Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

Regardless of the fans listening to the judges, it was just entertaining to see what they had to say. Simon always had some great choice lines that have become part of my vernacular. I just feel like, we lost that element of what I enjoyed about American Idol, and it's making it more obvious how much I hate almost everyone and how distracted I am during most of there performances. At least with s9, we had a group of people willing to pick apart people who were awful or subpar. I enjoyed that aspect and yes, that's why I found s9 to be more enjoyable. Forget about the contestants, they are so disposable, mostly.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i guess that makes sense, i use to love it too, particularly when simon or anyone would cane the contestants i didnt like.

whats the theme for the next show?
Old 05-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think I skipped one week but anyway... A few words on the Top 8.

Paul - I love Paul. I think prefer when he performs with a guitar though because it helps to control his mannerisms. He was a bit all over the place with this performance. Great song choice though! Reminded me of Cookie in his underwear in the Guitar Hero ad. xD

Lauren - Hannah Montana, seriously? She sang it well but I feel the song never really took off properly. She is missing something but of course she always gets praises.

Stefano - @ the song. He can talk all he wants about being a great performer but I can't watch him perform, his mannerisms bother me so much. But of course the judges are all over him. Randy, your "[insert the name] is in it to win it!" is getting SO old.

Scotty - I'm getting tired of Scotty's all country all the time. I found it endearing before, now I just find it boring. He should've sang his first choice "Everybody's Talking". But I guess it really doesn't matter what he sings, he's sailing through to the finale.

Casey - I actually really loved this song choice. I also liked the performance, his growls and weird faces were on a manageable level.

Haley - Seriously, apparently the other contestants could just stand there farting on the stage and the judges would gush how "beautiful" it was. But not Haley. No way she was worse than the others. I liked the song and I liked the performance. She's showing more variety than maybe any of the other contestants, too.

Jacob - Kudos to Iovine for calling Jacob out in his ridiculous preaching last week. This week he did a good job on his performance. But that song is so amazing that if you can sing (and Jacob can, and well), it's kinda hard to have a bad performance with it.

James - Hell yeah! Rock the metal! \m/ That is all. (Not the first time there's been heavy metal on any of these Idol stages though. )

--

I really like when they do duets or smaller group performances intead of the bigger ones on the results shows. They're always better. Like Haley & Casey here, WOWZA. Haley was on fire! I also loved the one with the guys, they sounded great on those songs, it was awesome! (Scotty & Lauren was just alright for me.) Of course Kelly's always awesome.

I'm sad that Paul was voted off but he'll do fine without Idol. He's got the most musicianship out of all these contestants and I hope the show brought enough attention to him so he and his band can have a good career.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I think I felt the same way about everyone

Stepahno, Scotty, and Jacob's repetitiveness and boring performances are really getting old.

James did so awesome, he really brought it. You could totally tell he was in his element.

Lauren did a bazillion times better on that song than Miley, but of course there were a ton of better song choices out there especially for a voice as strong as hers. There's also still the fact that the Lauren we saw at the beginning is still missing.

I think this was my favourite of Casey's performances. I was starting to like ever since his save and this one was good.

I loved that they're singing in smaller groups, it gives them a better chance of actually having good harmonies and being able to sing something that doesn't usually work with group performances.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray