Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

My Blueberry Nights has not come here yet, at least to my knowledge it hasn't.
Mr.Magorium I'll wait till dvd/cable.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I saw an advert for My Blueberry Nights in a newspaper here. I don't know when it will premiere, though.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

well atleast here in the south it was this weekend
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 12-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the pics
They're all great
Old 12-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Banned

You liked them?
I saw them a year ago but I forgot to show ya.
Sorry.
When Nat said ''it was like watching a star being born'',did she mean hayden or vader?

Last edited by athas24; 12-07-2007 at 10:07 AM
Old 12-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Where and when did she say that?
I must have missed it.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Elite Fan

I don't remember her saying that either,but my guess would be she was talking about Hayden...
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 12-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Banned

First,she said Hayden is amazing and hes wonderfull blah blah...and then she said:''There was a scene were Anakin gets mad and everybody gathered behind the monitor and said ''Oh,my,its like watching a star being born!!!''
A Naydenite said that Nat said that,in thread 4 or 5 or 6...i dont remember!

Oh,and something else.There are 9 pics with Hayden holding diffrent award statuetes,and theres only 2 pics with Nat holding diffrent award statuetes.
Thats not because she didnt get any other awards.She got 7 awards.but she got a statue for the 2 of them.
They didnt give her a statue for teenchoice award,for youngstar award,for NBR and OSDFC awards and the Saturn award.
These were just an acclaim,they didnt even invite her to the awards event...How cheap!
Thats why i didnt find other pics,there arent any other pics.
I dont know about you,but im MAD at the people who,not only didnt give her a statue,they didnt even invite her to the event...
Tell Cereal Killer that im sorry for the mean things I said about Nat in the past.
Shes not that bad indeed...
Hope you forgive me.I love you all!

Last edited by athas24; 12-11-2007 at 08:47 AM
Old 12-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I dont know about you,but im MAD at the people who,not only didnt give her a statue,they didnt even invite her to the event...
Eh, I think the world is over saturated with awards anyway.
It's like they don't mean anything anymore.

When you only have a select few awards to pass out it makes it more special and prestigious.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Banned

Why are you saying that?Awards do count.
And awards are there for actors to prove their worth,to prove that they are good.
And if they don't give them a trophy the awards are so un-prestigious that they don't even count.Hayden got a trophy for every award,Natalie didn't.
My point is,he can say hes a better actor,and,if she insists,she will not be able to proof that.Awards are the best way to judge an actor,really thats my opinion and i think im right.Its the best way cuz you can count awards and their prestige,while you cant count fame,succes etc.Thats why awards are a sort of a proof.Not that that is a default.Some actors are good but they didnt get any awards.Awards measure popularity,talent,fame etc.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have to say I agree with Steph. Only have a select few awards are more special and prestigious. And I don't think awards are the only thing to judge an actor, those things depend on so many variables. Like who decides on to whom the award is given. If it's the fans (say the MTV movie award), the result will certainly be different than what it is if the critics decide. And awards aren't the only thing or even the main thing to measure an actor's fame or succes or talent. There are many actors out there who never got for example an Oscar but are without a doubt one of the best, for example Leonardo DiCaprio.

And to be honest, I highly doubt either Hayden or Natalie care about who got more awards. I don't think they give a damn about which one is more popular or famous. If they still keep in touch, I'm sure they talk about totally different things.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

There are just too many awards out there and there comes a point where it becomes meaningless because it's no longer special.
If you only had a select few then winning would become a real honor and the statue is a novelty.

Most award shows are just there to kiss butt and/or to show off because it's their friends in Hollywood voting for them.

Having the fans vote is cool but it also has a down side because it is then a popularity contest and not necessarily based on merit.

Not that I am not proud of Hayden or Natalie when they did win. I am very proud of their achievements.
But I can't tell you how many times I have been disappointed because I thought the wrong people won or how the people/film/tv show I rooted for was totally snubbed altogether.

Then sometimes they just nominate the same people or shows and don't give new people/shows a chance.
Spread the wealth people!
Old 12-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I fully agree with you Steph. That's what I was kinda trying to say too (at least partly) but you were much more eloquent. Hear hear!
Old 12-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

Word Steph!

Especially the thing about spreading the wealth, I think the "bases" for the nominations for awards is much too slim, it's like some shows/people just get them on "merit" you know "he's won so and so, let him win another"
icon credit
Hayden