Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2018, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by candygurl1718 (View Post)
Hi Candies! Glad to see this board and thread still active.

Hi Mag - hope you're doing well!!
Mel is that you? How are you? It's been sooooo long! i'm fine, thanks. I am recovering from surgery so I rest, which is fine .

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 01-28-2018, 07:33 AM
Passionate Fan

I know it's been forever - time has been flying by!

Surgery? Hope it was nothing major and you're healing fast!

I heard the rumors about a roswelll reboot and Baron & Toluca. A roswell reboot without the originals...nope! (I feel this way about all reboots without the original cast - its just not going to be the same). But i'd love to see B&T happen! Majandra and Brenden obviously have such great chemistry. It'd be different, but awesome!
Old 01-28-2018, 10:21 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Hope you are recovery fast!

The reboot to me is not a reboot it is a whole new show under the same name! The concept is totally different! The CW want you to think it is a reboot to get the Roswell fans excited but it is not! It is a new show!

I know a lot of Roswell fans are not happy!

I am hoping the porject crashes and burns and dies before the pilot is filmed!

Look at what happened with Star Crossed! They makde sure a hype over that show and it crashed and burned in 13 episodes!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 01-28-2018, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag (View Post)
Yeah, all those remakes, or reboots or whatever, it's crazy. I Wonder what's really going on in Hollywood. I mean, that's not natural, what's happening, right? To reboot all those old shows, it never happened before, is there a crisis in Hollywood, apart from the Weinstein one, of course? Like, Something wrong with writers, or the networks not wanting to take risks on new shows and favoring established brands?
It's strange- it's like, a total fad. But what a strange fad. On one hand it's fun to see these classic shows being brought back with the original casts! Like Will & Grace, too.

But this other fad of 'reboots' that aren't really reboots, that's the weird one - and the lazy one IMO.

Quote:
Hi Candies! Glad to see this board and thread still active.

Long time no see!

And Mag, hope you're ok!

Old 01-29-2018, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I know it's been forever - time has been flying by!

Surgery? Hope it was nothing major and you're healing fast!

I heard the rumors about a roswelll reboot and Baron & Toluca. A roswell reboot without the originals...nope! (I feel this way about all reboots without the original cast - its just not going to be the same). But i'd love to see B&T happen! Majandra and Brenden obviously have such great chemistry. It'd be different, but awesome!
Yeah, times sure flies by so fast. Yeah, I had surgery about d10 days ago, Nothing serious but I'll be left with a large scar in the back. I have at least 3 weeks of rest, until the stitches are removed.

Yep, two big Roswell news, the reboot, or so far, a pilot. Let's hope it will die and not be picked up as a show. All we know is that it will feature Young adults, with a main alien character who is a police officer and Liz who is from a family of illegal immigrants so I suppose she won't be a Parker, but her original name from the books.

Not really interested in that reboot, Roswell was also a success because of the actors, their chemistry with each other and the love stories. Nowadays love stories on tv do not interest me. Way too much cheating and bed hopping.

B+T is a project written by MD and with MD and BF as main actors. We don't know where it's going. I know that MD and BF are trying to sell a pilot.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think they've said anything new recently, which stinks! But what can you do. I know people are still doing work out there to get them noticed.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:23 AM
Elite Fan

The pilot of the reboot is happening on the CW by the same person who makes The Original, be afraid, be very afraid:

‘Roswell’ Reboot Among 6 CW Pilot Orders For Record Total Of 9 Pilots | Deadline

Young adults, a Liz who might not be a Parker and who was the one to have a crush on the alien, not the contrary, unless I misunderstood it. No mention of the others characters (here's my hope that there are no Michael and Maria in this version!).

Old 01-31-2018, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Here's an update from (a clearly irritated) Majandra Delfino ~

I couldn't give a rat's about a non-reboot or whatever this Roswell show classifies itself as. Just GIVE US BARON AND TOLUCA
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-31-2018, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

In a way, I hope that there are no Max and LIz and no Michael and Maria. New characters, with just the concept created by Melinda Metz (since it's still based on her books).

What was Liz's name in the books, Ortega? Or another, I don't remember. If she is named Liz but not Parker, that would help differenciate from OUR beloved show. But at the same time, I fear that Roswell was enough of a famous show that the creators of the reboot would rather use the names that MADE the show, aka Michael and Maria, Max and Liz, Isabel, Alex, Valenti father and son...

Old 01-31-2018, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag (View Post)
In a way, I hope that there are no Max and LIz and no Michael and Maria. New characters, with just the concept created by Melinda Metz (since it's still based on her books).

I get the sense from her tone in these tweets that Majandra couldn't care less about this Roswell reboot. She wants Baron and Toluca confirmed as much as the rest of us. It sucks.

Quote:
What was Liz's name in the books, Ortega? Or another, I don't remember. If she is named Liz but not Parker, that would help differenciate from OUR beloved show. But at the same time, I fear that Roswell was enough of a famous show that the creators of the reboot would rather use the names that MADE the show, aka Michael and Maria, Max and Liz, Isabel, Alex, Valenti father and son...

I do think they will capitalize on the success of the original by marketing it in similar ways to the original to cleverly trick old Roswell fans into watching it, fooling them into thinking it's some sort of sequel. If the writers do the same thing, I'm fully embarrassed for them.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-31-2018, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes Liz's last name was Ortega in the Roswell High books.

I agree I want B&T more then this crazy stupid reboot I mean New show! If Majandra is not on board and the original cast you know this New Show Reboot is not worth it!

B&T all the way!

Don't mess with the original Roswell fans CW we will be out in full force if this "Reboot" happens!

As TV Guide said back in the day after the 2000 Tabasco Champaign:

"We're not saying anything mean because Roswell fans scare us a little."
~ TV Guide.

Dame straight! 19 years later we still believe!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 02-01-2018, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

I remember that sentence, about the journalists being afraid of Roswell fans . Yeah, that Roswell reboot... sigh, god I hope it doesn't get picked up as a show. And if it does, no M&L and no M&M. Just no. New characters, new names, just use Roswell and the concept from the books but not our characters.

Anyone knows when we'll know more about it? When is that pilot supposed to air?

Old 02-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Don't know yet if it'll air in the fall or mid-season. Ugh.

And it sounds like she's going to name them exactly like in the books, so Liz will be Liz Ortega, but that means no Tess (?) and that Max, Michael and Maria will have the same names. Not cool.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Actually in the book there was a forth alien. In the TV show they added a forth alien and named her Tess.

I hope the Reboot aka NEW show fails or the project is dead!

Moving on to more uplifting things

New B&T news or hints were posted today! Brendan posted this new photo on twitter and Facebook today!

Quote:
"Something’s brewing & it ain’t coffee." Brendan via Facebook & Twitter...

https://twitter.com/unrealfehr/statu...44117118627840

https://www.facebook.com/brendanfehr...type=3&theater
I hope this is a sign of good things to come! Fingers crossed!
Old 02-02-2018, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
And it sounds like she's going to name them exactly like in the books, so Liz will be Liz Ortega, but that means no Tess (?) and that Max, Michael and Maria will have the same names. Not cool.

I've gotten used to the fact that we're living in a time where reboots & sequels are the thing that *has* to happen (even though it doesn't), but I really take issue with the fact that they're relying upon fan nostalgia of the previous installment to lure people in, when it has nothing to do with the original cast.

Same goes for PARTY OF FIVE and SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH reboots. Relying on nostalgia but alienates the original fan base by shutting out the originals.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Closed Thread   Post New Thread