Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2004, 11:09 AM
Master Fan

Roswell Official DVD Thread #2: It's Finally Here!!! Happy DVD Day!

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephan R:
FOX has set up a Roswell site for the DVD and man, its so awesome...

Thanks to Shapeshifter for finding this, FOX DVD Web pages!!
[img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]
I resized FOX's avatars to fit FF. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

This way back to the other thread for great links and reviews!

Japanese Roswell DVD covers

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited LongTimeFan ]
“I’m drawn more towards independent-minded things because I think that’s where the most interesting stories are. But, it doesn’t really matter to me if it’s a big-budget thing, or a small little bare-bones movie that I have to pay to be in. For me, it’s more about the story and the character than anything else.”
~ Jason Behr
Old 02-12-2004, 11:28 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread Liz, I edited the title, I thought the timer thing would be cute [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 02-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

Thanks, Jen, I hadn't even noticed. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] You're going to have to change it yourself - I'll never get back here to alter the title countdown myself. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited LongTimeFan ]
“I’m drawn more towards independent-minded things because I think that’s where the most interesting stories are. But, it doesn’t really matter to me if it’s a big-budget thing, or a small little bare-bones movie that I have to pay to be in. For me, it’s more about the story and the character than anything else.”
~ Jason Behr
Old 02-12-2004, 12:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Negra Luna:
<STRONG>CC--I totally agree with you. While I understand due to copyright/money/whatever issues, some key songs had to be sacrificed, it still sucks. Watching those episode will not be the same.</STRONG>
Ya, I was actually debating buying the DVD's since I'm like poor and I have all the epi's taped with the same songs included, but I think I'll just turn down the DVD when the new songs come on and play the old ones on the CD player! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That's my plan, it won't be the same, but you can't win them all... I do really hate that though....

Trying to figure out how to scrape up enough money to buy the freaking DVD's, it's so sad being a college student sucks money wise...
Old 02-12-2004, 01:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Whoo hoo! I'm so excited here! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

On that review on the 11th page of the other thread, the site said "Overall score - 7 (not average), what does that mean? Is it above average or below average? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Stephan
Old 02-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Total Fan

I just found out about the dvds yesterday! I am extremely excited about this! I haven't seen any of the eps in a long time. Watching these will be like seeing them for the first time. I'm looking soooo forward to Tuesday. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Icon by Elya
Old 02-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Getting super excited!!! [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img]

#34 OBSESSED JB FAN

Come and see why we are so fabulous!
My space
Old 02-12-2004, 04:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey *Krissy*, [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Nat and Sarah! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]s

I'm going to pre-order my DVD's today yay!!!

[img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img]

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited TeddyBehr Angel ]

Oh yeah, O officer I'm looking for this watcher, she was following this guy who lives forever and now she's disappeared. ~ Joe Dawson

>>--398-->
Old 02-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Absolute Fan

I still have to wait a month for mine!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Addicted Fan

I cant wait..4 more days

Old 02-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Loyal Fan

I pre ordered mine on amazon and they said that it will be delivered to me around March 25-27.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Win S1 Roswell at Zap2it.com Go here to sign up for the drawing.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:51 PM
Extreme Fan

I think I'm gonna cry as I walk up to it in the store [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Buffyverse 1997 - Now & Forever
"I have promises to keep... and miles to go before I sleep."
Old 02-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

Seeing as I have the DVDs I'd have to say that I expect everyone to be very pleased with the set and treasure it even with some music removed. And the IMO pretty awful DVD covers, especially when compared to Japanese version

Chat about the X-Files (the greatest show of all time) here!
Old 02-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Loyal Fan

We fought and fought for this show to be on DVD and Fox is finally giving us what we wanted. So what if there is some adjusting to be made. Its better to have adjusted to a show than no show at all. Do you all want to walk into stores and not see Roswell on the shelfs? What's wrong with you people. They did their best and for me the fact that it is in widescreen and 5.1 surround sound makes it worth it with that alone. I mean they didn't even release Smallville - Season 1 DVD in 5.1 surround sound. I know this cause I have the set (ducks)but that is a ++ in my book.They are even releasing the other two seasons as well and they will prob have music adjustments. It is just apart of this thing. I don't know why the certain songs won't appear on the dvd like in Independence Day - where Michael stands in the rain. The song was in both Varsity Blues and Not Another Teen Movie. This is the only song I din't understand. I am going to Wal-mart,Curcuit City and the mall on Sunday, Monday and def Tuesday and look for copies. I would love to make all of you fans captures but my damn computer has been broken for over two months (on my mom's which still sucks. I can't do captures on this one too.) If I could I would be here making captures and albums to share to all of you. I can however scan pictures because I have a scanner so I can scan like the front, which we have seen. The back of the cover,the discs, the thin cases,etc. I'll do this ASAP when I get the set. Since I can't capture the episodes can someone who has it already capture like the menu's and stuff and post it here? When I get it I'll also do a in-depth review of the set. Have fun everyone and cherish this set like the friggin "holy grail" I know I am, all 3 seasons.
~PHMustang2000