Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2004, 04:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey, TooTallVal!

I haven't really been around the HBO board too often, but now that I'm looking at it... they are pretty horrible. It's really inconvenient and small. And they have the most recent post first! That can get quite confusing for me. But it's manageable for just lurking around.

By the way, for those of us who haven't gotten the DVD set yet (I'm going to assume that's probably most, if not all of us), TheMidway.Org has screencaps of the menus and photos of the case for us to at least ogle and torture ourselves over until we (hopefully) get one.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey, TooTallVal!

I haven't really been around the HBO board too often, but now that I'm looking at it... they are pretty horrible. It's really inconvenient and small. And they have the most recent post first! That can get quite confusing for me. But it's manageable for just lurking around.

By the way, for those of us who haven't gotten the DVD set yet (I'm going to assume that's probably most, if not all of us), TheMidway.Org has screencaps of the menus and photos of the case for us to at least ogle and torture ourselves over until we (hopefully) get one.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey Andia

When I heard HBO was revamping the boards, I thought oh, goody. Better to go in and navigate! Now?? I don't know what kind of software they used to that message board.

And lovin' the designs of the DVD menus!!! Oh, man!! I might use those screencaps as a wallpaper! Beautiful designs!!
Old 12-09-2004, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

So I have only seen the first 3 episodes, but they are so intense. I am so addicted now. I cannot wait to see what else unfolds.

kenny | credit
Old 12-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Andia
TheMidway.Org has screencaps of the menus and photos of the case for us to at least ogle and torture ourselves over until we (hopefully) get one.
Ohhhhhhh. Thanks for finding this. I'm so glad they added all of the characters.

I tried the HBO boards once, then gave up. You can find more infor else where

ALLSTAR - you just wait! It gets more gripping and intense after every episode. And the final... you'll understand why we've been so eager for the second season. We've had to wait for almost 2 years
Old 12-10-2004, 12:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by justsmile
ALLSTAR - you just wait! It gets more gripping and intense after every episode. And the final... you'll understand why we've been so eager for the second season. We've had to wait for almost 2 years
Well apparently, I will be missing the Tuesday/Wednesday episodes. So, I think I'm gonna beg for the boxed set, so I can catch up on my own time, and not HBO's.

does anyone where I can find avaters of "Carnivale"?

kenny | credit
Old 12-10-2004, 04:04 AM
Master Fan

Just finished season one on dvd and words cannot discribe how much i love this show, especially Libby. I adore her!
Old 12-10-2004, 04:58 AM
Elite Fan

How are the audio commentaries, Lovesbitch?

I love shows that just take the extra step, and Carnivale definetly does that. I like the contrast between Brother Justin/Ben Hawkins. I like the dreams, and just the entire show is just perfect. I cannot wait to see what else unfolds. I'm not excited about the new season, because I'm kinda still starting out, but when I finish it I will most likely be stoked.

kenny | credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 12-10-2004 at 05:04 AM
Old 12-10-2004, 05:20 AM
Master Fan

I haven't had a chance to listen to the commentary tracks yet. hopefully i'll get the chance to do that tomorrow night.

although i was slightly dissappointed that there was no commentary for the final episode but it was made up for in the fact that the first two do have commentary
Old 12-10-2004, 05:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lovesbitch
... there was no commentary for the final episode ... the first two do have commentary
Oh, really? That's kind of a bummer. I love when there's season finale commentary. Then you get an idea of what they setup in the beginning, and what they wanted to happen later on. But, that's kinda cool they have commentary on "After The Ball is Over" because so much happened in it, and I guess it was still establishing archs, etc. How is the set though, package design wise? Is it easy to select episodes, and are there "Previously On's" and "Next On's"?
Old 12-10-2004, 05:32 AM
Master Fan

The actual box set is really well done, it's actually one of the best physical cases I've seen. You slide the disc part out of the cover and it looks like an old book with a ferris wheel on the cover and the word 'carnivale' on it.

It's six dvds, two episodes per disc. The menu's are really nicely done as well. You just go to 'episode index' and select the episode you want. You are then brought to a screen with a summary of the episode. You can then select to see 'previously on' and 'next on' previews for each episode (something that i love and was really happy to see on the set). It also offers six chapters per episode so if you want to jump to a specific part you can.

Overal, they're really nicely set up for a dvd box set. The menu's are pretty but not graphically overwhelming.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's six dvds, two episodes per disc.
I wonder why HBO decided to do that. They probably could have fit them all onto 4 discs. The quality must be insane w/ all the extra space. But that must be annoying changing the disc after every 2 episodes. Actually, the more I think about it, it could have been 3 discs, 4 episodes per disc.

The design sounds great, and I'm so glad they have the "Previously" and "Next On" additions. I seriously need to get this for Xmas!
Old 12-10-2004, 05:59 AM
Master Fan

I know that HBO did the four disc thing for Six Feet Under season one.

Personally, I think they did it for quality. I'm not really an expert when it comes to dvd quality but it seems to me that the picture image if this show is highly superior than other shows.

Then again, that could be because of the simple fact that the original production was a higher quality seeing as it was on HBO and not on basic cable.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Personally, I think they did it for quality.
That's awesome. I'm so glad then. I thought it would be a pain to keep switching the disc after two episodes. But, hey if the shows are in picture-perfect quality, then it's worth it. Thanks for the dvd information. I am definetly adding this one to the collection.

kenny | credit
Old 12-10-2004, 06:08 AM
Master Fan

It cost me like $80 (not including $5 in tax) but i think it was worth it.

i'm curious, is there anywhere online that i'll be able to download season two once it starts airing?