-24-2006, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
Did the google tell you the dates for ballots?

I highly doubt enough people will see it for it to even get a nod.
Why only one? Why not the major cities? Won't it be the same version released wide anyhow?
Yes, here's the general timetable:

Quote:
* Friday, December 1, 2006: Official Screen Credits Forms Due.

* Tuesday, December 26, 2006: Nominations ballots mailed.

* Saturday, January 13, 2007: Nominations polls close 5 p.m. PST.

* Tuesday, January 23, 2007: Nominations announced 5:30 a.m. PST, Samuel Goldwyn Theater

* Wednesday, January 31, 2007: Final ballots mailed.

* Monday, February 5, 2007: Nominees Luncheon

* Saturday, February 10, 2007: Scientific and Technical Awards Dinner

* Tuesday, February 20, 2007: Final polls close 5 p.m. PST.

* Sunday, February 25, 2007: 79th Annual Academy Awards Presentation
I don't understand how FG's supposed to make it since it comes out after the date the ballots are due.

And I doubt that too. It'll be like a handful of people that are gonna see it cos right now it looks like it'll go wide only in February. I've been wondering the same thing, why such a limited release? One theater sounds ridiculous. If the movie is ready, why not release it worldwide now? If it's not ready for a worldwide release, I doubt it's good enough to get an Oscar nod.

What a mess.

You're welcome, Marissa.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

no wait if I am reading this right the ballods are sent out on Dec 26th.
-the movie comes out (in one theater) on the 29th.
-members have till Saturday, January 13, 2007: Nominations polls close 5 p.m. PST.
to send in their nomination requests

-then those are probably tallied and on Tuesday, January 23, 2007: Nominations announced 5:30 a.m

then the voting begins again for winners.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh! Yeah, I think you're right. I misinterpreted it for some reason.

Well, it makes much more sense now. Maybe FG will have a shot after all.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's ok It's a long list.

We can only hope
Old 12-27-2006, 01:30 AM
Total Fan

FG getting an Oscar nom

Sorry but I really don't think so. But then again these idiots are so biased to anyone doing a biopic type movie.

So any and every actor in Hollywood is looking up what real life dead person they can play so they can get an Oscar nom and based on history get a win

That pisses me off that only people playing real people win lately. Reese did a good job but to win please...not the best performance.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Elite Fan

Well as far as FG getting an Oscar, I'd say will just have to wait and see Stranger things have happened with the Oscars, I won't get into details on that

I think Reese deserved her Oscar,she was amazing....but then again I am a fan...
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 12-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok I may be bias b/c I love Reese to pieces but I think she totally deserved the win. I clapped and cheered when they said her name.
I loved her as June Carter and watch Walk the Line everytime it is on cable.

as for FG I think it is a long shot unless Weinstien gets some butts in that one theater and does some campaining for it.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

FG and Oscar? It's sad but I don't thinks o...

E&BA&PM&LR&MW&E
Old 12-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yea I am not holding my breath.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They're mainly aiming at Sienna getting an Oscar nod. But I think the biggest problem is that the movie is being released too late and won't have enough time to gain popularity and enough viewers.

Some news about it:

Quote:
Factory Girl's Oscar Run Bypasses New York

Posted Dec 27th 2006 6:03PM by Ryan Stewart

The long-awaited Edie Sedgwick biopic Factory Girl, which was reportedly still shooting two weeks ago, is now set for release on December 29 -- in Los Angeles only! Weinstein publicity confirmed to Cinematical last night that the film will indeed bypass a New York run in 2006, confining its Oscar qualifying release to Los Angeles. It will not open in New York City until late January -- this, despite the fact that the famous 'factory' in question was located on East 47th Street, not Wilshire Boulevard. According to a report in the Times, Harvey Weinstein is adamant that Sienna Miller get an Oscar nod for her performance, and is behind the rushed release. When Factory Girl does finally land in theaters, it will put to rest a long and torturous shoot, which began in February and was plagued by re-shoots, budget constraints and a lawsuit threat from Bob Dylan.

Dylan believes -- not unreasonably, perhaps -- that the harmonica-chewing hipster icon character played by Hayden Christensen bears a striking resemblance to him, even possessing his recognizable drawl. Assessments of the 'finished' film will begin rolling in soon enough, if indeed it is finished. For his part, director George Hickenlooper confessed to the Times that he'd like "another three months to edit."

Source
Quote:
Factory Girl

Before Paris Hilton, there was Edie Sedgwick, the original “celebutante” who briefly took the world of ’60s pop culture by storm after Andy Warhol decided she had a certain kind of something. If not for her association with Warhol (and her later relationship with Bob Dylan), there wouldn’t really be any reason to pay attention to this marginally talented heiress, whose short life went into a precipitous downward spiral once Warhol and Dylan were through with her. But, like Valerie Solanas, whose exploits were dramatized in 1996’s I Shot Andy Warhol, she received her 15 minutes of fame courtesy of the man who coined the concept.

The versatile and eclectic George Hickenlooper – whose filmography includes everything from the original short film Some Folks Call It a Sling Blade to the documentary Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker’s Apocalypse – does an excellent job of recreating the period and capturing the feel of Warhol’s freaky “factory,” but the film’s raison d’être is Sienna Miller’s brilliant lead performance, a turn which could have captured some year-end awards attention if the picture had been completed on time and better promoted to press organizations. Almost as indelible is Guy Pearce’s Warhol, a complex, selfish, and frequently childlike artist far different from the shallow freak depicted in previous efforts.

This is by no means a great film: the use of documentary interview segments �* la Reds never really gels; the story often meanders aimlessly; and Hayden Christensen, as Billy Quinn, the thinly veiled Bob Dylan character, is just downright weird. But Miller is undaunted, strutting confidently through the gaudiness as though she hadn’t a care in the world. It’s precisely how Sedgwick would have played the part – except Miller has talent. (Wade Major) (Landmark’s Westside Pavilion)

Source
Quote:
Sienna Miller: A Movie Star Is Born

Thursday, December 28, 2006

By Roger Friedman

There’s about to be a lot of fighting over "Factory Girl," the most troubled movie of 2006.

But it’s getting a one-week Academy Awards-qualifying run, starting tomorrow in Los Angeles. If you’re out there, you shouldn’t miss it.

Sienna Miller and Guy Pearce give truly great performances, and the movie — at least the version that’s going to play now — works.

It’s unlikely, for example, that Edie had an affair with Bob Dylan. In the movie, Hayden Christensen, whom I’ve accused of being wooden in the past, does a great job playing a Dylanesque character named Billy Quinn. Dylan didn’t want his name used, but it’s him, right down to the harmonica. Dylan should be flattered. He comes across as hot stuff and never looked better.

Source
^ I recommend reading the whole article, it's very interesting. And shows how two people can have totally different opinions on something, and in this case I mean on Hayden's performance.

And they're selling tickets here and here you can see the showtimes. So the theatre is called Landmark Westside Pavilion Cinemas and the run time of the movie is 1 hr. 27 min. Good to know.

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 12-29-2006 at 01:47 AM
Old 12-28-2006, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

which article do you recommend?

I love this part; The writer took back a past comment
Quote:
In the movie, Hayden Christensen, whom I’ve accused of being wooden in the past, does a great job playing a Dylanesque character named Billy Quinn. Dylan didn’t want his name used, but it’s him, right down to the harmonica. Dylan should be flattered. He comes across as hot stuff and never looked better.

good to know the info but too bad it's not on my coast
Old 12-29-2006, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, the article you quoted, sorry I wasn't being clear enough. I loved that part too, glad he's finally getting some recognition.

Aww, I know. Too bad it's nowhere near my country.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
He comes across as hot stuff and never looked better.
truth^^

E&BA&PM&LR&MW&E
Old 12-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok I'll read that one when I have some time

but that part is def my favorite.
Very nice complement
I hope Dylan reads it.