Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-15-2011, 06:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

I really wish the judges would toughen up. I don't think I've heard Steven Tyler utter a word of criticism. JLo tries sometimes. Thank you Randy for trying.
Rebecca (icon)
Old 04-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Elite Fan

I would have agreed with you but when she said "I can't be tough on you because your so good" I lost all respect for her judging gig. She's literally a prop that bounces up/down in her chair to EVERYTHING. Thanks J.Lo, I have a bobble head with more personality.

I think Randy had the chance to be Simon but he's following suit so he doesn't appear to be the "mean one".

As for Steven, amazing guy, living legend, hasn't provided one ounce of constructive criticism. These kids aren't stars yet - FAR FROM - they need to develop tough skin and stop letting Jimmy/Will.I.Am be the only voice of reason.

kenny | credit
Old 04-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

^ Exactly. That's why I'm really loving Jimmy, because he is really honest with crticism. I honestly believe that the contestants need criticism to do even better than they think they can.
Rebecca (icon)
Old 04-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah but then I don't love Jimmy because now they are painting him as the guy who's forcing them to do things they don't want to do. And I feel his advice is more forthright with some than others.

kenny | credit
Old 04-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothaise (View Post)
Was James at least in the bottom 3?

I am so indifferent to Paul. I just feel like, he wasn't getting any better and he wasn't showing us anything new. He really needed a Casey James, "Jealous Guy" moment, and he didn't bring one.

Should we even refer to them as judges? How about "Special Guest Stars"?
But if you think about it, James doesn't bring anything new to the table either. He tried with Maybe I'm Amazed, but he had his Lambert moment then, too. If it weren't for Adam Lambert, I would've been ok with James constantly doing the same thing, but there was an Adam Lambert. And I'm pretty sure he was better. It's a shame, I like James a lot and I loved him at the beginning of the season, but I honestly expected he'd do something different.
Oh yeah, and Scotty? Hello, that is the definition of doing the same damn thing week after week. Can't believe he's always #1 on dialidol, at this rate he may just win!
Sad about Paul. I thought he was so original and had a magic voice... so special. But Stefano is my fav, so....
David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel

Old 04-16-2011, 10:45 PM
Elite Fan

Demily - No confusion, I am scratching wondering how James made it past Hollywood week. So you pointing out that he's not bringing anything new to the table, I 100% agree with, no question.

kenny | credit
Old 04-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

I thought James killed it with Zakk Wylde and I also loved Scotty's performance. I know that their styles may not be everyone's cup of tea but they both do what they do consistently well each week - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Maybe that's playing it safe but I like seeing them perform well week in and week out.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I agree about James. I mean, everyone's who's still left obviously has something that appeals to people who are voting for them. I love his performances and always look forward to them. And even if his style is similar to Adam's in some ways, doesn't mean he shouldn't be here.

The same thing that's been said about James can be applied to quite a few of the other contestants but if you like them, then you won't see it. To me, Scotty and Stephano, even Jacob are doing the same thing pretty much every week and they're not that good to everyone watching but that's to be expected because fans will like some contestants but not others, it's the way the show is.

I do 100% agree however that the judges are completely useless now. They like everyone and they don't give constructive criticism to anyone and if they do, it's kinda too late or just not that beneficial.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 04-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

I can't compare him to Adam, because Adam has stage presence and formed himself into an artist and made sure every performance wasn't the same. He earned his notoriety and James hasn't but acts like he's fully proven himself, and that frustrates me.

kenny | credit
Old 04-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

While I do like the new judges I have to agree with you guys about the fact that they haven't done much of anything this year. They just tell everyone how amazing they are, which is definitely not the case. They have praised some really poor quality performances over the past few weeks.

I like that the show is not as negative as it was in the past (regarding the judges comments) but it would be nice if the new judges actually gave some constructive criticism sometimes. I really believe that they think all these contestants will be famous - which is so far from the truth. Only a few have star potential.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

And they are pimping up how amazing this season is. I mean, last year was more entertaining, and that's saying ALOT.

kenny | credit
Old 04-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Agree with you all about the judges. Steven Tyler, legend he may be but I expected more from him than just saying every performance is amazing. Maybe he is bored? I liked Jennifer as a judge at first but now she's afraid to say anything negative because she doesn't want anyone to get voted off. And Randy...well Randy is Randy. They need to be pushing the contestants more, telling them what they need to improve upon.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNevergirl (View Post)
but they both do what they do consistently well each week - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
But that's exactly the issue - they both do the same each week. And for some people, it is broken. I get that country is big at the US but people rarely hear that style almost everywhere else. And yes it is American Idol, but it airs all over the world. So people in Israel for instance, don't get the appeal of Scotty. As for James, he's a better singer and has more stage presence that Scotty, but at this point I can pinpoint the moment where he's gonna do a high note or how he will end his performance.
Quote:
And they are pimping up how amazing this season is. I mean, last year was more entertaining, and that's saying ALOT.
Nah, I really disagree there. I only remember it was a Crystal and Lee final, the rest is blank to me. Can't even remember my favorite... I was thinking Didi but now I'm not sure if she's from S8 or S9 Personally, aside from Scotty and Jacob, I'd be happy if any of them wins. And I was rooting for Paul until the elimination, also.
David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel

Old 04-18-2011, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

does it really matter what the judges say? its showing that the voting is really in the hands of the audience this time..

so freakin happy paul is gone, i hated his voice and his performance "style".

did not watch james, haley, jacob & scotty this week. dont think i missed much did i?
Old 04-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

The voting was always in the hands of the audience if they chose not to listen to the judges. But at least when the judges actually gave sound critiques, fans kind of listened when they realized they were actually right. Now the results are just a mess sometimes.

And about S9 vs. S10, whatever's going on this season, S9 is no way better because I remember fast-forwarding most of the performances back then

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray