Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Addicted Fan

I agree with Simon in the sense this week wasn't good at all. The best performance of tonight was either Siobhan or the girl who sang "Big Girls Don't Cry" but I wasn't crazy over neither.

The next 2 to go will be Tim and Andrew, no doubt about it. I also again, agree with Simon. I don't think Andrew knows what kind of artist he wants to be and I think he's just singing what he thinks will please the judges.

As of now, I think the final contestants will come down to Mike, Casey, Siobhan and Crystal. I'm rooting for Mike or Casey though because I think I would buy their music opposed to Siobhan and Crystal, but usually other people in the tops get record deals so they could all have success.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

I only liked Casey and Crystal tonight... the rest could go home and I wouldn't care But despite not liking Miley Cyrus or her songs, I kinda liked her as a mentor...
TK
Old 03-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc318 (View Post)
But, it was Greatest Hits Week, right? So, I'm guessing that's why the classics were sung by some of the contestants tonight.
No it was Billboard Hot 100 #1's

I just feel this was one of the themes that was broader, a lot of the others may constrain them to old fashioned songs, like Big Band, 70's, Mowtown etc.

I just wish a few more would have chosen more modern songs, I hadn't even heard of a few of them tonight!
Old 03-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved Casey, Didi, Crystal, and Mike..

Everyone else I really could care less about.

I felt really bad for Paige She's a sweetheart, but she may be going home.

I have no words about Siobhan. I see nothing special in here, and she keeps screaming.. the first time she hit that note was good, but she can't keep doing it
Old 03-23-2010, 09:02 PM
MST Manager

Crystal was phenomenal. Loved the song choice and I thought she did an amazing job. I agreed with Ellen, though, in that I want to see her embrace the audience and enjoy the moment. I said this before on a previous thread that she didn't seem like she wanted to be there so much. I wasn't getting that vibe from her. A little bit standoffish, for lack of better word. But I saw a little difference tonight. I would like to see her without the guitar too. So I am looking forward to what she has in store for next week. I am sure she will be there.

Aww, poor Aaron, being sick and all, but I thought he did a good job under the circumstances. He's such a cutie.

Paige was AWFUL. Completely terrible. Ruined one of my favorite Phil Collins' (or was it Genesis??) songs.

I think this was one of Katie's best nights. She sounded great. Her outfit was a different story (I wasn't feeling it) but I thought she did a really good job with the song. She looked comfortable and relaxed.

I love Lee's voice. The arrangement was a bit weird, but I thought he was still solid. He looked a bit more confident on stage.

The judges really need to get over "Straight Up" by Andrew. Seriously. I am sick and tired as all hell hearing about it. He's not the best singer and I don't think he should be there to begin with, but still. They need to STFU about it. It's obviously they are NOT going to move past it, no matter what the boy sings.

Having Miley as a mentor was very interesting because I don't think she's the best singer and I don't really like her music, except a song here or there that is catchy. However, as a mentor, I think she did well w/ the contestants.

I have absolutely no words for Tim.

ETA: I didn't see Casey, Siobhan, or Didi's performance yet so I'll have to comment on them later.

Last edited by NikNak; 03-23-2010 at 09:11 PM
Old 03-24-2010, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tim: That performance was horrible, and where is the personality? I don't see any from him.

Paige: I feel really bad for her but her voice was all over the place and I think she will be going tonight.

Aaron: Aw, what a cutie pie, he picked a great song and even though he was a little sick he knocked that song out of the park.

Lee: Another one who doesn't have that personality on stage. I'm not voting for someone who has no presence on stage. And for the last few weeks he's been moping around and it's turning me off.

Andrew: My poor Andrew, I agree about what a poster said above. The judges have got to stop comparing every song to Straight Up. The performance was good, could've been slightly better but for me it was good.

Katie: Wow, amazing song choice and amazing vocals. I just love her and this performance proved why I like this girl so much.

Didi: I don't know, I voted for her last week cause her performance was the best but this week it was alright. I still like Didi and am a fan but maybe it's the song she picked?.

Crystal: I thought Crystal was one of the best last night the song was good and the performance was good.

Casey: I loved it, I love Casey and I loved his performance.

Siobhan: Her voice when she screams is very annoying and i'm getting turned off everytime she does that.

Miley did a great job as mentor and gave great advice to the contestant. I enjoyed the show alst night.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 03-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

Lee:
Yikes, he's terrible! MJ and Carly did SO MUCH BETTER!
Paige:
Why do all the girls try to sing that song? Jeez! Terrible!
Tim:
He doesn't have a great voice, and it was a bad song choice... whatever, I still prefer to watch him than Andrew, but only cause he's cute
Aaron:
I don't like him at all, but he wasn't that bad.... Of course, Cookie did a thousand times better with that song...
Crystal:
Just give her the title already! There's no one in this competition at her level! Great, best of the night!
Mike:
Is it me or he's getting cocky? I don't like him, but he has a good voice.. He still needs to find his style, cause I don't think he has a clue.. one week he's singing I'm Yours, This Love, etc and this week he sang When A Man Loves A Woman.. also, it was very old fashioned!
Andrew:
You're bad, dude... stop trying to do better than Straight Up, cause you'll neve be better than that... Bad song choice and again, hello Danny Gokey!
Katie:
Pitchy and boring... But better song choice than the other contestants! Better than 80% of the ones that already sang..
Casey:
Thank you! Another one who was good tonight, wow a miracle! I'm liking him a lot, specially cause he knows his style and I think that's an important thing...
Didi:
She kept singing 'you're no good' and I was like: yeah! And she reminds me so much of Taylor Swift! I'm liking her less and less...
Siobhan:
PLEASE STOP SCREAMING! I hate these type of singers! Oosh!

I tought overall Miley was a great mentor, I was surprised! Really liked her! And I'm far far from beeing her fan! Actually, I can't stand her voice.. but I can't wait for tonight, cause I love the song she'll sing!
TK
Old 03-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Lee: It wasn't horrible, but seriously, MJ and Carly rocked this song and he didn't even come close. He seems like a nice guy though.

Paige: wtf How did she get on this show?

Tim: I liked the performance, but the vocals weren't very impressive. He's cute though And seriously, after Paige anything would sound good.

Aaron: Boring compared to Cookie's verson. Can we have that season back, please ?

Crystal: Didn't like the song 'cause there are tons of Janis Joplin songs that would be better for her to sing, but I get chills everytime she performs, her voice is SO good. I just hope the pimping doesn't hurt her in the competition.

Big Mike: His voice is so good, but seriously, he lacks musical identity. He does very generic songs and this was another one

Andrew: I dislike him more and more every week. It was really bad!

Katie: Best song choice of the night! She was still insanely boring though I kinda feel like she should sing songs on a higher key because the lower register in her voice makes her sound old-fashioned and flat.

Casey: I really liked it! I think he should move around more on stage, but still, really good, especially compared to some of the other performances.

Didi: She's starting to annoy me.

Siobhan: She sounded awesome, but she needs to hold back on the screaming a bit though I was watching it with my cat next to the speakers and when Siobhan hit the higher notes my cat seriously freaked out, no lie.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Elite Fan

Siobhan is starting to come across as the new Adam Lambert, which makes me really resent her. And they should probably stop comparing her to him as well, because hello - he didn't win.
David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel

Old 03-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She's nowhere near as good as Adam IMO.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know what you mean though Shiran. She's becoming known for the screaming, shreiking part she does. And IMO both Siobhan and Adam sound better when they're just plain singing. She needs to prove that she can perform just as well without doing the scream at the end.

I have to agree with Simon () that Crystal is a whole other level. I totally understand if some people aren't into her style of music, but the fact is, vocally she knows what she's doing. I her!

I think Lee coulda picked a better song last night. I do really like him, but I just don't think song was right for him. And I just kept thinking of how I miss Mikey and Carly.

Didi also, bad song choice. I like her, I like her voice. I didn't like her singing that song.

Big Mike I still love. And while that was an older song, it's also one I really like. And I thought he sounded great

Personally, of everyone, I think Paige deserves to go on the tour least. And she's the one I want to see the least. So, she can go now. byebye

AND before anyone asks, we lost our challenge over at the DC board and that is why I have this horrid Ke$ha icon
Visit DCook & AI
Old 03-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG thank you for explaining about the icon, I was just about to ask
Old 03-24-2010, 08:43 PM
MST Manager

I was wondering too, because that icon is scary as hell, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow express (View Post)
She's nowhere near as good as Adam IMO.
IMO too.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:00 AM
Master Fan

I don't think Siobhan has 10% of Adam's talent... To me, she only has an okay voice when she's not screaming
TK
Old 03-25-2010, 07:40 AM
Elite Fan

Agreed At first the screeching thing didn't bother me at first, and I thought that people kinda blew it out proportion when Kara compared her to Adam, but now I get what they were saying. A LOT of people complained about Adam's screeching, well Adam actually hit those high notes, Siobhan can't really I love her though still obviously. I just think it's become a gimmick now.

I didn't watch the performances live...but I fast forwarded more than half of them and thought that everyone did somewhat horrible Oh & Miley as a mentor was totally a joke.