Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Elite Fan

Hello guys!
I got my hands on Twilight and New Moon last week and practically didn't sleep until I read them. I'm hooked and now I'm drumming my fingers on the desk impatiently waiting for Eclipse.

I'm a big vampire fan, ever since I was a kid, so it's not a surprise I got hooked so easily. I did cringe few times at some of the 'modifications' of the vampires myth, but all in all it's bearable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Believer (View Post)
I still think Gaspard would be perfect for Edward And, he doesn't look that old.
I couldn't agree more. He's perfect for the role.
And where do they plan to find someone who looks the part, can act, has enough charisma and is younger than 21?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daritah (View Post)
I really like the idea of Bella and Jacob together, hence my fears I was re-reading New Moon, since I have no life, and I discovered myself rooting for Jacob to kiss her in both times they almost kiss. I find that romance more believable now. With Edward, Bella looks like she's obsessed or something. I know he's the most gorgeous person alive and all of that, and that they really do love each other, but the way it's put there, I just can't help but think that it's too needy, and one sided. Not that he doesn't love her, but it really looks like she's doing all the sacrifices. I'm pretty sure none of you will agree with me
I've completely fallen for Jacob. If Bella doesn't want him, I'll be glad to take him over (once he turns legal that is).

I really enjoyed their friendship, and I do hope they'll find a way to make it work now that she's back with Edward.

I think the problems with New Moon, if I can call it a problem, is that we only got to see Bella's side. We have almost no idea what Edward was going through. I do believe he thinks they loose their souls when they are turned and he doesn't want her to be eternally damned. And after the incident at her birthday party he realized how dangerous it can get for her around his family, so I do believe he was trying to protect her by leaving.

Both of them, Edward and Jacob, are doing things she doesn't like (leaving/returning her motorcycle so Charlie could see it) because they think it's best for her.
I don't really blame none of them for their actions.

There was only one thing that bugged me in New Moon - when Edward didn't let Bella hug Jacob goodbye. I know he doesn't like werewolves and is maybe even jealous. But Jacob is her best friend, and was there to pick up the pieces when Edward left, so he better suck it up and let her keep her friends. The situation is complicated enough without him going all alpha-male.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I can't seem to be remember one almost kiss. one was in the car in front of Bella's and the other one?
The other one was in the kitchen, right before Edward call.

Quote:
She is sacrificing a lot. She wants to turn into a vampire for him, that they can stay together 'til the end of time etc. She is putting him in the first place. On the other hand: She is his life, he wanted to end his because he thought she was dead. Nothing worth to live for. I am not sure what kind of sacrifices he could make
I don't know... see, I can't even find arguments here But, for lack of better word, I miss seeing the 'human' side of Edward. He's too perfect. That was fine with me in the first book, but in the way it was putted in the New Moon... I don't know. I can't really see why Bella didn't want any sort of explanation when they got together at the end of New Moon.

I know she was suffering like hell, and that just a few seconds wit hhim and she would be happy and all of that, but I can't help but think it was too rushed, you know? Maybe that's why I'm falling more for her stary with Jacob than Edward

Quote:
Can't you just pre-order it?
The fact that I don't live in the US makes pre-ordering very expansive I had my friend to send me New Moon! Maybe she'll be a good girl and she'll send me Eclipse too

Quote:
I've completely fallen for Jacob. If Bella doesn't want him, I'll be glad to take him over (once he turns legal that is)
I so don't care about the whole age thing

Quote:
There was only one thing that bugged me in New Moon - when Edward didn't let Bella hug Jacob goodbye. I know he doesn't like werewolves and is maybe even jealous. But Jacob is her best friend, and was there to pick up the pieces when Edward left, so he better suck it up and let her keep her friends. The situation is complicated enough without him going all alpha-male.
I was kind of mad at Edward for that too. We could see he was truly greatful for Jacob for having kept Bella safe and all of that, and he can see that Bella only has eyes for him and no one else, so, why the heck did he had to do that? He doesn't like werewolfs, okay, but that doesn't mean he's not her friend. It can work out. I just hope it does.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andie-
Ann I was so impatient. My amazon order took ages, so I ended up canceling it and going to the bookstore instead
I'm pretty impatient, too Once, I got hooked onto Twilight, I didn't want to wait too long for New Moon.

Quote:
I added you!
Thanks

Quote:
I don't even know her: I need to check her out on imdb *gone*
She's Julia Roberts' niece. Emma is in the new Nancy Drew movie. I personally don't think she would be a good Bella and I think Stephenie agrees now, since she had a blog over on myspace about the issue.

Quote:
Your thoughts?
I really like the first chapter. It's making me very excited about Eclipse coming out. I don't have any idea how Bella is going to able to see Jacob without Edward knowing. Edward seems to be dead set on not letting Bella anywhere near him, but I can understand why he is so worried. But, I don't think Jacob would be do any harm to Bella at all. I have a soft spot for Jacob, too.

I heard that this book is kind of like Wuthering Heights, while New Moon was kind of like Romeo and Juliet. I'm looking forward to Rosalie and Jasper's back story, especially Rosalie and why she acts the way she does towards Bella.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike it up

And where do they plan to find someone who looks the part, can act, has enough charisma and is younger than 21?
I don't know. Besides, a lot of actors look younger than their age and they can easily past as teenagers.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for adding me to the list Andie .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike it up (View Post)
I'm a big vampire fan, ever since I was a kid, so it's not a surprise I got hooked so easily. I did cringe few times at some of the 'modifications' of the vampires myth, but all in all it's bearable.
Me too actually. I'm a vampire book/movie/tv show whore and I am quite used to the different takes on the whole thing. But I found the whole part about them being able to go into the sun and nothing happened apart from them going all disco ball a little disconcerting. But like I did for Joss, I got over those niggly little things fairly quickly .

Quote:
The fact that I don't live in the US makes pre-ordering very expansive I had my friend to send me New Moon! Maybe she'll be a good girl and she'll send me Eclipse too
I have the same problem. I didn't have to wait for New Moon though, I was a little slow on the uptake when it came to the Twilight series and by the time I was convinced by Ria to go get the books they were both already out. The wait for Eclipse may just kill me however.

I haven't been reading anything on Stephenie's website. Not the quotes and certainly not the first chapter. Normally I love to spoil myself because we are so behind everyone here in Aus and I hate being left out () but I know if I read the first chapter it'll just make the wait seem even longer.

And I agree, Emma Roberts would be a horrible Bella. I vote for Emily Browning or a random unknown. Or you know... me .
Old 07-17-2007, 03:17 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andie- (View Post)
Twilight Fans are everywhere Welcome to the thread Krystal
Yeah it's crazy, a few months back I thought we were just a few ones, but since then I found out that there's a lot of people who love the books or had read them... it's crazy

Quote:
Me neither. What do you think about the first chapter?
I find it interesting and in the same way, Stephenie shows directly what's the book going to be, meaning something between Edward, Bella and Jacob. Sure we don't know all the stuff and there's going to be a lot more but still. Plus with the vampire thing, Edward gonna be a lot protective. I don't really know, i guess i'm too excited about it and i just want august to be already there to read the book

Quote:
Sure! I added you
Thanks

"You're part of my entity, here for infinity..."
icon
Old 07-17-2007, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara99 (View Post)
Thanks Andie

I am enjoy it very much. I just got the book and I almost finished it, only 3 or 4 more chapters. I didn't have that much time, but otherwise I would have read it in one day, now it took me 3 afternoons I am going to conitnue in a minute...
It's good to have you over here

*lol* That's what I did with New Moon... after I finally got my hands on a copy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara99 (View Post)
I am sad that I am almost finished with the book and don't have New Moon yet...Hopefully by the end of next week I can start reading New Moon
I hope you'll get New Moon soon. Waiting after you've finished Twilight sucks big time. At least you don't have to wait very long for Eclipse after you read New Moon *bg*

Quote:
Hello guys!
Welcome to the thread Cris Do you want to be added to the fans list as well? *bg*

Quote:
I got my hands on Twilight and New Moon last week and practically didn't sleep until I read them. I'm hooked and now I'm drumming my fingers on the desk impatiently waiting for Eclipse.
The books are like drugs... very addictive

Quote:
Totally agree. Gaspard is perfect *love* He is 'my' Edward.

Not sure about the second part... they just shouldn't look at the age and choose Gaspard *bg*

Quote:
I've completely fallen for Jacob. If Bella doesn't want him, I'll be glad to take him over (once he turns legal that is).
*lol* Yeah, Jacob is quiet young, but very mature for his age. I loved the explanation we got from Charlie about that. Sometimes you totally forget his age.

Quote:
I really enjoyed their friendship, and I do hope they'll find a way to make it work now that she's back with Edward.
Me too. They need to work it out. He's been her best friend for the past month. They have been through a lot together, you can't put that away just because Edward returned.

Quote:
I think the problems with New Moon, if I can call it a problem, is that we only got to see Bella's side. We have almost no idea what Edward was going through. I do believe he thinks they loose their souls when they are turned and he doesn't want her to be eternally damned. And after the incident at her birthday party he realized how dangerous it can get for her around his family, so I do believe he was trying to protect her by leaving.
Definitely! I'd love to read New Moon from Edward's perspective. Did you read their first meeting from his point of view? I think it provided us with some great insight.

He once mentioned in the books, if i recall correctly: He'd be leaving if he had to, just to protect her.

Quote:
Both of them, Edward and Jacob, are doing things she doesn't like (leaving/returning her motorcycle so Charlie could see it) because they think it's best for her.
I don't really blame none of them for their actions.
They both love her - so no blaming from my side.

Quote:
The other one was in the kitchen, right before Edward call.
Thanks! I have to read that scene again.

Quote:
I don't know... see, I can't even find arguments here But, for lack of better word, I miss seeing the 'human' side of Edward. He's too perfect. That was fine with me in the first book, but in the way it was putted in the New Moon... I don't know. I can't really see why Bella didn't want any sort of explanation when they got together at the end of New Moon.
Maybe it was because he wasn't around that much? *shrug*

An explanation why he left the way he did?

Quote:
I know she was suffering like hell, and that just a few seconds wit hhim and she would be happy and all of that, but I can't help but think it was too rushed, you know? Maybe that's why I'm falling more for her stary with Jacob than Edward
Bella was willing to give up everything in a heartbeat without a doubt, no questions ask to try to save and maybe see him just one more time. That's definitely not something you see on a daily basis, therefore it's hard to believe/understand. And Stephenie had shown us over more than 100 pages how much Jacob cared for her, that he has fallen for her, has been a around, a great friend, good guy, trying to protect her... So I can see where you are coming from.

Quote:
Boo! Don't you have amazon or something in your country where you can pre-order English books as well?

Quote:
I so don't care about the whole age thing
You might end up in jail... well depending on your age, which I have to admit I completely forgot *blush*

Quote:
I was kind of mad at Edward for that too. We could see he was truly greatful for Jacob for having kept Bella safe and all of that, and he can see that Bella only has eyes for him and no one else, so, why the heck did he had to do that? He doesn't like werewolfs, okay, but that doesn't mean he's not her friend. It can work out. I just hope it does.
I am not sure why he did it - if it was just alpha male behavior or if there is something more. Something we don't know about yet.

Quote:
She's Julia Roberts' niece. Emma is in the new Nancy Drew movie. I personally don't think she would be a good Bella and I think Stephenie agrees now, since she had a blog over on myspace about the issue.
Thanks for the explanation *flowers* She doesn't fit Bella at all imo, but that's just me.

Do you have the link? I'd love to check it out *s*

Quote:
I really like the first chapter. It's making me very excited about Eclipse coming out. I don't have any idea how Bella is going to able to see Jacob without Edward knowing. Edward seems to be dead set on not letting Bella anywhere near him, but I can understand why he is so worried. But, I don't think Jacob would be do any harm to Bella at all. I have a soft spot for Jacob, too.
Me too.

He seems dead serious indeed. That makes me wonder if there is something more to it.

Quote:
I heard that this book is kind of like Wuthering Heights, while New Moon was kind of like Romeo and Juliet. I'm looking forward to Rosalie and Jasper's back story, especially Rosalie and why she acts the way she does towards Bella.
Wuthering Hight?

I want to know more about the whole Cullen family. I think we got a hint why Rosalie is acting the way she does at the voting - about Bella becoming a vampire. Though I don't think it explains it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatale (View Post)
Thanks for adding me to the list Andie
You're welcome Rhi!

Quote:
I have the same problem. I didn't have to wait for New Moon though, I was a little slow on the uptake when it came to the Twilight series and by the time I was convinced by Ria to go get the books they were both already out. The wait for Eclipse may just kill me however.
Glad Ria convinced you to read it!

Quote:
I haven't been reading anything on Stephenie's website. Not the quotes and certainly not the first chapter. Normally I love to spoil myself because we are so behind everyone here in Aus and I hate being left out () but I know if I read the first chapter it'll just make the wait seem even longer.
*lol* Well you should still check it out... because there are missing pieces from the other books as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitel (View Post)
Yeah it's crazy, a few months back I thought we were just a few ones, but since then I found out that there's a lot of people who love the books or had read them... it's crazy
Yeah, there are quiet a few... thankfully. I love to talk about it... Go figure *lol*

Quote:
I find it interesting and in the same way, Stephenie shows directly what's the book going to be, meaning something between Edward, Bella and Jacob. Sure we don't know all the stuff and there's going to be a lot more but still. Plus with the vampire thing, Edward gonna be a lot protective. I don't really know, i guess i'm too excited about it and i just want august to be already there to read the book
Just a few more weeks and we'll be in heaven for a short time... because afterwards the longing for the next one begins.

Edward/Bella/Jacob is a love triangle, but not in the classic sense imo. I am excited to see what Stephenie will come up with.

Quote:
Thanks
You're welcome Krystal
Old 07-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation *flowers* She doesn't fit Bella at all imo, but that's just me.

Do you have the link? I'd love to check it out *s*
Stephenie's Myspace page

Quote:
Me too.

He seems dead serious indeed. That makes me wonder if there is something more to it.
Me, too. I'm also wondering why Bella turn down Edward's marriage proposal. I hope we find out more about in Eclipse.

Quote:
Wuthering Hight?

I want to know more about the whole Cullen family. I think we got a hint why Rosalie is acting the way she does at the voting - about Bella becoming a vampire. Though I don't think it explains it all.
Yeah, I know. I'm hoping it's not too much like that book. It confused me a lot.

It definitely doesn't really explain it well of the way Rosalie acts. I think she is very protective of her family and seeing that in the beginning that Bella was an outsider to her family, Rosalie didn't want her to mess it up.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
After be bugging everyone on OT Thread and being like you HAVE to read Twilight, like right now, it finally sunk into someone

Quote:
I don't feel like I spoiled myself with the first chapter cause it was in my SE New Moon book And well, she said the quotes don't give anything away, so I've been reading them, I'm just go excited. It's a book book summer.
Ria
Old 07-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle-weasel! (View Post)
I don't feel like I spoiled myself with the first chapter cause it was in my SE New Moon book And well, she said the quotes don't give anything away, so I've been reading them, I'm just go excited. It's a book book summer.
I didn't get the first chapter in my damn New Moon book . So I'm remaining unspoiled. Even if the quotes don't give anything away.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I didn't get the first chapter in my damn New Moon book . So I'm remaining unspoiled. Even if the quotes don't give anything away.
My book also came with tattoos and the jacket cover is a poster of Eclipse
Ria
Old 07-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle-weasel! (View Post)
My book also came with tattoos and the jacket cover is a poster of Eclipse
Now you're just trying to make me jealous aren't you?
Old 07-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Now you're just trying to make me jealous aren't you?
Maybe

I actually wanted the Special Edition so I paid a few bucks more to buy it at Barnes and Noble over Target.
Ria
Old 07-18-2007, 03:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
You know the first chapter of Eclipse is posted on Stephenie Meyer website right?

I also have the Special Edition with tatoos and poster
Quote:
Yeah, there are quiet a few... thankfully. I love to talk about it... Go figure *lol*
You're not the only one and some of my friends started to read the books because I couldn't stop talking about them

Quote:
Just a few more weeks and we'll be in heaven for a short time... because afterwards the longing for the next one begins.
Yeah I just read about the fourth book I'm happy but I'm gonna focus on Eclipse before getting excited about this one

Quote:
You're welcome Krystal
It's Krystel btw with a "e" and not a "a"

"You're part of my entity, here for infinity..."
icon
Old 07-27-2007, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just a quick dive by post

Stephenie has been posting one Eclipse quote each day on her homepage - here is a list with quotes -
Spoiler:

Your thoughts? What's your fave etc?
Old 07-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

Good thing you posted those in spoiler tags, I don't want to know any quotes .

And Andie, I completely heart your icon . Kinda makes me want to fly the Eclipse flag .