Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok first off
Why the new scenes and reshoots? They are cutting it to close for Oscar conisderation. (too late for the GGs, those nods cam out today)

second, Hayden is not a WASP

3rd, Feburary in NY
YOu bastards!

Now Dylan has a problem. and he's isn't the only folk singer around either, get over it.

I have a very bad feeling about this.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:58 AM
Master Fan

3rd, Feburary ? yhhh....

E&BA&PM&LR&MW&E
Old 12-15-2006, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

All that info made it into this weeks Entertainment Weekly.

This is just sad
How can so many problems happen to a movie
Old 12-17-2006, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

yeah....it's sad... one day before my Birthday^^

E&BA&PM&LR&MW&E
Old 12-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

your birthday is Feb. 4th?
Old 12-18-2006, 03:15 AM
Master Fan

yep

E&BA&PM&LR&MW&E
Old 12-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I thought it was common information that Hayden's character is based on Dylan and now everyone's acting all surprised about it. So what if it's based on Dylan, he's afraid that the movie suggests that he was responsible of Edie's suicide. But every comment I've read from people who have seen the movie in advance say that it doesn't do that, it doesn't implicate that Edie's death was Dylan's fault. On the contrary:

Quote:
Bob Dylan is reportedly concerned that George Hickenlooper's Factory Girl suggests that he was responsible for Edie Sedgwick's suicide, which, as far as the film is concerned, is horse****. (That is, if the version that the Weinstein Co. is opening in early February bears any relation to the cut I saw last August.) The legendary singer-songwriter has told attorneys to go after producers Bob Yari and Holly Wiersma in order to ensure that he has a chance to see the film and assess the content before it's shown any further.

Dylan's lawyer Orin Snyder is demanding that the film's theatrical release plans be halted and even for critics screening to cease "until [Snyder] and Dylan can see it to determine if Dylan, who they say has 'deep concerns,' has been defamed," according to a 12.14 "Page Six" item.

HE to Dylan: You're worrying about next to nothing. In the version of Factory Girl I saw, the "Danny Quinn" character (Hayden Christensen) is obviously you through and through -- same hair, same speech patterns, a brown suede (or leather) jacket that strongly resembles the one you wore on the cover of Blonde on Blonde...the whole shot. And yes, Quinn has an affair or close alliance of some kind with Edie Sedgwick (Sienna Miller). And yes, when he disappears out of her life she gets upset and starts to fall apart. But she's mostly frazzled because Andy Warhol (Guy Pearce) has thrown her over for Nico, i.e., the model and Velvet Underground singer.

Here's the thing: before "Danny" bids farewell, he warns Sedgwick that she's being used by Warhol and that he's not a friend, and that she should get back to her love of sculpture and invest in herself rather than just hang with Warhol's Factory crowd, whom he regards as a band of cutthroat scenesters and poseurs. In short, you come off as a fairly compassionate and tender friend of Sedg- wick's, and hardly the cause of her suicide, which happened a good four or five years after the mid '60s New York period depicted in the film.

Source
Plus Edie didn't even actually commit suicide, it was an accident.

So I don't know what's going on, who tries to get publicity and for what. Dylan has a new album out, not that I had heard of it before but I was at a store last weekend and just happened to notice it due to this thing. Some even suggest that the Weinsteins are behind this.

There's also been some speculation that Dylan tries to prevent FG being released cos he has another film of him in the making. Or like someone suggested: "Wow, that guy who played Dylan was WAAAAAY better looking than the real thing".

Steph, I don't know why they're doing reshoots so late. I read somewhere that after they were finished with the original shooting, they realized they need more stuff. I can go find the article for more info.

And you are so right about the WASP thing, I don't know why anyone would even think that. I have to quote one comment on ONTD:

Quote:
so a half Italian Canadian kid with a danish last name is considered a WASP now?? OIC...
Exactly.

And yep, all this made it to EW, here's the article (from DH.net):

And one more thing:

Quote:
'Factory Girl' enters BAFTA race
'Anger' delays release due to awards logjam

By ADAM DAWTREY

LONDON — "Factory Girl" has secured the U.K. distribution deal necessary to enter the race for this year's British Academy Film Awards, but "The Upside of Anger" has dropped out of the running.

The Weinstein Co. has sealed a last-minute pact for Paramount to release "Factory Girl" in Blighty on Feb. 9, the last date to qualify for the 2006 BAFTAs.

Under new rules, pics must be released before the Feb. 11 kudos ceremony.

The Weinstein Co. is so optimistic about the chances of the pic's British star, Sienna Miller, that it took the unusual step of guaranteeing a release to BAFTA officials two weeks ago, before it secured a U.K. distribution deal.

In the end, TWC put the movie through its eight-film deal with Par's U.K. arm, announced last October.

"Factory Girl," which charts the rise and fall of '60s icon Edie Sedgwick, will face stiff competition in the U.K. from kudos contenders set for release in the same period, including Par's own "Dreamgirls," which comes out Feb. 2.

Indeed, the strength of that competition is the reason why the Works U.K. Distribution has moved the release date of "The Upside of Anger" from Jan. 28 to Feb. 16, ruling it out of BAFTA contention.

A spokesman for the Works said it was unable to book screens for the film because of so much competition from other awards contenders.

Par's U.K. distribution and marketing team, which has yet to see "Factory Girl," faces a big challenge to secure screens and build awareness for the movie over the next month.

Source
So looks like it will be released in UK in February (though I'm not sure what Blightly is, a city? ). But that still doesn't say anything about the wide release or the NY release. Damn, this is confusing...
Old 12-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
Steph, I don't know why they're doing reshoots so late. I read somewhere that after they were finished with the original shooting, they realized they need more stuff. I can go find the article for more info.
you don't have to. I remember it

Quote:
And you are so right about the WASP thing, I don't know why anyone would even think that. I have to quote one comment on ONTD:
so a half Italian Canadian kid with a danish last name is considered a WASP now?? OIC...
My thoughts exactly! I love that comment.

Quote:
And yep, all this made it to EW, here's the article (from DH.net):
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16...mporary/ew.jpg
that's the one I saw.
what's up with Sienna's pose?
Quote:
. But that still doesn't say anything about the wide release or the NY release. Damn, this is confusing...
you can say that again.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That comment from ONTD was brilliant. Those so called reporters could do some background research before they write such nonsense.

And I don't know what's up with Sienna's pose, Edie was a model, maybe she's still channeling her.

I thought I'd post this article cos it sums up all the problems pretty nicely plus it talks about the possible February release. Although there probably isn't much additional info:

Quote:
RTIndie: Suit-Seeking Bob Dylan Isn't the Only One Against "Factory Girl"
Posted by RT-News on Tuesday, Dec. 19, 2006, 06:32 PM

Jen Yamato writes: "Much has been made lately of singer-songwriter Bob Dylan's demands to screen the Weinstein Co.'s upcoming Oscar hopeful, but it's only the latest in a growing trend of troubling rumors surrounding the Edie Sedgwick biopic.

"Factory Girl" has been buzzed about as Sienna Miller's big break, the role that could send the British actress from "Layer Cake" eye-candy to breakout star. Distributor Weinstein Co. even pushed the flick towards a last-minute December 29 release to qualify for awards season; months ago, Hollywood Elsewhere's Jeffrey Wells rough cut rave hailed it as a contender (and suggested there's Oscar potential in both Miller's star turn and co-star Guy Pearce's portrayal of Andy Warhol).

The film, directed by documentarian George Hickenlooper ("Hearts of Darkness," "Mayor of the Sunset Strip"), chronicles the up-down trajectory of Warhol celebutante Sedgwick, the pixie-headed model-actress who was briefly a member of the Factory in the 1960s, dated Bob Dylan, and died of a drug overdose in 1971. Miller herself is a dead-on doppelganger for Sedgwick and stars alongside Pearce, Hayden Christensen, Ileana Douglas, Mary-Kate Olsen, Jimmy Fallon, Mena Suvari, and various members of Weezer.

It's Christensen's character, "Billy Quinn," that has drawn the ire of Dylan and his lawyers; though the name is different, the character bears enough resemblance to the folk legend and implies that their break-up inadvertently led to Sedgwick's demise. From the LA Times: "[The character] has Dylan's mannerisms and sports a checked scarf like the one Dylan sports on the cover of his classic "Blonde on Blonde" album -- on which, legend has it, Sedgwick inspired two songs, "Just Like a Woman" and "Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat."

Consequently, Dylan is demanding the film's release and all early screenings be cancelled until he can view it and give his approval -- or else producers Bob Yari and Holly Wiersma will be sued for defamation. (Coincidentally, Yari is the guy who was embroiled in a lawsuit around this time last year over snubbed producing credits for "Crash" and is currently in a public sparring match with Warner Bros. over what he considers a flawed Oscar campaign for his upcoming film, "The Painted Veil.")

Add that to recent rumors of Weinstein-mandated re-shoots and "Girl" champions might have cause to worry about the flick (and it's stars') chances come February. And then there's the message board shouting match over at Cinematical about the Hickenlooper film, a failed competing Edie Sedgwick project, and a quite entertaining, if hard to follow, ensuing war of words from supporters of both camps (scroll down to the comments, it's worth it!).

Source
And apparently FG will open on Dec 29 only in one theatre in LA:

Quote:
'Factory Girl' will not premiere here Dec. 29

"Factory Girl" is being released on Dec. 29 in a single theater, and it won't be in Shreveport or Bossier City. Think the other L.A., rather.

Why just one theater? They are releasing it strictly to qualify for the Oscars.

This little tidbit was offered up by the offices of the Weinstein Company.

The movie is scheduled for a wider release during the first quarter of 2007. Exactly when will it arrive in Shreveport, where much of the feature was filmed? That's not determined yet. Rats!

This project has been attracting some savage media attention. Check out this recent gossip from the New York Post. It appears "Factory Girl" has been put through reshoot hell.

Source
Maybe this one is that theatre:

Quote:
Factory Girl
Presented by: The Weinstein Co., Oscar qualifying run

Southland Theaters

Readers' rating: Unrated
Reader reviews: Write a review

The rise and fall of '60s "it girl" Edie Sedgwick (Sienna Miller) who went from a lost trust fund kid to the center of the pop art universe when she hooked up with Andy Warhol (Guy Pearce) and began appearing in his films. With Hayden Christensen, Mean Suvari and Jimmy Fallon. Written by Captain Mauzner. Directed by George Hickenlooper.

Dec. 29 - Open End
Daily

Source
Talk about a limited release. Pretty calculated if you ask me.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
That comment from ONTD was brilliant. Those so called reporters could do some background research before they write such nonsense.

And I don't know what's up with Sienna's pose, Edie was a model, maybe she's still channeling her.

Sounds like the same fact checkers from The New Republic

Very poorly too

Thanks for the articles.
one theater.
this is so silly.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

okay I'm way too tired to read the articles and bits....but yeah it seems the release is very very limited... would I find out why if I read the articles?

well all I can do is hope that'll be released really soon everywhere
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 12-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes Maria, I think you would find out, I didn't post those here for nothing.

Yeah, I agree, one threater sounds really silly. Well, I guess it's enough to be qualified for Oscars. Do you guys know when the Oscar ballots need to be in? I mean, how can enough people get to see this film, aren't there like 5,000 people in the Academy or am I totally off?

February has been mentioned to be the time of the wide release. They mention it in this clip, too (from DH.net). But who really knows anymore?
Old 12-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know how many people are in the Academy
or if they will all get to see this film in the one theater in LA. I think mostly likely they will not.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I googled, there are over 6,000 members in the Academy. So of course all them won't see the movie in that one theater. So the question is, when it will go wide so enough people will get to see it in order to nominate it for the Oscars (which I doubt at this point, I have to admit ). Cos it only needs to be release somewhere in 2006 to be eligible for 2007's Oscars.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Did the google tell you the dates for ballots?

I highly doubt enough people will see it for it to even get a nod.
Why only one? Why not the major cities? Won't it be the same version released wide anyhow?