Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Master Fan

Okay, I've finally finished New Moon (that's why I only posted here like, once ), and I love this freaking series a lot more!!

Oh, I'd love to be on the list Andie!
Old 07-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatale
So, I spent my work day reading the entire book and I'm going to spend tomorrow hunting down New Moon
Nice way to spend a work day, Rhi I hope you found New Moon by now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatale
And when Edward introduced Bella to his family, that was
That's certainly one of my fave scenes as well . Not that I'll ever be able to chose just one fave scene .

Adara, any thoughts on New Moon you want to share?

I'm still listening to the audio books on my drive to/from work - they certainly add something to my enjoyment of the the story.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

I'm scared to share my thoughts with you all

Okay, so, I love Jacob. And, no, I don't love him more than Edward, but yes, I wouldn't mind seeing him with Bella (now is when I start to run from the rocks).

I think New Moon is way more angst than Twilight, since we see Bella in pain for most of the book, but I think I enjoied more than Twilight. Sure, the first one has one of the most amazing scenes from Bella and Edward, but in terms of the story, I think the second one is way better.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

I have found New Moon . I was so excited that it was longer than Twilight .

I love Jacob too. Not more than Edward, and I still want Bella and Edward together, but I do love him. And I thought New Moon was better than Twilight. They're both amazing books but New Moon was angstier and edgier. I'm a sucker for angst. Plus the Bella/Jacob scenes I'm a big fan of.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

I found the link in Andie's sig

I haven't read it, but I am hoping to get these books as a late b-day present.
When I do and I will come back and tell you guys what I think
Old 07-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

It seems the Twilight movie is going ahead. Stephenie has said so on her site.

Quote:
**July 7, 2007 Update**

I am very excited to announce that Twilight has been optioned by Summit Entertainment. The deal with MTV Film (and friends) lapsed in April, and since that time my agents and I have been negotiating with Summit on a great contract that I think will really protect the story. The people at Summit seem quite enthusiastic about doing Twilight the right way, and I'm looking forward to working with them. The story will be optioned for the next fifteen months, when Summit will have the opportunity to buy the property. I will keep you updated on any developments as soon as I find out about them.

Meanwhile, years have passed, my actors have aged, and I think the time has come to recast the Twilight Movie. (For fun, of course! I still have no say in who gets hired.)

The most disappointing thing for me is losing my perfect Edward. Henry Cavill is now twenty-four-years-old. Let us have a moment of quiet in which to mourn…

Okay, moving on. I'm not willing to relinquish Henry completely; since I hear that Charlie Hunnam refuses to consider scripts which include vampires, I propose that Henry play Carlisle! (Would Henry dare to find out if blondes DO have more fun??

Then who will play Edward? I don't have the perfect answer. I've seen some nice suggestions, but keep in mind a few reality checks: I'm not considering anyone over 21 (sorry Gaspard Ulliel fans!), or anyone who isn't a real actor (which is terribly sad, considering the beauty of models like Kevin Flamme, Jeremy Dufour, and Thomas Beaudoin; this counts out all the lead singers, too, Gerard Way lovers.).

Realistic options include actors like Tom Sturridge.

And keep a close eye on the rising generation of actors (remember, even best case scenario it will be quite a while before any filming begins)—boys like Logan Lerman who have a lot of pretty potential.

Or, for Jacob, Tyler Posey.

That's as far as I've gotten in my personal recasting. The lexicon has a great forum for suggesting your favorite actors.
I still think Gaspard would be perfect for Edward And, he doesn't look that old.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Still great news! Thanks for sharing Ann

I don't have much time right now but I'll update the opening and respond to everyone properly in the next few days
Old 07-09-2007, 12:44 AM
Elite Fan

Ooh, interesting. It'd be so hard to cast Edward. I mean the guy's perfect. Perfect. Who the hell is really that good, even in Hollywood.

Thanks for sharing the news!
Old 07-09-2007, 06:51 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Great news

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Believer
I still think Gaspard would be perfect for Edward And, he doesn't look that old.
Same here .

I have no clue who the other actors are . Gotta check them out at IMDB.

Casting Edward is gonna be a very hard task .
Old 07-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

You're welcome, guys

I think Stephenie mentioned that Emma Roberts would be make a great Bella, but I'm not too sure

She has the first chapter of Eclipse on the website I finally got to read it.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatale (View Post)
Thanks Andie . Could you add me to the list please? Oh, it's hard to pick a favourite part, I loved the whole thing. I did really enjoy in the beginning when Edward and Bella were first getting to know each other, trying to work each other out. And when Edward introduced Bella to his family, that was .
I added you to the list Rhi

Getting to know each other... I loved that Edward wanted to know everything about Bella. Even small, minor stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatale (View Post)
Edward's my favourite character. Is it weird to be completely in love with a fictional vampire? . I do have a soft spot for Jasper too.
Nah, it's not. I like Jasper too, but I think he didn't have enough booktime so far. We need to get to know him better, his character has a lot of potential for sure. Same goes for the whole Cullen family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Believer (View Post)
I know, Andie We haven't talk in ages. I finally finished reading New Moon. I had to go to the bookshop to buy since I wasn't going to wait around for the library's copy.
Ann I was so impatient. My amazon order took ages, so I ended up canceling it and going to the bookstore instead

Quote:
I'm doing great. I'll love to be added to the list
I added you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyHalliwell (View Post)
I just hoped by to say hi all. I just started eating Twilight and am really enjoying it so far. I haven't gotten in to it very good yet but I love the narrative voice of the book. And Bella is a great character.
-Pammie
Welcome to the thread Pammie Glad that you are enjoying the book so far. Make sure to let us know what you think about after you have finished Twilight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
On Andie's recommendation, I ordered 'Twilight' to qualify for free shipping. Not sure when I"ll have a chance to read it, but I'll be back to let you know what I thought.
Welcome to the Twilight Chris Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daritah (View Post)
I'm scared to share my thoughts with you all
No need to be scared Adara

Quote:
Okay, so, I love Jacob. And, no, I don't love him more than Edward, but yes, I wouldn't mind seeing him with Bella (now is when I start to run from the rocks).

Why would you like to see those two together? Do you think it would be good for the Edward/Bella storyline? Or do you just like the idea of those two together?

Quote:
I think New Moon is way more angst than Twilight, since we see Bella in pain for most of the book, but I think I enjoied more than Twilight. Sure, the first one has one of the most amazing scenes from Bella and Edward, but in terms of the story, I think the second one is way better.
Agreed about the angst!

The plot is better in new Moon, but for me it's hard to pick one book or another because of the awesome Edward/Bella stuff in the first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara99 (View Post)
I found the link in Andie's sig
My signature is useful for once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara99 (View Post)
I haven't read it, but I am hoping to get these books as a late b-day present.
When I do and I will come back and tell you guys what I think
Welcome to the thread Es I hope you enjoy the books as much as I did. I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Quote:
I think Stephenie mentioned that Emma Roberts would be make a great Bella, but I'm not too sure
I don't even know her: I need to check her out on imdb *gone*

Quote:
She has the first chapter of Eclipse on the website I finally got to read it.
Your thoughts?

22 days until Eclipse...
Old 07-16-2007, 04:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Why would you like to see those two together? Do you think it would be good for the Edward/Bella storyline? Or do you just like the idea of those two together?
I really like the idea of Bella and Jacob together, hence my fears I was re-reading New Moon, since I have no life, and I discovered myself rooting for Jacob to kiss her in both times they almost kiss. I find that romance more believable now. With Edward, Bella looks like she's obsessed or something. I know he's the most gorgeous person alive and all of that, and that they really do love each other, but the way it's put there, I just can't help but think that it's too needy, and one sided. Not that he doesn't love her, but it really looks like she's doing all the sacrifices. I'm pretty sure none of you will agree with me

Quote:
The plot is better in new Moon, but for me it's hard to pick one book or another because of the awesome Edward/Bella stuff in the first one
The Bella/Edward in the first book made me more happy then what we saw of them in the second one.

22 days for Eclipse and I have no idea when I'll be able to get it
Old 07-16-2007, 04:55 AM
Ultimate Fan

Just find out that there's a thread about Stephenie Meyer's books over there. I'm posting about them over the book board but I'll go here too now.

Can't wait to read Eclipse three more weeks and we're going to know

Uh and btw can i be added to the list please?

"You're part of my entity, here for infinity..."
icon
Old 07-16-2007, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I really like the idea of Bella and Jacob together, hence my fears
Don't worry

Quote:
I was re-reading New Moon, since I have no life, and I discovered myself rooting for Jacob to kiss her in both times they almost kiss. I find that romance more believable now. With Edward, Bella looks like she's obsessed or something. I know he's the most gorgeous person alive and all of that, and that they really do love each other, but the way it's put there, I just can't help but think that it's too needy, and one sided. Not that he doesn't love her, but it really looks like she's doing all the sacrifices. I'm pretty sure none of you will agree with me
I guess I can see where you are coming from I can't seem to be remember one almost kiss. one was in the car in front of Bella's and the other one?

One sided... from Bella I assume?

She is sacrificing a lot. She wants to turn into a vampire for him, that they can stay together 'til the end of time etc. She is putting him in the first place. On the other hand: She is his life, he wanted to end his because he thought she was dead. Nothing worth to live for. I am not sure what kind of sacrifices he could make

Quote:
The Bella/Edward in the first book made me more happy then what we saw of them in the second one.
We didn't get much Edward/Bella in the second book Regarding that, Twilight made me much more happy.

Quote:
22 days for Eclipse and I have no idea when I'll be able to get it
Hopefully soon *fingers crossed* Can't you just pre-order it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitel (View Post)
Just find out that there's a thread about Stephenie Meyer's books over there. I'm posting about them over the book board but I'll go here too now.
Twilight Fans are everywhere Welcome to the thread Krystal

Quote:
Can't wait to read Eclipse three more weeks and we're going to know
Me neither. What do you think about the first chapter?

Quote:
Uh and btw can i be added to the list please?
Sure! I added you
Old 07-16-2007, 05:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andie- (View Post)

Welcome to the thread Es I hope you enjoy the books as much as I did. I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Thanks Andie

I am enjoy it very much. I just got the book and I almost finished it, only 3 or 4 more chapters. I didn't have that much time, but otherwise I would have read it in one day, now it took me 3 afternoons I am going to conitnue in a minute...

Bella and Edward are a perfect couple and who wouldn't want to have a vampire like Edward as a boyfriend.
I am sad that I am almost finished with the book and don't have New Moon yet...Hopefully by the end of next week I can start reading New Moon
Closed Thread   Post New Thread