Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar
I'm a bit biased...yes.

The original.

Warp Speed or Hypespace?
Warp speed.

Vampires or werewolves?

(My preference is for vampires -though Underworld's werwolves were incredible.)
Old 08-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Total Fan

Vampires.

Alf or 3rd Rock From the Sun?
Old 08-03-2004, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by dukesmom
Vampires.

Alf or 3rd Rock From the Sun?
3rd rock, though neither are really my thing.

Alec Newman's Paul Muad'Dib Atriedes or Kyle MacLachlan's version?

(Personal preference: MacLachlan's. Newman's a good actor, but he was totally miscast.)
Old 08-05-2004, 05:22 AM
Elite Fan

I choose Kyle only because I have no other reason for my choice except for the fact that I recognise his name even though I can not put a face to that name. I have absolutely no-idea who the character you are assuming we all know is from your above post. :/
Which Movie has a better 'time tense' intwined in its storyline?'The Terminator' 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day (Special Edition)' or 'Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines'.

Last edited by Camibra; 08-05-2004 at 05:31 AM
Old 08-05-2004, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by John Crichton
I choose Kyle only because I have no other reason for my choice except for the fact that I recognise his name even though I can not put a face to that name. I have absolutely no-idea who the character you are assuming we all know is from your above post. :/
No more than you were assuming everybody knew about V when you used it for a this-or-that earlier on this thread. A lot of people haven't ever heard of V. There's been plenty things used for this-or-thats on this thread that some people won't have heard of. So I was perfectly justified in using Muad'Dib.
Quote:
Which Movie has a better 'time tense' intwined in its storyline?'The Terminator' 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day (Special Edition)' or 'Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines'.
Well, since I avoid Terminator stuff like it's the plague, I wouldn't know.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:47 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Terminator 2: Judgement Day (Special Edition)

Robots or androids?
Old 08-06-2004, 04:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, since I avoid Terminator stuff like it's the plague, I wouldn't know.
As with I regarding Babylon 5/Crusade-related paraphernalia.

Androids. Because robots do have their three rules of conduct...androids would not, for they are part human, thus more dangerous, hence hilarity ensues!

'Earth 2'or 'Earth Final Conflict'?
Old 08-06-2004, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
As with I regarding Babylon 5/Crusade-related paraphernalia.
Well, everybody's got their own tastes.

Though I personally feel that avoiding Babylon 5 is a major mistake, a bit like avoiding reading War and Peace when one's studying the 19th century Russian novel (an analogy that I feel is appropriate because War and Peace is what B5 reminds me of). Crusade, on the other hand, is another matter, totally below the B5 standard and extremely disappointing.

But the Terminator movies... well, too much Schwarzenegger for one thing, something I find tends to make movies rather unbearable. Not my type of movies in a lot of other ways, too.
Quote:
'Earth 2'or 'Earth Final Conflict'?
Well, Earth 2 had Jessica Steen and EFC had Robert Leeshock, both of whome I like.... but I haven't seen a lot of either show. So I guess somebody else should pick.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:20 AM
Elite Fan

Well 'Earth: Final Coinflict' was yet another Gene Goddenberry program, so, perhaps you may like it? I can not explain it too wel too you, except that it is set about 15 years from now, on Earth, and there are aliens who have landed here, hey hand out new technologies, medicines, curing cancer etc to lull the general populace into a false sense of trust for the 'companions' (aliens.) But a small group of rebels find proof that all is not what it seems, and these aliens are in fact planning to slowly overtake the Earth, so, these rebels infiltrate the core of 'the companions' to try to halt their advance meanwhile trying to hide in plain sight of the enemy. Kind of like a sheep amongst a pack of wolves. I have only seen the first season because that is all that is available here in Australia to buy or to rent, on stereo vhs. It has never been on tv here, nor is about to be released on any format any time soon. It went for four seasons so far as I know.

I will also leave my question for someone else. hehehe
Old 08-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Well 'Earth: Final Coinflict' was yet another Gene Goddenberry program, so, perhaps you may like it? I can not explain it too wel too you, except that it is set about 15 years from now, on Earth, and there are aliens who have landed here, hey hand out new technologies, medicines, curing cancer etc to lull the general populace into a false sense of trust for the 'companions' (aliens.) But a small group of rebels find proof that all is not what it seems, and these aliens are in fact planning to slowly overtake the Earth, so, these rebels infiltrate the core of 'the companions' to try to halt their advance meanwhile trying to hide in plain sight of the enemy. Kind of like a sheep amongst a pack of wolves. I have only seen the first season because that is all that is available here in Australia to buy or to rent, on stereo vhs. It has never been on tv here, nor is about to be released on any format any time soon. It went for four seasons so far as I know.
Don't worry, I know what EFC's about, it's just I haven't seen lots of it. It went for 5 seasons total before getting cancelled, 1997-2002. As for formats available, what I know of is that seasons 3, 4 and 5 are available on American DVD and some of season 1 is available on UK VHS, while the pilot is available on American VHS. As for the Gene Roddenberry connection, well, it's his story idea, but it was made by other people years after his death (which was in 1991), like Andromeda.

Btw, if you think about it, EFC's story is a lot like V's.

Last edited by sum1; 08-06-2004 at 02:38 PM
Old 08-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by John Crichton 'Earth 2'or 'Earth Final Conflict'? [/B]
Earth Final Conflict

Colonize Earth's moon or colonize Mars?
Old 08-06-2004, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

Mars, the moon just is so boring.

Do you believe that the stereotype that anyone who enjoys the science-fiction genre is a geek is justified in todays word? Yes or no.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Do you believe that the stereotype that anyone who enjoys the science-fiction genre is a geek is justified in todays word? Yes or no.
No, it's factually untrue.

Ummm... somebody else think of the next one, I'm too tired to.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Banned

There may be little difference between these two but.......

Sci-Fi horror or Sci-Fi action????
Old 08-07-2004, 06:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
There may be little difference between these two but.......

I'll choose sf-horror, it's the current trend after-all. hehe

The original 'The Time Machine' movie, or the remake of 'The Time Machine' with Guy Pierce?

(Personal preference, I choose the original. It's storyline and characters are far superior. It's visual effects are absolute crap, but visual effects are not everything to me in movies and tv shows, I prefer quality over quantity. Eg The Star Wars Sextet: The Original Star Wars trilogy vs Its Prequel trilogy. LAtter 3 movies, all effects, no real outstanding character development, unlike the original three, they had development galore! But crappy effects by today's standards, but, it is still VERY watchable. .
Closed Thread   Post New Thread