Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2004, 09:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yes, thewb.com is advertising the release of Roswell Season One DVD. It is a pop up. :-D

Does anyone know for sure which songs were changed?

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2004, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so frickin' excited! Can't wait [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Camdish:
[QB]Received the set yesterday and was able to get through quite a bit last night. Lets start with the good news:

Picture. Quality is very good considering this was first recorded in 1999 with the images being sharp and colours vivid without being garish. Contrast is excellent with blacks coming over as solid and no bleeding along edges. The widescreen format (1.78:1) is great and the picture remains free of any artefacts unless you are looking very hard for them. 10/10
This is good to hear as a lot of times the digital transfers of TV shows use bad negatives that are full of pops, scratches and other things, I.E. Sex and City on a few of the seasons.

Quote:
Audio. Initially I was not impressed as I was expecting the Dolby Digital 5.1 audio to make more use of the rear speakers on my surround sound system. However it soon became evident that there is little in the way of sound effects in this set that would bring these in to play, as it is very dialogue heavy. In this respect the audio proved excellent with dialogue coming across as clear and precise even with loud background sounds. Those without surround systems will not miss out much here. 9/10
I noticed that the box says 5.1 surround sound... But not DISCRETE 5.1 which means separation of all five channels.

You confirmed what I was suspecting. Since this show was never meant for digital cable, it was probably only mixed in two (four maxtrixed) channel analogue Dolby Surround sound like most TV shows are. Oh, well.

I would have been nice of them to completely remaster the effects for DVD and really use the rear speakers more, but I doubt that much effort was put into these beyond the digital transfer quality.
Old 02-14-2004, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for all the info everyone. I have some questions. On amazon.uk I found a Region 2 DVD for Roswell season 1. I heard elsewhere that you can't play the Roswell DVDs in the UK without a multi-region player, but Region 2 is for the UK isn't it? Also does the Region 2 version have the same extras on it as the US DVDs?

Thanks for any help.
Old 02-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Loyal Fan

I'd like to switch gears for a sec and talk about the other 2 seasons:

Season 2 - What kind of cover art would you want this set to look like. I would love that one of the poster that is all blue and has Jason/Max looking up on it with the light. I could settle for this but add maybe Michael Isabel and Tess in the light would be a kewl cover art for that

I hope that Season 3 (if it comes,it better!)
should be 3 eps per discs that way it can span out to 6 discs equally cause 3/18 = 6. Would make more room for extras and quality and audio. Since that will be the final set. They better give us alot of comnmentaries and features. I think a good final goodie would be to have a commentary by all the 10 cast members (including colin hanks and emilie de ravin)
Emilie could do a commentary for 4 aliens and a Baby and Colin could do one for Significant Others
plus the rest of the 8 cast members could do some commentaries followed by some of the writers,Jason Katims, etc. Plus I hope that Jonathon Frakes does a commentary on Season 2 or 3. Maybe he should do one on Secrets and Lies. He could talk about the crossover, the ep or him being apart of Roswell.
Old 02-14-2004, 04:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Camdish great info. Thanks!
OBSESSED JB FAN #89

"The excitement is in not knowing what is next." ~ Jason Behr
Old 02-14-2004, 05:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Has anyone been to Wal-Mart or a place like curcuit city and best buy,etc an see any early copies there. I am gonna try tommorrow at those plcs. I hope it will be there
Old 02-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Well I called Best buy in my area and they said they did have it but sold out? I not quite sure on that one. everywhere else I called they said they come out Tuesday. I am going to be getting two. One at the store and one though fox store online. Do you think that sales are going to be high? I hope so. If they are maybe they will think that they should do a movie. What do you think?

Carol
#154 OBSESSED JB FAN
Icon by mesmerise
Old 02-15-2004, 12:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the very informative review camdish. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I disagree with the Japanese cover art being better.I think ours rocks! The art captures everything that season one was for me-mysterious, charming, magical,romantic,suspenseful.The Japanese art to me is plain and boring.No colors,no images pulled together to create a feeling of wonder in anyone.That is MHO. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I don't even have a DVD player! But I will most likely buy one just so I could watch the DVD's. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Dreamer Candygirl Stargazer Polarist
Old 02-15-2004, 01:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yes!! I got my early copy today at Wal-Mart!!! Everyone go check their local stores! I was totally flipping out, I was like "are yall allowed to sell this to me early?" and the girl at the counter thing thought I was crazy she was like "if it has the barcode on it, then yes you can buy it".

I wish it had more special features on it, but the two behind the scene things are kind of neat where the producers and people talk. I am kind of mad that Alex wasn't on a disk cover but sheriff valenti was, but other then that, I won't say anything else for right now.
Old 02-15-2004, 03:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by IsabelEvans83:
<STRONG>Yes!! I got my early copy today at Wal-Mart!!! Everyone go check their local stores! I was totally flipping out, I was like "are yall allowed to sell this to me early?" and the girl at the counter thing thought I was crazy she was like "if it has the barcode on it, then yes you can buy it".</STRONG>
You shouldn't have said that! What if she realised and then didn't sell it to you? Then you would have been on the edge of hysteria knowing that you could have bought it if you didn't say anything. Its a good thing you were able to get it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by PHMustang2000:
<STRONG>I hope that Season 3 (if it comes,it better!)
should be 3 eps per discs that way it can span out to 6 discs equally cause 3/18 = 6.</STRONG>
Were there only 18 eps in S3? That sucks. I hope it doesn't cost as much as a season with the full 22 eps [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I was also wondering about the season 3 final, I think I remember hearing that they were going to have a longer final but it was cut or something. Was the rest of the ep actually filmed, or was it just written but never got to the filming stage? Because if it was filmed, it would be cool to have a longer uncut final on the DVD.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Thanks for the review Camdish [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img] I can't wait to get mine [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2004, 08:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by IsabelEvans83:
<STRONG>Yes!! I got my early copy today at Wal-Mart!!! Everyone go check their local stores! I was totally flipping out, I was like "are yall allowed to sell this to me early?" and the girl at the counter thing thought I was crazy she was like "if it has the barcode on it, then yes you can buy it".

I wish it had more special features on it, but the two behind the scene things are kind of neat where the producers and people talk. I am kind of mad that Alex wasn't on a disk cover but sheriff valenti was, but other then that, I won't say anything else for right now.</STRONG>
Hey, thanks fr that information. I am going to my local walmart today at 2pm with my sister. Damn I have to wait til she gets off work. I could leave right now but I don't want to make 2 trips. Anyway thnks for the info. I am gonna check my walmart. When you went..how many copies where out?
Old 02-15-2004, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all the info! I really hope to get it for all the extra stuff but Im not sure I can get it here. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 02-15-2004, 11:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by antisocial:
<STRONG>Thanks for all the info everyone. I have some questions. On amazon.uk I found a Region 2 DVD for Roswell season 1. I heard elsewhere that you can't play the Roswell DVDs in the UK without a multi-region player, but Region 2 is for the UK isn't it? Also does the Region 2 version have the same extras on it as the US DVDs?</STRONG>
Amazon.co.uk sell Region 2 DVD's which are for the European market. These will play on any DVD player bought in Europe. The Region 1 DVD's are for the US/Canadian market and will only play on a European purchased player if it has been converted to multiregion.

At this point in time it looks like the extras on both R1 & R2 sets will be the same.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread