Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-27-2009, 07:55 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know, I'm one of those people who predict people to be in the bottom 3 if their performances were bad Matt's wasn't. I think his fans vote for him, whatever number he goes on, they do make a recap at the end of every show.
David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel

Old 03-27-2009, 08:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Matt was awesome last night! True that some were better but he definately did not deserve to be bottom 3! So shocking!

I do however think Kris' rise will be Matt's downfall. I think the young female voters who like 'that sorta guy' will be torn between them. Pity though coz they're both awesome.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

Kris deserves every credit for his rise, I don't even think most of his votes come for his looks anymore. He's really stepped up and I'm pleased with that because I like the guy. Let's get real though - neither Matt nor Kris would win this, so we might as well enjoy them for as long as we can.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oh i love Kris too. In fact other than Anoop he's the one that has really impressed me these past few week. It's just that i think Matt has really something special about him (and he's not even my favourite!). My dream final 5 will definately be Matt, Anoop, Kris, Danny & Adam. These guys are all fantastic and yet all so different! I know Lil Rounds (is this seriously her real name?) n possibly Allison will be in there somewhere but a girl can dream right?
Old 03-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by |so alive| (View Post)
Kris deserves every credit for his rise, I don't even think most of his votes come for his looks anymore. He's really stepped up and I'm pleased with that because I like the guy. Let's get real though - neither Matt nor Kris would win this, so we might as well enjoy them for as long as we can.
I have to disagree with you here. I think Kris could definitely be a dark horse. He is original and if he puts together a performance like what Adam and Allison did this week I think he could win over the non teen girl support.

As far as Matt, he has a lot of talent and I could see him being successful after Idol, but he does not have the personality to win. The main difference to Kris and Matt, Kris was voted in to the top 12 by the fans and has not been in the bottom 3, where as Matt was put in by the judges and has already been voted in the bottom 3.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

That's true about Matt. I didn't think about him being a wild card choice. But him not getting votting in the initial stages i think were more to do to the fact that some of the others in that group kicked arse that week & the puerto rican guy was adorable!

Kris has a great raw voice but i still think he won't win. Best he'll ever be is Top 2. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree! Most of the idols this yr seem like a hardworking, genuine bunch so even if my fav doesn't win, it'll be ok because they all really deserve it.

BTW, how cute was Micheal tonight? He's always so funny!

And for the record i hate the 'judge's save thing'. They way they pretended to be considering Micheal's future was riduculous! We all know there's only a couple of people who they would save in a shock elimination!
Old 03-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones (View Post)
I have to disagree with you here. I think Kris could definitely be a dark horse. He is original and if he puts together a performance like what Adam and Allison did this week I think he could win over the non teen girl support.

As far as Matt, he has a lot of talent and I could see him being successful after Idol, but he does not have the personality to win. The main difference to Kris and Matt, Kris was voted in to the top 12 by the fans and has not been in the bottom 3, where as Matt was put in by the judges and has already been voted in the bottom 3.
I hope you're right about Kris, but for me [and apparently some of the judges as well ] the winner has been set already.
Kris would probably make it to the top 5 which he deserves, but right now where the competition's at - I don't see him getting higher than that.

As for Matt, I think a hype is being built.
Alexis and Jorge were voted by the viewers. And where are they now?
Anoop has a massive fan base and yet he was also voted in by the judges.
I'm not so sure the results really are what they give away on results night. Alison in the bottom 3? Why? Matt in the bottom 3 after 3 increasingly good weeks?

Old 03-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by |so alive| (View Post)
I hope you're right about Kris, but for me [and apparently some of the judges as well ] the winner has been set already.
Kris would probably make it to the top 5 which he deserves, but right now where the competition's at - I don't see him getting higher than that.

As for Matt, I think a hype is being built.
Alexis and Jorge were voted by the viewers. And where are they now?
Anoop has a massive fan base and yet he was also voted in by the judges.
I'm not so sure the results really are what they give away on results night. Alison in the bottom 3? Why? Matt in the bottom 3 after 3 increasingly good weeks?
Kris needs that performance that everyone will talk about if he wants to have a shot at winning. If he makes the right decisions he could pull it off.

I think Matt being in the bottom 2 was the best thing that could happen to him right now because even though he has been consistent every week, people don't seem to respond to him. This gave him the buzz that he needs right now.

Alexis was voted in because there were no other girls that were any good that week. Jorge's group was weak too. Allison being in the bottom 3 surprised me, but she knocked it out of the park on Wed. and I think she does no worse then fourth at this point.

I think the buzz is finally wearing off on Danny, Lil, and Scott, and I would not be surprised if one of them gets voted off this week.

By the way, I know I am giving Kris a lot of compliments, but in actuality I am rooting for Allison to win. I think she has an amazing voice and I would love to see her win.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Elite Fan

I think Danny going home isn't an option anytime soon. He's been consistently at the #1-#2 spots on dialidol.com. People really care for him, even though the judges are clearly starting to get over the Danny wonder.
Scott never really had a buzz. Just major sympathy.

Lil... Lil is a wonder to me. She had 2 really lousy weeks, her MJ performance wasn't that great also, and she's still being ranked at the top 5 for votes from the audience. That's really shocking.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

There's something strange going on with Matt. LOL I feel like the show is really pushing him, calling him a frontrunner when he isn't one and now they want us to believe he was b2 (I hardly believe that).
Clearly they want him to go far, but it doesn't look like the general audience is buying it yet.
Matt's good, but I guess what he lacks is charisma, stage presence and confidence. Maybe that's what's hurting him. Seems like Kris is in a better position and he really hasn't got the kind of comments and spots Matt has.

Anyway, I'm glad Matt didn't go home. He's clearly better than Scott or Michael. But I think it should have been Scott instead of Michael.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Seems like Kris is in a better position and he really hasn't got the kind of comments and spots Matt has.
Kris got some major positive comments in the past 2 weeks that were well deserved.

And what spots are those? Matt got the pimp spot once because that's how it goes. Every contestant gets the pimp spot at least once, assuming he's not eliminated before.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Elite Fan

Top 12 Matt was second to last, top 11 he got the pimp spot. That's pretty good stuff there. Kris has always been one of the first to go. I'm not saying Kris doesn't get good comments, but it's not in the level of Matt's. The judges call him a frontrunner but it doesn't seem like he's one in the eyes of the audience.
I'm not taking anything from Matt, I'm just saying it's strange he's not in a better position (especially if you compare him to Kris), it seems like there's a disconnection there between what the show wants him to be and what he is for the audience.

But there are still many episodes to go and a lot can happen.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

By the way didn't anyone else notice how much stage time Lil Rounds got in the reslts show performance? It was ridiculous! Some of the guys like Anoop n Danny didn't even sing a single solo note! Maybe i'm biased coz she's my least fav but i'm sure she got much more lines to sing that the rest!
Old 03-28-2009, 01:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugi (View Post)
Top 12 Matt was second to last, top 11 he got the pimp spot. That's pretty good stuff there. Kris has always been one of the first to go. I'm not saying Kris doesn't get good comments, but it's not in the level of Matt's. The judges call him a frontrunner but it doesn't seem like he's one in the eyes of the audience.
I'm not taking anything from Matt, I'm just saying it's strange he's not in a better position (especially if you compare him to Kris), it seems like there's a disconnection there between what the show wants him to be and what he is for the audience.

But there are still many episodes to go and a lot can happen.
Well then same could be said about Michael Johns. Everyone were looking at the Davids for the win, and no one really considered him to be part of the final 3 even though he always put solid performances which the judges usually liked, and he really was one of the judges front runners. America obviously didn't vote for him enough as he went home 5th, but you could tell how popular he was after getting voted off.
Matt may not be getting too much hype now, but that doesn't mean he goes unnoticed. Unfortunately, I think a huge percentage of the viewers of this season either go for Danny or Adam [and maybe Allison], so Matt's votes get lost in the way.
I don't really believe he had the 2nd lowest number of votes, just because they put him in the bottom 2 doesn't actually mean he was in the bottom 2, but if so - I would also blame the fact that Danny got not so great reviews [and the judges said the 2 are alike and so they probably share a fanbase] and also the fact that he went first. I don't know, let's wait and see for next week. I do believe though that Matt has more fans than Scott and even Megan
Quote:
Top 12 Matt was second to last, top 11 he got the pimp spot. That's pretty good stuff there.
But again, it's all about rotation. He's not gonna get the pimp spot next week or the week after, and odds are he'll be at the first half of performances while Kris would move to the second half.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:47 AM
Absolute Fan

I think either Danny or Adam will win.But I want Kris to get far.I think he can get into the top 3 maybe 4.If he improves he can get top 2.But i think Adam is the one to beat.Actually Kris and Matt are the ones to beat.Didnt Randy say that? I was just listening when it was on so i might have got it wrong.But Adam proved that he can sing any type of song.Then again so has Kris and Danny.

Vote for the sexy Kris Allen