Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2024, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Aw Kyle in Graduation was the best. He made me cry with is Dad.

I love how Liz and Kyle eventually became good friends even if they dated. They realized they were not meant to be but still cared for each other.

Kyle was like the brother Liz never had and I love how Max even healed Kyle when he was shot.

I think Kyle was a good friend to Max and he knew it so he healed him.

I think in Blind Date they bonded and became friends that night. Yes it was over Liz but still a good friendship came from it.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, Kyle came a long way. And it was sad to see the last scene with Kyle and Jim. But yeah, Kyle and Liz realized they were better as friends. And they were. You could tell from the beginning that Liz did not really see something there with Kyle. But they tried. But Max coming into her life, changed everything for her.

Her dark hair mystery man.

Kyle still was not sure about Max after that episode. But after the shooting at the UFO Center, everything changed.

And Kyle slowly saw what it all was.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

It was an emotional episode for sure so bad we didn't get S4
Old 01-19-2024, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We got our happy ending (mostly), but there was so much more they could have done. I really wanted to see the fallout of Graduation day. The reactions of the parents. A lot went down in the three years, and there was so much possibilities.
Old 01-19-2024, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Yes, so many possibilities!!! luckily there are some fics
Old 01-20-2024, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And with the passage of time, you can look at back then differently. But yeah, the fanfiction that exist do help. Because there was so many possibilities.
Old 01-23-2024, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes glad we have the fan fiction. I remember writing one that takes place after graduation.

I know the two Roswell books written by Andy Mangels & Michael A. Martin; VG that everyone said should have been season 4 if we had gotten a season 4.

They were a two part book series that came out in 2003 and were entitled Pursuit and Turnabout. You can actually get them on Ebay and Amazon. They are really hard to find but the story was very well done.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 01-24-2024, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

So bad that at that point everyone just wanted the show to end even though it was understandable
Old 01-24-2024, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It really was a show before's time. If only it had come later... It might have been more successful.

Thankfully we were lucky to get what we did. Even if some of the stories could have been better, but thankfully for Jason and Shiri. We got a onscreen couple to savor.
Old 01-24-2024, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I am not sure if it came later if it would have been as good. Most shows at that point were more concerned with couples pairing and the flavor of the week. Like Vampier Diaries.

Plus social media would have destroyed a lot.

I enjoy how it was more of an innocent time.
Old 01-25-2024, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was before its time. Because of course, of the subject matter. In the world of Dawson and even though there was Buffy. Still, Roswell was a different show. Of course, the cast made us keep rooting even when we were being alienated because of the certain storylines LOL.

Who knows what would have happened. Yeah, social media can be evil. But it can support a show. And it get it more known, instead of it's more cult status.

It was a more innocent time.
Old 01-25-2024, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree I think if the WB gave Roswell more of a chance or supposed it more like they did Buffy and Dawsons Creek we might have had a chance. However they wanted to cancel it from day one and it originally was going to last one season.

Thank goodness we got three seasons and a pretty good ending. I loved the characters so much I had to see how it ended even with the bad storylines.
Old 01-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well it was a business. And the ratings weren't great. So there were reasons for losing interest in the show, once it started to struggle. Fortunately, fans waged a fight and we got more. But once things didn't get better in Season 2. WB lost interest, and were not motivated to save it again.

With UPN wanting Buffy, they arranged a deal. But UPN had even less ratings and known quality compared to Buffy, and the fans weren't there. Of course, those who had watched Season 2 might not have been motivated to continue on, even if they could watch it, assuming they had UPN.

CW which came later, made it quite a business for Roswell type of shows. And if it had come later, maybe it would have been more of a hit. One never knows.

Of course, our version was special. And it was a more innocent time.

But we are lucky to get three seasons, when yeah, it could have ended in Season 1.
Old 01-27-2024, 04:19 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I think our show just needed more support and maybe it would ave thrived.

However after seeing the reboot I am so glad we got the story and cast we got. We got very lucky.

Not to say the reboot didn't have it's moments I loved the 1947 storyline but it down;t have the magic our show had. Jason and Shiri were Max and Liz no one else could play them!
Old 01-27-2024, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Of course everything is unknown. Our version was a unique one because it was based on them as teenagers. Which made it a lot more dangerous, and angsty. If you are in your twenties, you should have your life more together...

Of course, it's television. So rarely do any character have their act together. But our version was more interesting...

Season 1 of the reboot had its moments. They obviously had their view of the characters, and stories, and did not want to go in ways that might have been better. It was very different which was good.

It might have been a different show if it came later, but I think also if Katims was later in his career than at the beginning. He might have had more pull to do his vision of the show, than having the network interfering. There were a lot there that could have been better. Who knows what it might have been...

But fortunately, we were lucky. It's 20 years later, and we still love the show. Flaws and all. And the cast.

Thankfully for the cast to give us a memorable time.
Reply   Post New Thread