Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah exactly, that is such a no-doubt thing.

After problems with the episodes for a week, I finally watched this one

The choices, and thus performances, in general were okay. My favourite was Angie's. I guess they turned the theme into 'Rock' without the 'Classic' part. I like how she started at the piano and then just rocked the whole thing. The part with the wind machine blowing her top was unfortunate, they always seem to have trouble with that

Candice's performance was fierce! She definitely brought the attitude and her vocals were spot on as always. I would have liked another song for her though. I really liked her duet with Burnell too, Keith was right, she is a galaxy! Heh.

I actually enjoyed Janelle's performance. It was fun and she did a really good job. Amber's was a ballad! But it was good and so was Kree's.

It was probably just me but I enjoyed Burnell's performance I know it wasn't 'him' and what we've come to love about him but it was enjoyable. It did start out rough but it got kinda better.

Results show: Casey and Carrie did awesome and Carrie looked amazing It was really sad saying good bye to Burnell, you can see it really got to him after he finished his song I don't think it sunk in for me either before I actually saw it. I really hope things go well for him, he's talented.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 04-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
The choices, and thus performances, in general were okay. My favourite was Angie's. I guess they turned the theme into 'Rock' without the 'Classic' part. I like how she started at the piano and then just rocked the whole thing. The part with the wind machine blowing her top was unfortunate, they always seem to have trouble with that
That was a really good performance by Angie I felt bad for her though with the whole wind machine incident

Quote:
Candice's performance was fierce! She definitely brought the attitude and her vocals were spot on as always. I would have liked another song for her though. I really liked her duet with Burnell too, Keith was right, she is a galaxy! Heh.
I really liked the Candice/Burnell duet too. That should have been enough to save Burnell for the week but I guess not

Quote:
Results show: Casey and Carrie did awesome and Carrie looked amazing It was really sad saying good bye to Burnell, you can see it really got to him after he finished his song I don't think it sunk in for me either before I actually saw it. I really hope things go well for him, he's talented.
Casey and Carrie were really good! Yeah it was tough to watch Burnell go especially I think with everyone knowing the judges weren't going to use the save again
Old 04-16-2013, 12:02 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah598 (View Post)
That was a really good performance by Angie I felt bad for her though with the whole wind machine incident
Yeah it's definitely distracting to have the wind almost blow her top off Jimmy commented on it too with his 'machine on tornado setting' or something like that

Quote:
I really liked the Candice/Burnell duet too. That should have been enough to save Burnell for the week but I guess not
Yeah he had one mediocre performance with the solo but he bounced back immediately. It seems they were bent on not using it unless it's one the msot talented girls who have been frontrunners to win from the start.

Quote:
Casey and Carrie were really good! Yeah it was tough to watch Burnell go especially I think with everyone knowing the judges weren't going to use the save again
I thought it was also cute that Casey got personalized gifts for the contestants, I have to say I was kinda curious to see them

| ray
Old 04-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

One of these days I'll post my comments right after I've watched the episode.

I liked this week, rock has always been my favorite theme. I was looking forward to Kree's performance of Piece of My Heart and she did do awesomely. I was expecting her to rock it even harder though, it felt like something was missing a little maybe, but it was still great, don't get me wrong.

I loved Janelle's performance, it was so much fan and she's a natural performer. I totally agree with the judges' comments! There's just something very likeable and genuine about her that made me love her from the first time I saw her. I realize that I seem to be the only one here who feels this way though. I know she is considered the weakest of the final 5 girls by some people, but I think that depends on your point of view. Just because she's not a belter, doesn't mean she's a weak vocalist. Anyway, I think all her performances in the finals so far have been great (I haven't seen the last two episodes yet though) and I hope she can stay as long as possible.

Candice, well damn son! I really don't know why the judges were complaining about her song choice, she totally killed it. She's a total rock chick too, she has it all!

This week was the first time I really enjoyed and connected with Angie's performance, she was awesome! Maybe it was because of her song choice, it was perfect for her. I love that song and maybe that also helped me connect emotionally with her performance. I liked that she started on the piano and continued on the podium looking all fierce and mystical. And I liked the intense wind machine too. xD

Burnell's song choice wasn't the best, it's an awesome song but he didn't know how to own it. Kudos for the rock kick in the end. It certainly shouldn't have gotten him eliminated though, it still baffles me how Lazaro beat Burnell and was in the top 3. What was all that excessive praising Lazaro got from the judges after his performance? Were we watching the same performance? I'm not lying, I actually had to change the channel because of second hand embarrassment.

I don't have any comments on Amber.

Am I the only who got flashbacks of all the songs they've previously done in the past seasons?

Both Carrie and Casey did great on the results show, and yeah, Carrie is never not totally stunning. It was sad to see Burnell go, it so wasn't right but yeah, it looks like the judges were saving/had been ordered to save the save (heh) for any girl should Lazaro outlast them.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:21 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
One of these days I'll post my comments right after I've watched the episode.
When RL cuts us a break

Quote:
I liked this week, rock has always been my favorite theme. I was looking forward to Kree's performance of Piece of My Heart and she did do awesomely. I was expecting her to rock it even harder though, it felt like something was missing a little maybe, but it was still great, don't get me wrong.
I was waiting for that something to kick in at some point during the performance But yeah, she was great anyway.

Quote:
I loved Janelle's performance, it was so much fan and she's a natural performer. I totally agree with the judges' comments! There's just something very likeable and genuine about her that made me love her from the first time I saw her. I realize that I seem to be the only one here who feels this way though. I know she is considered the weakest of the final 5 girls by some people, but I think that depends on your point of view. Just because she's not a belter, doesn't mean she's a weak vocalist. Anyway, I think all her performances in the finals so far have been great (I haven't seen the last two episodes yet though) and I hope she can stay as long as possible.
I think Amber has been too hyped up that Janelle kind of got sidelined when it came to the Top 5. I have to say that I was never into any of Amber's performances (probably started doing something else during some) so I was mostly basing one of my comments about her on what the judges were saying (big mistake, I know ) And actually I started paying more attention to both Amber and Janelle's performances the past couple of weeks and that definitely gave me more perspective on each. Before they were tied for fourth place for me, but lately I definitely liked Janelle more than Amber. And one more thing, being the 'weakest' in this Top 5 in no way meant she was 'weak' because they really are some of the best talent we've seen

Quote:
Candice, well damn son! I really don't know why the judges were complaining about her song choice, she totally killed it. She's a total rock chick too, she has it all!
She was so awesome! She just owns any style she does. I guess the song choice bit wasn't about her delivery (because that totally rocked) but more about choosing one that suits her or her personality more

Quote:
This week was the first time I really enjoyed and connected with Angie's performance, she was awesome! Maybe it was because of her song choice, it was perfect for her. I love that song and maybe that also helped me connect emotionally with her performance. I liked that she started on the piano and continued on the podium looking all fierce and mystical. And I liked the intense wind machine too. xD
She really was awesome! Such a perfect fit. I love that your favourite theme helped you like one of her performances XD

Quote:
Burnell's song choice wasn't the best, it's an awesome song but he didn't know how to own it. Kudos for the rock kick in the end. It certainly shouldn't have gotten him eliminated though, it still baffles me how Lazaro beat Burnell and was in the top 3. What was all that excessive praising Lazaro got from the judges after his performance? Were we watching the same performance? I'm not lying, I actually had to change the channel because of second hand embarrassment.
Burnell did pretty well considering this was pretty different from what he usually does and yeah the kick was kinda awesome And as 'ok' as it was, it was still better than most (if not all) Lazaro's performances. I mean he's been ok, but in this Top 10, he was way over his head from the start. And the judges just fueled that with their comments week after week.

Quote:
I don't have any comments on Amber.
No comments as in you didn't care for them or you didn't like them?

Quote:
Am I the only who got flashbacks of all the songs they've previously done in the past seasons?
Season 8 mostly

Quote:
Both Carrie and Casey did great on the results show, and yeah, Carrie is never not totally stunning. It was sad to see Burnell go, it so wasn't right but yeah, it looks like the judges were saving/had been ordered to save the save (heh) for any girl should Lazaro outlast them.
Nice wording And they're still 'saving the save' even after Lazaro was eliminated.

| ray
Old 04-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
I was waiting for that something to kick in at some point during the performance But yeah, she was great anyway.
Me too, it was like she held back a little. But it's not like she can be bad.

Quote:
I think Amber has been too hyped up that Janelle kind of got sidelined when it came to the Top 5. I have to say that I was never into any of Amber's performances (probably started doing something else during some) so I was mostly basing one of my comments about her on what the judges were saying (big mistake, I know ) And actually I started paying more attention to both Amber and Janelle's performances the past couple of weeks and that definitely gave me more perspective on each. Before they were tied for fourth place for me, but lately I definitely liked Janelle more than Amber. And one more thing, being the 'weakest' in this Top 5 in no way meant she was 'weak' because they really are some of the best talent we've seen
Amber definitely is too hyped up. I totally understand getting distracted during her performances. Glad you preferred Janelle. And you make a good point there. I didn't mean that people think she's weak on her own, of course the level of the talent among the girls is insane this year. I do think she's better than Amber because she has the whole package, whereas I think Amber is lacking in the personality department.

Quote:
She was so awesome! She just owns any style she does. I guess the song choice bit wasn't about her delivery (because that totally rocked) but more about choosing one that suits her or her personality more
You could be right about that. I still dug it hell of a lot though.

Quote:
She really was awesome! Such a perfect fit. I love that your favourite theme helped you like one of her performances XD
Haha, it's great. This performance really made me like her more, I was rooting for her the next week too when the judges were criticizing her.

Quote:
Burnell did pretty well considering this was pretty different from what he usually does and yeah the kick was kinda awesome And as 'ok' as it was, it was still better than most (if not all) Lazaro's performances. I mean he's been ok, but in this Top 10, he was way over his head from the start. And the judges just fueled that with their comments week after week.
I agree, I just didn't want to say "A for effort" because that's beneath his talent. Totally agree about Lazaro. He just didn't belong there and the judges' praising comments seem to have made him a bit delusional.

Quote:
No comments as in you didn't care for them or you didn't like them?
I didn't care for them.

Quote:
Season 8 mostly
Me too and also season 7.

Quote:
Nice wording And they're still 'saving the save' even after Lazaro was eliminated.
What's up with that? Can they still use the freaking save in the final two? Looks like it. xD
Old 04-23-2013, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Really one of my favourite mottos. I love rockmusic! Yeah! I was so happy they did that motto.
Burnelle´s song was just great I love the music of Bon Jovi a lot. He (Burnell) did a good job instead of the fact it was not really his music.
And I loved Candice performance of the Rolling Stones Hit "I Can`t Get No Satisfaction" its just a cool song!
And I also loved the duet of Candice and Burnell it was just greet.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by me~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 04-24-2013, 05:51 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

^ Yeah it's a really interesting theme. And I love that they put the rule not to sing slow songs (even if there were exceptions). Candice was amazing and the duet was really cool Burnell's studio version is one of the songs I love listening to because it's really fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
Me too, it was like she held back a little. But it's not like she can be bad.
Yeah, her worst performance is 'really good'

Quote:
Amber definitely is too hyped up. I totally understand getting distracted during her performances. Glad you preferred Janelle. And you make a good point there. I didn't mean that people think she's weak on her own, of course the level of the talent among the girls is insane this year. I do think she's better than Amber because she has the whole package, whereas I think Amber is lacking in the personality department.
Yeah you also have a good point, she's talented and lovable. Amber is good but also I think the fact that she always chooses "big" songs and doesn't actually butcher them makes it seem like she's 'too good' if that made sense If any of the other girls sing those songs, Candice for example, she would totally murder them and probably be better.

Quote:
You could be right about that. I still dug it hell of a lot though.
Me too, the girl can rock out like a serious 'rock chick'! (I think Randy called her that when she performed "Come Together" with a fun rock edge)

Quote:
Haha, it's great. This performance really made me like her more, I was rooting for her the next week too when the judges were criticizing her.
Aw I love that When she did "If Anyone Had A Heart" right?

Quote:
I agree, I just didn't want to say "A for effort" because that's beneath his talent. Totally agree about Lazaro. He just didn't belong there and the judges' praising comments seem to have made him a bit delusional.
Yeah exactly And yeah, I think the week after, he said that he was confident he's going to make it to Top 5 when his performances throughout the finals episodes were the most mediocre but the judges made it seem they were more than that.

Quote:
I didn't care for them.
Okay I wasn't a fan at any point but I think these were probably my least favourite of hers.

Quote:
What's up with that? Can they still use the freaking save in the final two? Looks like it. xD
During the finale ...
Ryan: The moment of truth people. And the runner up is ... X
Randy: Wait wait.. hold on Ryan .. we deliberated and we ARE using the save this week!

| ray