Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2018, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it's using nostalgia all right . You know,I say "it was better back in the good old days", (and I'm not the only one who says that!), and not just for tv shows. Sure I appreciate internet, downloading stuff, watching movies on my computer and so on... but at the same time, there seems to be something missing, and something that was not too long ago. I mean, Roswell wasn't that long ago. Same for the other shows which are being rebooted.

A guy wrote a book, in France, to say that no, it wasn't better back in the days. So why is there this nostalgia? Why all those reboots, in series and movies? In France, those last 15 years, there's been huge and successful concerts about singers from the 70's, 80's and 90's doing tours (not sure if it exists elsewhere), so it exists in music too. Because I think that people feel instinctively that the 80's or 90's were better, not in technology but for all the rest, in plenty of domains.

Voila, that was my little philosophy speech for today.

Apart from that, I hope this new pic means what I hope it means! That B+T is at least given a pilot. Wouldn't it be hilarious if the same year, there was a Roswell reboot pilot and a pilot based on the show but with a completly new concept BUT with the original actors?

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 02-02-2018, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

The news of the new Roswell sucks and especially the non-news of B+T

HOWEVER, it's a good time to be a Candy fan because ~

AND

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-02-2018, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree the reason why things are classic is because they touch something deep within us!

Good music never gets old it gets better with time! Same with good TV shows and movies.

I think they do remakes no a days because the creativity is lost and gone. There is no imagination. I mean I think that is why people go oh that song or TV show was great lets revisit it. However somethings you can't revisit.

I love that B&T is different and original! I hope Majandra creative projects gets made an I love the fact that she is asking her best freind Brendan to be apart of that creative process!

I really hope B&T gets picked up and the NEW Roswell crashes and burns!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 02-02-2018, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I think they do remakes no a days because the creativity is lost and gone. There is no imagination. I mean I think that is why people go oh that song or TV show was great lets revisit it. However somethings you can't revisit.

Yep I've sadly come to terms with Hollywood's lack of originality. The amount of times they've talked about remaking The Crow drove me crazy

Quote:
I love that B&T is different and original! I hope Majandra creative projects gets made an I love the fact that she is asking her best freind Brendan to be apart of that creative process!

I really hope B&T gets picked up and the NEW Roswell crashes and burns!

Baron and Toluca should be the only focus right now. Stupid writers thinking we care about a fake Roswell

I love that Melinda Metz would choose Brendan and Majandra for her romantic movie leads. Originals sticking together
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-02-2018, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Yep I've sadly come to terms with Hollywood's lack of originality. The amount of times they've talked about remaking The Crow drove me crazy
Aw the Crow don't even get me started on that! There is NO way they can EVER do that movie justice! Brandon Lee performance was haunting and beautiful! No way could a remake could hold a candle to that piece of art!

Quote:
Baron and Toluca should be the only focus right now. Stupid writers thinking we care about a fake Roswell

I love that Melinda Metz would choose Brendan and Majandra for her romantic movie leads. Originals sticking together
I agree if Melinda Metz the original writer of the Roswell High books is all for B&T and not for the fake Roswell you know the fake Roswell is bad!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 02-03-2018, 05:21 AM
Elite Fan

Melinda Metz said that? That's so great! Not only that she thinks that but also that she is still, apparently, in contact with MD and BF. I have to say that this picture of the two of them is so great, the chemistry is still there, candies, it's still there ! I'll send that pic to Angel, she'll love it!

But hourrah to Melinda Metz who knew the fantastic chemistry for her Michael and Maria we due in large parts to MD and BF. And also for her to aknowledge that it still exists, to the point where she would want them to play again together.

Old 02-03-2018, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag (View Post)
Melinda Metz said that? That's so great! Not only that she thinks that but also that she is still, apparently, in contact with MD and BF. I have to say that this picture of the two of them is so great, the chemistry is still there, candies, it's still there ! I'll send that pic to Angel, she'll love it!

But hourrah to Melinda Metz who knew the fantastic chemistry for her Michael and Maria we due in large parts to MD and BF. And also for her to aknowledge that it still exists, to the point where she would want them to play again together.

Yes and Nick Wechsler is best friends with Majandra's husband. So cute how the cast and crew are like a family.

Melinda Metz is awesome for saying that Majandra was pleased. Everyone is still obsessed with her and Brendan's chemistry.

Quote:
Aw the Crow don't even get me started on that! There is NO way they can EVER do that movie justice! Brandon Lee performance was haunting and beautiful! No way could a remake could hold a candle to that piece of art!

My thoughts exactly It's insane how Hollywood's ego is so big that they think they can even match the original, let alone surpass it.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-03-2018, 07:47 AM
Elite Fan

Chemistry is subjective, of course, sometimes people see things that aren't there and it's more wishful thinking. And sometimes, it's real, really real and it's great when that happens in shows where the actor and actress are supposed to be an on screen couple. It's hard to take seriously a tv couple when the actors have no chemistry.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Absolutely

And Brendan and Majandra's history together is so sizzling. They began with her begging Jason Katims not to put them together because she knew MM had happened in the books, in Jason's words she said Brendan "was a jerk, don't hook me up with him" and so of course when she said that, he KNEW "there was something there" and of course it led to the explosive on-screen chemistry that fans were addicted to

And I think it also helped that Brendan and Majandra had a long-standing on/off real-life romance.

Donald Moore (a Roswell director) said on the DVD that Majandra had a lot of off-screen tension with the actress who played Courtney because she had a crush on Brendan when she came on to the show, and it was an awkward on AND off screen love triangle

And it's so cute that Brendan and Majandra have remained close friends for all these years.

Wow that was long-winded
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-03-2018, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh dear! How did they know the actress had a crush on him? Did she announce it

Well, I guess that tension played out well on-screen

Old 02-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Thats hysterical that the actress Sara Downing who played Courtney had a crush on Brendan and how Majandra didn't like it. I am glad it played well on screen.

I am so glad that Brendan and Majandra have remanded best friends. From lovers to Best friends! They are like family now!

I also love how Majandra was the one who set Brendan up with his wife!

I love their connection and I love how they are eachothers #1 fan and support one another!
Old 02-05-2018, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

It's funny that there are such an history off screen, between the actors, that it was not just colleagues working together, you see what I mean? There were feelings, stories to tell even years later. See, I didn't know about the actress playing Courtney having a crush on BF and MD not liking it.

Any other anecdotes to share?

Old 02-05-2018, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, I love little stories like this!

I always have to remind myself that they were also teenagers while filming, so of course there would be some drama behind the scenes

Old 02-05-2018, 11:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Majandra is a year older then me. She is 36 years old soon to be 37.

When they filmed she was like 17 or 18 when they filmed the pilot and the youngest on set before Emiie came along.

Brendan was four years older then Majandra. He was 21 or 22 when they filmed the pilot. I can't believe he is now 40 years old.

They both look amazing for their age!

I am so glad they still keep in touch and are so close.

From Lovers to being kindred spirit Sister & Brother Best Friends Forever Always Sweet Candies!
Old 02-06-2018, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

I know that the actors get old, like us, but thanks to DVD, we still see Michael and Maria as those teenagers. Kind of weird, huh? Although I have to admit that BF and MD age well, so I don't mind seeing them and still picturing them as Michael and Maria, only older.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread