Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

'Twilight Series' by Stephenie Meyer #1: Because we couldn't resist Edward and Bella!

Twilight
"Softly he brushed my cheek, then held my face between his marble hands. 'Be very still,' he whispered, as if I wasn't already frozen. Slowly, never moving his eyes from mine, he leaned toward me. Then abruptly, but very gently, he rested his cold cheek against the hollow at the base of my throat."

As Shakespeare knew, love burns high when thwarted by obstacles. In Twilight, an exquisite fantasy by Stephenie Meyer, readers discover a pair of lovers who are supremely star-crossed. Bella adores beautiful Edward, and he returns her love. But Edward is having a hard time controlling the blood lust she arouses in him, because--he's a vampire. At any moment, the intensity of their passion could drive him to kill her, and he agonizes over the danger. But, Bella would rather be dead than part from Edward, so she risks her life to stay near him, and the novel burns with the erotic tension of their dangerous and necessarily chaste relationship.

New Moon
Bella celebrates her birthday with her boyfriend Edward and his family, a unique clan of vampires that has sworn off human blood. But the celebration abruptly ends when the teen accidentally cuts her arm on broken glass. The sight and smell of her blood trickling away forces the Cullen family to retreat lest they be tempted to make a meal of her. After all is mended, Edward, realizing the danger that he and his family create for Bella, sees no option for her safety but to leave. Mourning his departure, she slips into a downward spiral of depression that penetrates and lingers over her every step. Vampire fans will appreciate the subsequently dour mood that permeates the novel, and it's not until Bella befriends Jacob, a sophomore from her school with a penchant for motorcycles, that both the pace and her disposition begin to take off. Their adventures are wild, dare-devilish, and teeter on the brink of romance, but memories of Edward pervade Bella's emotions, and soon their fun quickly morphs into danger, especially when she uncovers the true identities of Jacob and his pack of friends. Less streamlined than Twilight yet just as exciting, New Moon will more than feed the bloodthirsty hankerings of fans of the first volume and leave them breathless for the third.

Eclipse
Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will eagerly devour Eclipse, the much anticipated third book in Stephenie Meyer's riveting vampire love saga. As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob --- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

Released on August 7th - PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS TO DISCUSS IT.

Fans:
  1. -Andie-
  2. globe2912 (Nad)
  3. Whitney86
  4. NaleyLove04 (Tes)
  5. Pickle-weasel! (Ria)
  6. Fieryangel (Ash)
  7. Evenstar1002 (Nat)
  8. Fatale (Rhi)
  9. PJ_Believer (Ann)
  10. daritah (Adara)
  11. Kitel (Krystal)
  12. paintedxlie (Val)
  13. A_Lullaby
  14. DreamWalker (Mel)
  15. McAwesome
  16. twilight15
  17. Spike it up (Cris)
  18. froggiepopple
  19. sKennedy
  20. pretty passion
Old 06-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Count me in *raises hand*

I'd love for the books to be filmed but I've never thought about actors for the various characters - I'll have to think about that
Old 06-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was hoping that you'd appear hun

On the one hand I want the books to be filmed really badly but on the other hand I am so scared because they could ruin it. But I guess the excitement wins. Just imagine listening to Edward's lullaby

Actor wise I think Gaspard Ulliel would be a fine Edward. *points at her icon*
Old 06-10-2007, 02:02 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Since you got me addicted I figured I should show up

If they do it right there's no need to be scared - just look at the HP or LotR movies those are great examples how it should be done. On the other hand there are too many bad examples to even name them all. I just hope they get it right

Listening to Edwards lullaby would be awesome That's definitely one piece of music that needs to be on the Soundtrack

Gaspard Ulliel is a good idea, I'm struggling to come up with an actress to play Bella though.

I already know someone who could play Billy though - Graham Greene would be the perfect choice IMO.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

i would like to be added plzz
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
icon: B ē tt ⓨ
Old 06-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitney86 (View Post)
i would like to be added plzz
Hi Whitney Welcome to the thread I added you to the fan list in the opening post. Who is your fave character?

Nad, glad I got you hooked

I know I just keep my fingers crossed that they'll make a perfect adaption

Oh, yeah... just don't get me started what should be on the Twilight Soundtrack Debussy is a must as well.

I really like Gaspard. Gotta try to watch a few movies with him. As for Bella I have seen a few suggestions like Emily Browning. What do you think about that one?

Graham Greene? The name is familiar but I can't place it... Help?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Whitney

Andie, did you watch 'Dances with wolves'? Anyhow, follow me to Graham Greene's IMDB profile . He came to my mind instantly when I thought about who could play Billy, I think he'd be perfect.

Emily Browning? I don't think I've seen one of her movies. Well, I might have seen her in Halifax FP, but that was years ago and I clearly don't remember her .

Last edited by Nad; 06-10-2007 at 12:43 PM
Old 06-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Addicted Fan

I LOVE these books, I can't stop reading them. I finished New Moon Wednesday and already re-reading Twilight again. Stephanie is so amazing. I would love these books to come onto film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andie- (View Post)
:
Actor wise I think Gaspard Ulliel would be a fine Edward. *points at her icon*
I totally agree with you , I really picture him as Edward.

Can you add me??
Old 06-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

my favs are bella and edward of course,im almost done with twlight and i just got new moon today
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
Old 06-11-2007, 01:02 AM
Elite Fan

Oh another thread for Twilight, go ahead and add me

I'm really torn about the movie being made. On one hand the more stuff with this series, the better...and it would be awesome to see on screen, but on the other hand I don't want anything to be ruined.

Even with Harry Potter and LOTR, more so HP, I find myself watching the movie and becoming angry with things they changed, not left out but changed. And Twilight is just so...dear to me? yeah that I don't want it to be ruined in the slightest.

And I started the books before the movies, unlike with HP and LOTR and most other books to movies, so I had a sense of what I saw the main characters as from the movies, but I created my own world in my head for Twilight and I don't know if that could live up. The characters I would be most worried about would be Bella and then all the Cullens cause of how the vampires are suppose to be so..stunning, visually So I'm at a pass.

I know a lot of people see Emily Browning as Bella, but that isn't how I pictured her when I read the books. Gaspard Ulliel though isn't too bad for a choice of Edward, the only thing it I imagined him a bit, older looking.

I'm just afraid of ruining any magic that was there, especically in the relationship between Bella/Edward..which is my fav part of the books
Ria
Old 06-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

aw i would love to see it as a movie
Old 06-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

Oh, God. I cannot wait for Eclipse! Add me, please.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nad, thanks for the link. I watched 'Dance with the wolves' His face looks familiar. I hink I could imagine him playing Billy.

I have never seen a movie with Emily Browning She is not 'my Bella' , the one I am picturing in my head. But I can't name an actress off hand who I'd consider the perfect Bella Swan.

Which book do you prefer? Twilight or New Moon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tes!
I LOVE these books, I can't stop reading them. I finished New Moon Wednesday and already re-reading Twilight again. Stephanie is so amazing. I would love these books to come onto film.

I totally agree with you , I really picture him as Edward.

Can you add me??
Tes, welcome to the thread hun I'll add you to the list asap! I didn't get 'New Moon' right away, so while waiting impatiently for my book to arrive I started reading 'Twilight' again. Cool, that you can picture Gaspard as Edward too. Who is your fave character?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitney86
my favs are bella and edward of course,im almost done with twlight and i just got new moon today
Whitney, aw... Bella/Edward are soo cute. Do you have a fave quote from Twilight? Enjoy New Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle-weasel!
Oh another thread for Twilight, go ahead and add me

I'm really torn about the movie being made. On one hand the more stuff with this series, the better...and it would be awesome to see on screen, but on the other hand I don't want anything to be ruined.

Even with Harry Potter and LOTR, more so HP, I find myself watching the movie and becoming angry with things they changed, not left out but changed. And Twilight is just so...dear to me? yeah that I don't want it to be ruined in the slightest.

And I started the books before the movies, unlike with HP and LOTR and most other books to movies, so I had a sense of what I saw the main characters as from the movies, but I created my own world in my head for Twilight and I don't know if that could live up. The characters I would be most worried about would be Bella and then all the Cullens cause of how the vampires are suppose to be so..stunning, visually So I'm at a pass.

I know a lot of people see Emily Browning as Bella, but that isn't how I pictured her when I read the books. Gaspard Ulliel though isn't too bad for a choice of Edward, the only thing it I imagined him a bit, older looking.

I'm just afraid of ruining any magic that was there, especically in the relationship between Bella/Edward..which is my fav part of the books]
Ria, welcome to the thread sweetie So glad you decided to join us I'll add you to the list now I totally understand where you are coming from regarding the movies. I feel quiet similar.

Bella/Edward are love There relationship is so very special There is something unique about it... what's your fave B/E scene?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieryangel
Oh, God. I cannot wait for Eclipse! Add me, please.
Hi Ash, welcome to the thread I'll add you now I can't wait for Eclipse either. Did you already read the first chapter?
Old 06-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Hi everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle-weasel!
I agree that even with the HP and LotR movies there's something left to be desired, but you can at least recognize the books in the movies. Both Twilight and New Moon are also very dear to me and I wouldn't want that ruined as well.

Which brings me to an important question: Do we know how much influence Stephenie Meyer would have with the scripts for the movies?

Andie, I'm having a hard time finding an actress that would fit "my" Bella as well . Maybe they could use a newcomer, because most of the time I associate a well known actress with a certain role

Which book do I prefer? How am I supposed to answer that? They both dragged me in completely, but I missed Edward sooo much in New Moon So I guess Twilight wins by an inch.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

my fav quote hmmm alot of good quotes but diffently the one edward says about the lion falling in love with the lamb
Closed Thread   Post New Thread