Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Passionate Fan

I've just finished reading the Alvin Maker series (again) with the new one that came out... Crystal City. I really love the Alvin Maker series, but Crystal City... not so much. The book is pretty good, but it seems mostly like a filler book to me. It seems to have the least amount of significance to Alvin's journey. I think OSC will probably end the series with a 7th book, since 7 is such a magical number in the series. I hope the resolution is a good one.

ETA: I enjoyed reading First Meetings, even though that book is more targeted toward a younger teen audience (with illustrations and such). I had read Investment Counselor before in a short story book. Reading it again just makes me love Jane even more. And I really enjoyed reading the stories about Ender's father.

[ 01-11-2004: Message edited Andia ]
Andia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 01:36 AM
Addicted Fan

I have only just finished Ender's Game, and am about to start Speaker for the Dead. So far I'm quite impressed. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 01:36 AM
Addicted Fan

I have only just finished Ender's Game, and am about to start Speaker for the Dead. So far I'm quite impressed. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2004, 06:50 AM
Loyal Fan

yeah i love enders game. speaker is really good too, you'll love grego! xenocide (the third one) is interesting, but i didn't like children of the mind. kinda depressing

When the time came to leap in faith, whether you had your eyes open or closed or screaming all the way down or not made no practical difference.
rosey angel 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 06:50 AM
Loyal Fan

yeah i love enders game. speaker is really good too, you'll love grego! xenocide (the third one) is interesting, but i didn't like children of the mind. kinda depressing

When the time came to leap in faith, whether you had your eyes open or closed or screaming all the way down or not made no practical difference.
rosey angel 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread