View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Cereal Killer
Fan Forum Legend

One of these days I'll post my comments right after I've watched the episode.

I liked this week, rock has always been my favorite theme. I was looking forward to Kree's performance of Piece of My Heart and she did do awesomely. I was expecting her to rock it even harder though, it felt like something was missing a little maybe, but it was still great, don't get me wrong.

I loved Janelle's performance, it was so much fan and she's a natural performer. I totally agree with the judges' comments! There's just something very likeable and genuine about her that made me love her from the first time I saw her. I realize that I seem to be the only one here who feels this way though. I know she is considered the weakest of the final 5 girls by some people, but I think that depends on your point of view. Just because she's not a belter, doesn't mean she's a weak vocalist. Anyway, I think all her performances in the finals so far have been great (I haven't seen the last two episodes yet though) and I hope she can stay as long as possible.

Candice, well damn son! I really don't know why the judges were complaining about her song choice, she totally killed it. She's a total rock chick too, she has it all!

This week was the first time I really enjoyed and connected with Angie's performance, she was awesome! Maybe it was because of her song choice, it was perfect for her. I love that song and maybe that also helped me connect emotionally with her performance. I liked that she started on the piano and continued on the podium looking all fierce and mystical. And I liked the intense wind machine too. xD

Burnell's song choice wasn't the best, it's an awesome song but he didn't know how to own it. Kudos for the rock kick in the end. It certainly shouldn't have gotten him eliminated though, it still baffles me how Lazaro beat Burnell and was in the top 3. What was all that excessive praising Lazaro got from the judges after his performance? Were we watching the same performance? I'm not lying, I actually had to change the channel because of second hand embarrassment.

I don't have any comments on Amber.

Am I the only who got flashbacks of all the songs they've previously done in the past seasons?

Both Carrie and Casey did great on the results show, and yeah, Carrie is never not totally stunning. It was sad to see Burnell go, it so wasn't right but yeah, it looks like the judges were saving/had been ordered to save the save (heh) for any girl should Lazaro outlast them.