Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2004, 12:18 AM
Master Fan

Hi Andia I'm glad you brought the wallpaper over And I have no clue about what happened to the extra's but some critics who got the DvD's early said they're not on it. Only the Behind the scene's and the 3 commentaries.

Cyn, I think you might be right... That Management may turn out to be the Russian soldier/Pvt Funboy and Brother Justin & Iris's father.

Scutter is Ben's and most likely Gabriel's father.

And that creepy tattoo dude raped Apollonia and is Sophie's father. Plus Apollonia saw the evil within Sophie that's why she tried to kill her in the final. Also weird there was a flash of Brother Justin during Apollonia's rape you can see it Here... which doesn't make sense. Is Brother Justin the Tattoo Dude or is the Tattoo Dude someone else?

Also I'm wondering how the battle it will come down to... like who is against whom?

Skutter vs Russian Soldier?
Ben vs Brother Justin?
? vs Sophie?

Or is it
? vs Russian Soldier
Skutter vs Brother Justin
Ben vs Sophie

Unless Ruthie is pregnant with Ben's baby... which I hope she isn't. Then Gabriel will have a new brother/nephew

Also the bear was Lodz's... and after the War he sold his sight to Management? Russian Dude? for his gift.

I'm not sure about Sophie or how she will play appart of this... or who the Tattoo Dude is. But I can't wait to find out.

Also Carnivàle.org rocks with their caps of the dream sequences... okay Caps in general. TWOP is great with their recaps.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by justsmile

Also I'm wondering how the battle it will come down to... like who is against whom?

Skutter vs Russian Soldier?
Ben vs Brother Justin?
? vs Sophie?

Or is it
? vs Russian Soldier
Skutter vs Brother Justin
Ben vs Sophie
I think the best guess to that one is Ben and Brother Justin. It certainly seems to be heading in that direction, especially because Ben and Brother Justin share similar dreams. And also their names ("Hawk" vs. "Crow") seems to suggest that they are the ones that will fight the final battle between good and evil. And their fathers were once pitted against each other in the first world war. I would say that this battle would be the most ironic, since Brother Justin is the revered man of God who warns his audience of the coming of the Antichrist, but it's Ben who is the savior. And I wonder if it's merely coincidence that Brother Justin shares the same initials as Jesus Christ? The other battles you mentioned are plausible as well, though. I could see them happening. We'll see, eh?

Thanks again, justsmile, for letting me know about this thread. I wouldn't have found it otherwise.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:50 AM
Master Fan

Andia Thanks so much for the wallpaper it's awesome!

Okay I was totally forgetting key people in the last few epsidoes. That's what happens when a show has a looooooong break from season to season. I guess I'll have to ask for the DVD set for Christmas lol

I'm really glad so many fans are posting, because when the show comes back I'm gonna need all the help I can get to figure out what each episode means.

Cyn..........
Old 12-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Loyal Fan

ok...you guys have interesting points of views and I think I'm even more lost than I was before

I'm going to have to buy the DVD's so that I can see all the things I have apparently forgotten. If management turns out to be the soldier...and I never figured out why the mother tried to strangle her daughter...all makes for an interesting new season.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Andia... Okay I just listened to the new season 2 preview, I've had it on mute all of the other times...did't want to be to spoiled And in the preview it says that the tattoo dude, and I'm guessing Sophie since she is his daughter are [Spoiler]the "Usher(s) of Destruction." So I guess they are the individuals who start the war in motion between each Creature?[/spoiler]. I always thought that it was going to be Ben/Justin but when Sophie was thrown in I really started to try and see if the writers were pulling the fans chain.

Cyn the show really confused me as well... that's why I was glad people posted on the ill fated HBO board and at TWOP. They always figured things out before me. But I like how it's so complex and basically a giant puzzle...

Gambit we can try and help you figure it out before the second season. If you have any question be sure to ask... that's why the thread is here

Quote:
and I never figured out why the mother tried to strangle her daughter
Do you mean when Appolina was trying to kill Sophie? or two other people?

I'm going to have to get my tapes out and rewatch all of them before the season starts... or before DvD's arrive on Christmas... If they arrive. It is $70+ after all
Old 12-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gambit221

I never figured out why the mother tried to strangle her daughter...all makes for an interesting new season.
I'm thinking that Apollonia tried to kill Sofie because she saw a vision of the future where Sofie causes something (supposedly bad) in the chain of events that will lead to the battle between good and evil. She probably saw something where Sofie tips the balance toward evil? I don't know... but I think it's pretty clear that Apollonia found something out about Sofie (we get an interaction between her and Lodz before Sofie comes into the bus), and she feels obligated to stop it, even if it means killing her own daughter.

Hmm, justsmile (can I call you Meg?)... perhaps you're right. (Haha, how can you enjoy the trailer without audio?) I had the impression that the Tattoo Man's appearance held a more symbolic value, where he represents that the battle is soon at hand. The term "usher" would seem to present a more passive role, where he merely opens the door to destruction. But then, I could just be grabbing at straws here.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

Hi all.

I saw the first episode "Milfay" a while back. And I loved it. But never got the chance to see ny other episodes. Well, I asked for the dvd set for xmas. So, hopefully I can catch up before the new season starts.

kenny | credit
Old 12-06-2004, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

Hi all.

I saw the first episode "Milfay" a while back. And I loved it. But never got the chance to see ny other episodes. Well, I asked for the dvd set for xmas. So, hopefully I can catch up before the new season starts.

kenny | credit
Old 12-06-2004, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Meg, what is that other place you talk about Carnivale on? I used to check out the HBO message board but I hated it's layout so I never stayed long.

I'm VERY excited to start watching!! and I can't believe how much they want for the first season DVD! they are out of their minds! ehhh I'll end up buying it anyway..... sheeeesh
Old 12-06-2004, 05:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey, Kenny! I hope you get to catch up on the confusion. Heh. Well, you could get the gist of it if you go to HBO's Carnivale site and watch the recap... though, admittedly, it could get confusing if you're not familiar with the main characters yet. I hope to see you around!
Old 12-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Andia
Hmm, justsmile (can I call you Meg?)... perhaps you're right. (Haha, how can you enjoy the trailer without audio?) I had the impression that the Tattoo Man's appearance held a more symbolic value, where he represents that the battle is soon at hand. The term "usher" would seem to present a more passive role, where he merely opens the door to destruction. But then, I could just be grabbing at straws here.
Of course you can call me meg .And I watched the preview and guessed what was happening...when I listened to it my guesses were way off. And I think the "Usher" might have a more hands on role in the battle because in Ben's vision the tattoo dude is chasing or following after Scutter in the corn field. Maybe Scutters been running his whole life avoiding the battle between him and the Russian Soldier? And maybe that's why he's trying to lead Ben, maybe to help him avoid his battle as well?

Welcome ALLSTAR If you still have HBO I believe Carnivale is reairing all month till the premier. Don't be shy.

Quote:
Thanks Meg, what is that other place you talk about Carnivale on?
TWOP? It's Television with out pity.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

From the Newest Time Magazine

Old 12-08-2004, 03:47 AM
Passionate Fan

Ooh... nice, Meg. Thanks! That's a nice ad.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ColinsChica
Thanks Meg, what is that other place you talk about Carnivale on? I used to check out the HBO message board but I hated it's layout so I never stayed long.
Man, the HBO boards are horrible! Since the change I never ventured in Carnivale's board. But I hope to be hanging around sometime when the show returns!

Oooo, can't wait!
Old 12-08-2004, 03:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ColinsChica
Man, the HBO boards are horrible! Since the change I never ventured in Carnivale's board. But I hope to be hanging around sometime when the show returns!

Oooo, can't wait!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread