Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-11-2004, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NaiveYetChubby
(Shannon, are you all, "What the hell?" or do you know what we're talking about?)
Heh, not a clue. It's okay. I'm just talking to a friend anyway, looks like we both need therapy.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:03 AM
Absolute Fan

Hee! You love me!

Salmon of Doubt is the name of the unfinished sixth book (kind of) as well as the collection it's printed in. It started out as a Dirk Gently book, then it was to be the next Hitchhiker's book. I have the collection, and I've read everything BUT those chapters of SOD, so I don't know what it consists of. Life became distracting, then I forgot about it and started reading something else, and then a couple of years passed. I should really dig that out and finish it. Some of the short stories in the collection were hilarious.

I cannot find the radio transcripts or any non-HHGTTG/Dirk Gently books of his to save my life around these parts. I did find Starship Titanic (the book), though. Go figure.

Erm, topic: The Delly having sex while flying through the air.

ETA: Shannon, we're talking about The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books. The name Douglas Adams ring a bell?

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 07-11-2004, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

I only finished the series coz of a friend who lent me the books... they're so damn hard to find, not to mention freakin' expensive.

Haven't read SoD, coz my other friend who has it is in med school. And I'm too poor/cheap to buy it.

Topic: I bet Kelly thinks about what she's trying to do to Diana.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:39 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by P Y R O
I only finished the series coz of a friend who lent me the books... they're so damn hard to find, not to mention freakin' expensive.

Haven't read SoD, coz my other friend who has it is in med school. And I'm too poor/cheap to buy it.
I bought the first three books because it said, "trilogy" on the cover, and the cousin who bites me and thinks Diana is fat saw that I had one of them and lent me the Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide (the five books + "Young Zaphod Plays It Safe"), and now I own that and have them all in paperback, too.

In the SoD collection, there's the short story "Cookies," like the incident Arthur tells Fenny, told as a real life experience of Douglas's. Odd to see it twice like that.

Quote:
Topic: I bet Kelly thinks about what she's trying to do to Diana.
If that's a reference, I'm not getting it, for some reason. If it's not, I wonder why I think it is. I'm a little slow right now.

After discussing the HHGTTG thing, I realized Tamyra's songwriting is like Vogan poetry. Do you think she's a space alien?

...Wait! "Think," right? You were listening to "Think."

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 07-11-2004, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I bought the first three books because it said, "trilogy" on the cover, and the cousin who bites me and thinks Diana is fat saw that I had one of them and lent me the Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide (the five books + "Young Zaphod Plays It Safe"), and now I own that and have them all in paperback, too.
I should get the giganto hardcover, too, but like I said, I'm broke/cheap.

Quote:
If that's a reference, I'm not getting it, for some reason. If it's not, I wonder why I think it is. I'm a little slow right now.

...Wait! "Think," right? You were listening to "Think."
Damn, I thought I had the opportunity to gloat/point-and-laugh.

Quote:
After discussing the HHGTTG thing, I realized Tamyra's songwriting is like Vogan poetry. Do you think she's a space alien?
Old 07-11-2004, 05:54 AM
Absolute Fan

Poor Shannon. She won't get the Vogan joke. I'll have to quote the passage for her. Appropriate, with her being drunk recently.

Quote:
Originally posted by P Y R O
I should get the giganto hardcover, too, but like I said, I'm broke/cheap.
They're on sale once in a while at the local Borders. I feel you on being broke/cheap, though.

Do you know what I found really annoying once? I don't know if you're a freak about your books, too, but I like to keep mine in mint condition. Well, I had the paperback edition of one of the HHGTTG books at school with me, and they have little bubbles that stick up from the cover, and my friend took it and smashed them all down and made them crack. My reaction, of course, was "What the hell?! It's not Bubble Wrap!" and she said she felt like popping them. She wouldn't pay me for the book, either. Haven't made the effort to talk to her since then.

Quote:
Damn, I thought I had the opportunity to gloat/point-and-laugh.
HA! I'm slow, but not slow enough, I guess. I was just about to hit "Submit" when I started to hear "Think" in my head, too.

Old 07-11-2004, 06:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Do you know what I found really annoying once? I don't know if you're a freak about your books, too, but I like to keep mine in mint condition. Well, I had the paperback edition of one of the HHGTTG books at school with me, and they have little bubbles that stick up from the cover, and my friend took it and smashed them all down and made them crack. My reaction, of course, was "What the hell?! It's not Bubble Wrap!" and she said she felt like popping them. She wouldn't pay me for the book, either. Haven't made the effort to talk to her since then.

HA! I'm slow, but not slow enough, I guess. I was just about to hit "Submit" when I started to hear "Think" in my head, too.
1. Yeah, that's annoying. I'm not really freak with my books, but if a book's gonna be ruined, I'd like it to be me who ruins it. I'm also a wee bit sensitive about buying used books, too.

2. Aww. Well, good for you.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Absolute Fan

I was in Blockbuster tonight checking out the "New Releases" (yeah, sure, FJ2K is a 'new release,' Blockbuster), and I saw the row of Honey and almost burst into a fit of laughter. Thanks, Shannon.

(The one VHS and one DVD copy of FJ2K was kind of facing the Honey row, but alas, Kelly's eyes were not aimed low enough.)

Old 07-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I saw the row of Honey and almost burst into a fit of laughter. Thanks, Shannon.
*snorts* You're welcome.

Quote:
(The one VHS and one DVD copy of FJ2K was kind of facing the Honey row, but alas, Kelly's eyes were not aimed low enough.)
She probably thinks that since her girl isn't actually on the cover, it jsut ain't worth it.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:14 PM
Absolute Fan

"Jsut"? Niiiice.

I can't neglect this thread in favor of IF's, so...

Steak. Knife. Of. Love.

Old 07-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Master Fan

Yay, you love me.

Aww. *pets the original Delly thread*
Old 07-11-2004, 11:27 PM
Absolute Fan

You never forget your first.

I meant for you to start a Delly thread in the Kelly forum at IF, to compete with the numerous "Aww, I wuv Clelley and here is a video I made" threads, but I think it will be more fun in the Diana forum.

Old 07-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Master Fan

Heh. I can do that too.

In fact, I think I will.

Quote:
You never forget your first.
Kelly will be pleased to hear DiDi say that.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:38 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Kelly will be pleased to hear DiDi say that.
And, if some speculation is on the mark, DiDi would be pleased to hear Kellbell say that, too.

You never know. Maybe Diana's the raging whore of the couple.

Ooh, yay! Two threads at IF? Fun.

Old 07-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
And, if some speculation is on the mark, DiDi would be pleased to hear Kellbell say that, too.

You never know. Maybe Diana's the raging whore of the couple.
Or they can both be each others firsts. (Was originally "fists". *giggle*) I think I kinda like that idea. Because I'm a big romantic.

Dammit.

Quote:
Ooh, yay! Two threads at IF? Fun.
I enoy perverting things.