Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2004, 09:07 AM
Elite Fan

I choose Lex. Because the programme that he is an integral part of, is more superior than the other two choices that you gave us to choose from, plus I agree with your reasons for your choice too sum1, which are also the deciding factor for my response.

Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy X?
Old 08-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by John Crichton
Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy X?
Ummm.... I don't really know diddlysquat about Final Fantasy. Animated SF movies based on video-games, right? I'm not into animation or video-games, so I'm afraid I don't really have much of a clue.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Awright, seeing as this is going nowhere, so... next one.

Profiler. Reminder: Tv series about a psychic cop detective. For the first three seasons, the main character was Samantha Waters (played by Ally Walker) and then she was replaced for the last season by another psychic detective, Rachel Burke (played by Jamie Luner). Popular consensus seems to be that Samantha Waters was better than Rachel Burke.

So... Waters or Burke?

Personally, I think popular consensus doesn't know what it's talking about. Ally Walker was bland as Waters, while Jamie Luner was good as Burke. Burke was much better than Waters. I think it's a pity Burke wasn't The Profiler from the beginning of the show.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

I choose Waters' only because I have not seen that other character and thus, I can not choose her for I have no past knowledge to judge her by. Also, I had not even heard of that character because those episodes have yet to air here in Australia...Oz is crap in its treatment of the sci-fi/fantasy/supernatural genre............et cetera. As Fox Mulder once said in 'The X-Files Movie': "Anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorised, or easily referenced." = Science Fiction in Australia...so they just ignore it.

The X-Files: Fight The Future (Theatrical Movie) or The X-Files (Television Programme.)?

Personally, I love both equally, even though it started to go downhill once the T-1000 joined the cast (aka: Robert Patrick.)

Last edited by Camibra; 08-23-2004 at 10:57 AM
Old 08-23-2004, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by John Crichton
I choose Waters' only because I have not seen that other character and thus, I can not choose her for I have no past knowledge to judge her by. Also, I had not even heard of that character because those episodes have yet to air here in Australia...Oz is crap in its treatment of the sci-fi/fantasy/supernatural genre............et cetera. As Fox Mulder once said in 'The X-Files Movie': "Anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorised, or easily referenced." = Science Fiction in Australia...so they just ignore it.

The X-Files: Fight The Future (Theatrical Movie) or The X-Files (Television Programme.)?

Personally, I love both equally, even though it started to go downhill once the T-1000 joined the cast (aka: Robert Patrick.)
The tv series. The movie was ok, but not up to the level of the show's better stuff. The show was one of the best sf shows ever.

And the semi-loss of Duchovny (the show's best actor by a long way)was a major damage to the show, but X-Files remained surprisingly good in the late seasons despite that. Robert Patrick could do with playing his characters more relaxed, but I think he did a good job with Doggett nonetheless. And the last season included Monica Reyes, who was ten times better than Scully.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mini-series: Dune (Dune and Children of Dune) or Taken?

I'd chose Dune. The original Dune mini-series wasn't good, but the second one was good, while Taken was lame and dull.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:17 AM
Total Fan

It's been over a week and no one has chosen so I will. Since I have not seen Dune (Dune and Children of Dune) or Taken, I'm going to pick Taken just because I wanted to see it whereas I had no itch to see Dune.

Better SciFi movie comedy: Space Balls or Mars Attacks!?
Old 09-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

So hard to choose.....

Mars Attacks, only cuz I love Tim Burton

Resident Evil or Silent Hill?
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Total Fan

This has sit idle long enough. I'm going to choose Resident Evil in honor of my friend's husband (personally, I know nothing about either).

Better futuristic game show: Death Race 2000 (it was futuristic when it came out in 1975) or The Running Man (either the book or movie version)?
Old 09-15-2004, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by dukesmom
This has sit idle long enough. I'm going to choose Resident Evil in honor of my friend's husband (personally, I know nothing about either).

Better futuristic game show: Death Race 2000 (it was futuristic when it came out in 1975) or The Running Man (either the book or movie version)?
Uhhhhr... this is why I've been avoiding the thread. People keep asking ones I've zero interest in. A 1975 movie and a Schwarzenegger movie or a Stephen King book? Me got no preference except "none of the above".

Well, just in case anybody feels the same as me, I'm providing a second one and people can answer either or both. Or add their own.

Firefly: A lot of people think it's great. I think it's overrated -good but not great. Among other things, I find many of the characters disappointing. But two in particular I like: Inara and Wash. So...

Firefly: Inara or Wash?
Old 09-16-2004, 02:05 AM
Elite Fan

Inara - Man she's hot.

Tru Calling or Buffy?
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar
Tru Calling or Buffy?
Buffy. Me no want watch Dushku.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nick Knight (from 1992-6 vampire show Forever Knight) or Angel (from Buffy and from Forever Knight rip-off show Angel). Nick Knight was ten times better acted (by Geraint Wyn Davies) and, unlike Angel, wasn't massively dreary and depressing. But Angel tends to be a lot more popular these days.

So: Nick Knight or Angel?
Old 09-18-2004, 01:29 AM
Elite Fan

Surprisingly, I'll take Knight, it wasn't the best, but I liked it better than Angel...had some nice back story developed.

Like Disney's Black Hole or Not?
Old 09-19-2004, 08:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Disney's Black Hole

vampires or dwarfs?