Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sounds like a plan
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
Sounds like a plan

I should probably make a list of books - in which order I wanna read them

Did you prefer the second book over Divergent?
Old 08-08-2012, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, that's a tough question. But maybe , because the second book brings more to the plot and the characters.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh, that's a tough question. But maybe , because the second book brings more to the plot and the characters.
Do we learn a lot more about 4?
Old 08-08-2012, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

We sure do
Old 08-09-2012, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
We sure do
I really liked what I saw of him in Divergent. A complex character.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

AHH. Movie is set for March 21st, 2014

Quote:
Lionsgate’s Summit Entertainment announced today that the filmed adaptation of the young adult adventure novel Divergent will open wide in North America on March 21, 2014. So far, it has the release date all to itself (it’s sandwiched between Fox’s Me And My Shadow on March 14, 2014 and Paramount’s Noah on March 28). The book was written by 23-year-old author Veronica Roth and has topped the New York Times Best Sellers list since it was published in May 2011 by Katherine Tegen Books/HarperCollins Publishers. Divergent is set in a future where America is divided into five ideological factions to stabilize society and uphold peace. Every citizen must choose a permanent faction at age 16 – either their own or another. The story focuses on Beatrice Prior, who is struggling to survive her initiation into the most aggressive and physically demanding of the factions. Evan Daugherty is penning the screenplay along with a yet-to-be-announced filmmaker. Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher will produce under their Red Wagon Entertainment banner, along with Pouya Shahbazian.
'Divergent' -- Lionsgate-Summet Sets Release For March 21, 2014
Old 09-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Now we play the waiting game...

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. But at least its another step forward. Casting should be next! Or even the announcement of the director.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

It seems Shailene Woodley is in final negotiations to play Tris. Which means the deal is almost done.

Quote:
Shailene Woodley, who just booked the coveted role of Mary Jane in the Spider-Man sequel, is closing in on a deal to star in Divergent, Summit/Lionsgate’s adaptation of Veronica Roth’s YA novel.

Shailene Woodley 'The Descendants' Indie Spirit Awards Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher are producing, as is Pouya Shahbazian. Neil Burger is directing.

The Divergent novel, published in May 2011 by Katherine Tegen Books, is set in a future society that is divided into factions based on human traits.
Woodley will star as a 16-year old who leaves her group to join a rival faction and falls in love with a young man.
Although she had been acting for years, Woodley caught the attention of most in Hollywood when she co-starred opposite George Clooney in Alexander Payne’s awards darling The Descendants. The role garnered her much acclaim as well as a Indie Spirit Award for best supporting actress.
She stars in The Secret Life of the American Teenager, which was canceled last week. ABC Family will play out the last 12 episodes starting in March. Woodley also will be seen in The Spectacular Now, being produced by Shawn Levy’s 21 Laps.
Woodley initially had scheduling issues as an obstacle to the dealmaking, having had offers to play both Mary Jane and the Divergent lead. But the Mary Jane role is proving to be only a very small part in Amazing Spider-Man 2 but blossoms into an integral lead for the planned third movie as the studio seeks to build to the classic "Death of Gwen Stacy" story.
She is repped by Paradigm, Principato Young Entertainment and Felker Toczek.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/shai...ivergent-deal/

And it seems American Horror Story's 'Evan Peters' has the Divergent script.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

It seems Shailene Woodley is in final negotiations to play Tris. Which means the deal is almost done.

Quote:
Shailene Woodley, who just booked the coveted role of Mary Jane in the Spider-Man sequel, is closing in on a deal to star in Divergent, Summit/Lionsgate’s adaptation of Veronica Roth’s YA novel.

Shailene Woodley 'The Descendants' Indie Spirit Awards Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher are producing, as is Pouya Shahbazian. Neil Burger is directing.

The Divergent novel, published in May 2011 by Katherine Tegen Books, is set in a future society that is divided into factions based on human traits.
Woodley will star as a 16-year old who leaves her group to join a rival faction and falls in love with a young man.
Although she had been acting for years, Woodley caught the attention of most in Hollywood when she co-starred opposite George Clooney in Alexander Payne’s awards darling The Descendants. The role garnered her much acclaim as well as a Indie Spirit Award for best supporting actress.
She stars in The Secret Life of the American Teenager, which was canceled last week. ABC Family will play out the last 12 episodes starting in March. Woodley also will be seen in The Spectacular Now, being produced by Shawn Levy’s 21 Laps.
Woodley initially had scheduling issues as an obstacle to the dealmaking, having had offers to play both Mary Jane and the Divergent lead. But the Mary Jane role is proving to be only a very small part in Amazing Spider-Man 2 but blossoms into an integral lead for the planned third movie as the studio seeks to build to the classic "Death of Gwen Stacy" story.
She is repped by Paradigm, Principato Young Entertainment and Felker Toczek.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/shai...ivergent-deal/

And it seems American Horror Story's 'Evan Peters' has the Divergent script.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Interesting. I wonder who he would play.

April
Old 10-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Four?

But then, he doesn't look like him.. so I guess he could be someone else.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I couldn't even imagine him playing Four. If that was the case I probably wouldn't watch the movie.

I could see him playing Peter.

April
Old 10-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

You don't like him?

It seems, I was told that Four is meant to be Bi-Racial? I never got that impression in the books.
Reply   Post New Thread