Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2015, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
Exactly!

I hate that they bought Linda Lake back in S8.

Yeah his reaction there was priceless.
Well it was a interesting storyline which is why I didn't mind it that much. lol

That reaction was just. EVERYTHING!
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, Smallville isn't interesting.

Justice

Awesome episode. Bart returns this episode, much to Clark's surprise and discovers that Oliver has recruited not only Bart but also AC and Victor for his team of super heroes in order to infiltrate 33.1. When Bart is taken captive by Lex, Clark goes to find him but runs into kryptonite. Chloe realises he's in trouble and Oliver and the guys go save him and set up for the building to be destroyed. I love this episode 'cause it's foreshadowing to Chloe becoming Watchtower. I also loved the end scene with Clark, Chloe, Oliver, Bart, AC & Victor. Oliver offers Clark to go with them to other 33.1 facilities that Luthorcorp has set up around the world, but Clark reluctantly declines because he's still got his own agendas to sort out. Exactly how many Phantoms escaped from the Phantom Zone anyway? Surely it can't have been that many, he's already sent away two, I think there were only three?! So they go off, and I like how Chloe says You have some pretty amazing friends, Clark Kent.
Clark Kent: Yeah, I do. A lot of great one liners in this episode; from Lex's "and I want a ponytail, disappointment abounds" to the inside jokes amongst the Justice League, to Lionel's excellent alibi for Clark when Lex is suspicious, "we had dinner, Martha made pot roast, Clark had three helpings" LOL Other great things about this episode; that it's Lexana drama free, Aunt Nell is mentioned, and that awesome scene with Clark and the others walking away from the bombing of 33.1. Sad part has to be Lois and Oliver breaking up…
Old 11-08-2015, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I might as well continue with my reviews since I'm way ahead now.

Labyrinth

This episode is SOOOOOOOOOOO good. Like so awesome. Definitely one of my favourites of S6 along with Justice. Clark is in the barn with Shelby when he is suddenly attacked by something and knocked unconscious. He wakes up to find himself as a mental patient in a mental institution. He is made to believe that the world as he knows it is completely made up. He's not Kal-El, he's just Clark Kent. He doesn't come from another planet, Krypton, Jor-El, the Phantom Zone doesn't exist. Dr Hudson is his psychiatrist, who tells him he has been in the institution for over 5 years and has made up the story of himself to get over the trauma of losing his parents in the meteor shower (that's one thing I don't quite get - if the meteor shower still happened, then surely we're still in the alien on Earth universe? Meteor showers like that don't actually exist…maybe that's just a mistake on the phantom's part lol….or the writers ). Anyway, Clark manages to escape the hospital and finds Lana in the barn where it turns out she lives there with Aunt Nell who bought the farm after Jonathan died and that she and Clark had been together since Kindergarten. I actually kinda liked the idea that Lana was never with Whitney and that Clark and Lana were actually together all that time…it does cut out the annoying drama between them…but then I guess it would have been too sickly sweet…I dunno, I just also liked the story with the gumball engagement ring too, it was just sweet.

Clark finds Martha at the Luthor mansion, and discovers that she and Lionel are now married. Interesting…I just wonder if the phantom knew about Lionel and Martha's friendship in real life Clark flips out and manages to get away from the Luthor security to then find Chloe come to his rescue. I LOVE how Chloe is the one person who believed in him and knew who he really was. Hated how she was shot and died, that was painful, I can only imagine how distraught I'd be if that had actually happened. Before that happened, Clark goes to see Lex, convinced it was Lex who did this to him, but it turns out Clark caused the car accident back from the Pilot and Lex is in a wheelchair with no legs…that moment when Lex bellows at Clark "OPEN YOUR EYES YOU CRAZY SON OF A B*** does this look like a trick to you?!" was so tense, Michael blew that out of the park. So after Chloe's death, Clark ends back at the mental hospital, now doubting himself and who he really is. Dr Hudson shows Clark all the things in his surroundings that gave him the names for his story. Phantom Zone - a title of a psychology book, Oliver Queen - employee of the month, Arthur Curry - fellow mental patient, and the best one JorEl - antibacterial soap. I'll always at that one. It was very subtle yet pretty cleverly done. The Martian Manhunter, or John Jones (as he's later to be known) helps Clark by getting inside his mind and convince him to believe in himself again and believe that everything was true after all, and that Dr Hudson is the phantom and that he must kill him in order to break free. Clark is about to go under painful brain treatment, and Lana is there to be with him. I think the phantom went too far having Lana smiling as he's about to go under the treatment, I love how it was Shelby that woke Clark and saved him, making him realise he was in a dream (oh and realising that Lana was an illusion) so then kills the phantom, and wakes up. Good dog. Obviously John Jones was there to help get the phantom out too, but Clark just thanks Shelby for saving his life. Chloe arrives and Clark is happy to see her alive, I love that hug between them and their fireside chat afterwards. "you mean a lot more to me than you know"…but then admits that he still loves Lana….

The end scene with Clana at the Talon, Clark tells her about the dream he had with her, that they were engaged and that he gave her a ring from the gum ball machine, and then woke up. I have to say, I liked Clark's chivalry towards Lex saying "it's good to see you up and about", I like how Lex appreciated that…

Tom's acting has to be one of my favourite aspects of this episode, he really was fantastic. I really liked how this low subtle but eerie music was playing throughout the whole dream sequence, it really kept the tensity of the episode.

Last edited by livstevi21; 11-11-2015 at 04:51 AM
livstevi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love your reviews so much!
Old 11-11-2015, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Thank you! Glad you like them!

Crimson

Hugely entertaining episode, if a little rage inducing at the same time with the whole Lexana drama, but you can't not love that scene with Clark on RedK crashing Lex and Lana's engagement party. Tom knocked it out of the park in that scene and he's always so sexy on RedK Though it is pretty awkward at the same time, it does make Clark come off as a huge douchebag except to Martha and Chloe of course. But to Lex and Lana, things just get majorly awkward. Clark taking Lana away by force and then kissing her didn't help. Lex points a gun to Clark to get him to stay away from Lana but Clark only pushes him back and nearly strangles him to death. Lex grabs a chisel to stab Clark in the arm which breaks easily just as Martha arrives with green K behind her back, Lana sees the chisel and gets more suspicious. Earlier, Lana visits Chloe to clean the tension that they had back in Hydro, and Lana tells her she won't ask her to betray Clark's secret as long as she admits that he has one. I have to admit, I do like the slow build up to Lana finding out about Clark, but it's also a detriment to their relationship that she had to find out the way she did, not to mention being 6 seasons in is a bit long time coming….

Martha believes that there was a grain of truth to what Clark had said at the party because the RedK only strips him of his inhibitions, not of who he is. Bottling up all his feelings for so long didn't help either. I love when Clark says: "So you're saying I wanna kiss Lois, but keep Chloe in my back pocket while the whole time I'm still in love with Lana?"

The fun parts were definitely the scenes with Clark and Lois, from the opening scene at the Valentine's party (hot fudge and halibut), when she arrives at the house all dressed up (Martha's expression ) and acts all lovey dovey to Clark, giving him a Whitesnake mixed CD and Clark is just "Ummmm" He's tempted, you can tell, 'cause he doesn't pull away at first. But then he does a runner eventually. Then Lois showing her tattoo - I loved that Chloe found it so funny. Then there's their somewhat overly sexy/awkward under the influence make out sessions. Man.

I didn't like that Chimmy break up in this episode as Jimmy says that they should take a break cause he thinks Chloe is harbouring feelings for Clark.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Crimson was amazing. Clois.
My main issue with Jimmy is his jealous, after awhile it became too much for me and I think it's why I stopped shipping Chloe/Jimmy.

Martha expression was hilarious when she saw Lois outfit.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, Jimmy did get quite jealous, but I don't really blame him, he could see how close Clark and Chloe are. But then he knows Chloe loves him.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:04 PM
Addicted Fan

Crimson is one of my most watched episodes, I just it. It has all the elements I love, your review is great Liv
Becwelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 02:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

It is a fun episode. Thanks!

Trespass

So Lana is now coming for, as Chloe put it, a crash landing on Clark's secret. As she looks at the chisel that Lex had stabbed Clark with, she is sent a text message with a picture of her at that moment, meaning there was someone in her bedroom. Lex leaves her with extra security and she hides out at Chloe's. When she is given more creepy messages, she then decides to hide out at the Kent farm because it'd be the last place anyone would look for her, but really it's a means of getting to snoop around in Clark's bedroom and finds her old necklace, stripped of it's green meteor rock glow. Clark enlists Jimmy's help (after Chloe had told him they had broken up) to find the creep who is following her. Lana falls down the stairs after finding one of Lex's security, Brady, practically killed. It's astounding anyone could believe that after a nasty fall like that, her 'baby' is still ok.

Back at the mansion, It turns out the stalker is Lex's other security guy, who believes he is trying to save her from Lex because he cannot stand how Lex is poisoning her. He had a point, but probably went about it too creepily Lana runs to the roof as he chases after her and after struggling and falling through a roof skylight, she finds herself in Clark's arms. I actually really liked this Clana scene, as Lana asks why he is still watching over her and he answers "probably for the same reason you're watching over me" having seen photos of her snooping in his barn. This was an ok episode to follow up the events of Crimson, the scene at the end where Lex reminds Clark of what he almost did, and Clark attempts to apologise by explaining that he wasn't himself. But the damage had already been done by this point. Pretty painful for Clark as Lex gives him an invitation to his and Lana's wedding, because he knows how much it would mean to Lana with him there and also to make him see what he has lost. What a gloat. I'm glad Chloe and Jimmy reconcile, they're just so cute together.

One thing about Lana's snooping. Man, Clark must have messed her up so much because he couldn't have trusted her enough to tell her his secret that she then becomes so desperate! You have to admit, Lana did give him many chances and also gave him reason to trust her in the past. And at least she respects Chloe for keeping Clark's secret and understands that she will have to find out on her own. But when Chloe found out, she was patient and subtle and waited till Clark could tell her on his own terms. And she only found out by accident, thanks to Alicia. I just don't like how Lana had to resort to snooping amongst Clark's belongings in order to get close to his secret….but the next episode kinda redeems her a little. I mean that in the nicest way possible. Normally I don't sympathise with Lana at all, but in this re-watch I have been seeing things from her point of view. I just don't like where her character was headed after this season. Perhaps it's the writing….
Old 11-15-2015, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, Jimmy did get quite jealous, but I don't really blame him, he could see how close Clark and Chloe are. But then he knows Chloe loves him.
Yeah I know but if he felt that way he should have just ended the relationship in never looked back.

Probably I'm putting real life issues into it but if you are going to be insecure in the whole relationship, it's time to peace out.

Sorry Jimmy but Chloe/Clark had that relationship long before you entered the picture. ... and it was getting too the point where I got tired.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah I know but if he felt that way he should have just ended the relationship in never looked back.

Probably I'm putting real life issues into it but if you are going to be insecure in the whole relationship, it's time to peace out.

Sorry Jimmy but Chloe/Clark had that relationship long before you entered the picture. ... and it was getting too the point where I got tired.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

True, you have a point there. But I could still see Jimmy's point of view.

Freak

My Chlarky heart in this episode Not much of a bachelorette party for Lana, just her and Chloe out on a bowling night, but then I guess that still shows her down to earth side and the fact she considers Chloe her best friend. Chloe witnesses a guy who works at the alley being kidnapped, but when she tells Clark about it the next day he turns up safe and well with no memory of what happened to him. Chloe pulls out the pics she took with Lana and spots a guy named Tobias, who was blinded in the first meteor shower pointing at the other guy. Interesting how they mention him as being a fellow Smallville High graduate in the same year when we had never heard of him before. It turns out that Tobias's eyes can actually see like an infra red camera to spot meteor infected people, and as Clark and Chloe visited him he drops his glasses and is blinded. Clark is immediately concerned that his secret is in jeopardy. With these meteor freak abductions, Clark and Chloe quickly assume that Lex is behind it, what with 33.1. Later, Clark arrives at the Talon to find Jimmy freaked out that Chloe hasn't come home or answered his messages and Clark realises that she must have been abducted because she was a witness. When Clark goes to see Tobias the night of Chloe's abduction, he is horrified to learn that Chloe is meteor infected, which is what Tobias saw, not him. But, just like the guy at the bowling alley, Chloe turns up the next morning safe and well with no memory of what happened to her. I HATED that scene with her being experimented on, it was just awful, poor Chloe. I guess she at least has no memory of that awful experience. Jimmy is extremely relieved, he was telling Clark how he was worried that he'd never have the chance to tell her how he really feels about her, that was soooo sweet. Because Chloe's abduction was just the same as the others, Chloe quickly assumes that the only answer is that she is a meteor freak too. The scene back at the Talon apartment with Chloe and Clark was so intense. Looking at the tracking system on that Doctor's laptop that Clark so cleverly borrowed, they discover that all the meteor freaks are being killed off one by one and the device shows the Talon. Chloe asks Clark to X-Ray her and Clark sees something under her collarbone. The part where she asks him to use his heat vision to get it out of her, gosh, must be one of my favourite tense and emotional Chlark moments. It turns out it was a GPS device. I like how Jimmy then turns up worried when he sees Clark bandaging her up. The Chlark scene at the very end tears me up, "Face it Clark, I'm a walking time bomb" "then consider me your own personal bomb squad." awwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Lana discovers more about Clark, she initially thinks he is meteor infected and is shocked to discover that is not how he has acquired his powers. She also has realised now that he uses them to save people. I don't know why Clark and Lana couldn't just get it all out in the open at this point. Clark knows Lana is extremely close to his secret and Lana is obviously going to accept him for who he is. Her loyalty to Clark is quite paramount now, despite all that has happened between them. Lex lies to Lana's face quite obviously here. And I think she still thinks he's lying to her about not being involved with the whole Tobias thing. She's obviously now just stuck in her engagement with Lex, you can tell she is having second thoughts, but she can't dump him now, believing that she's pregnant. Obviously, there's a somewhat big part of her that still loves Lex at this point, but she's definitely having doubts. Lex is a bigger liar to her than Clark was. At least Clark had a reason for not telling her some things about himself.

Oh, and that very last scene with Lex observing the footage of Chloe being experimented on….EVIILLLLLL how can you do that to my Chloe.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Because I'm even further ahead Now on S7!

Promise

If you thought S6 was soap opera esque already then this episode is the epitome of soap opera. Of course, in Smallville style. There's the heart aching love triangle, there's blackmail, there's a big wedding, there's deceit and lies, there's a murder, there's the bride to be having doubts but it's too late….my god. This episode's basically all about Lana finally discovering Clark's secret, well, his powers anyway, realising that she can't marry Lex and to Clark's elation asks him to wait for her at the barn. But then Lionel intervenes (having told Lex he will personally make sure Lana turns up at the wedding as even Lex has doubts she will show) and tells her that he had been watching her get ever closer to Clark's secret. He sees the letter Lana had written to Lex apologising for not being able to go ahead with the wedding. He tells her he knows Clark's weakness and blackmails her by saying that if she does not go ahead with the wedding he will kill Clark. So Lana is essentially now pushed into the marriage, and to protect Clark she grudgingly marries Lex. But, if I remember correctly, this was just a double bluff? I seem to remember that Lionel had only forced her into the marriage so that she could spy on Lex for him? Why can't he just do that himself lol….oh, I know why, it's 'cause Lex trusts Lana. Ok I get it now.

I do like the way this episode is set up. I very much liked the sombre beginning, with everyone preparing for the wedding and Clark doing his best to get over Lana and get his suit out whilst Snow Patrol's You Could Be Happy plays. Then it splits up into three different perspectives of the day running up to the wedding. First Clark, then Lex and then Lana. Clark first wakes up from a nightmare in which he kills Lex on their wedding day and Lana stabs herself with the knife he used. Chloe calls him from the Luthor wine cellar having been locked in and Clark gets her out by breaking the door off and sealing it back up with heat vision but then says he'd better be going. I liked how this scene is played with Clark's point of view and then from Lana's as she watches in the background. Especially with Chloe's lines here;
Clark Kent: If Lana didn't wanna marry Lex, she wouldn't.
Chloe Sullivan: Yeah, but Lana's not my hero, Clark - you are. And this whole idea that you haven't told her who you really are, that you are giving up the one person that you totally love...
Clark Kent: I'm protecting her.
Chloe Sullivan: Good job. She's marrying a monster and trapping herself into a loveless life.
Clark Kent: Oh, you think this is easy for me?
Chloe Sullivan: I think it's easier than getting hurt. Clark, you don't hesitate to run into a burning building or jump in front of a bullet because nothing can penetrate that iron flesh of yours. But the one time saving Lana means putting your heart on the line, the Man of Steel is nowhere to be found.
Clark Kent: Letting Lana go was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, Chloe. If you don't know that, then you don't know me as well as I thought you did.

I just loved that scene between them.

I love the scene where Clark waits in the barn for Lana and practices proposing with Shelby, that dog's expressions was soooooo priceless I will never ever tire of that scene.

Poor Clark, as he arrives at the wedding just to see Lana & Lex finish the vows. Lex is ecstatic, usually this is the part where some wedding photos will be taken, and Lana is obviously unhappy but Lex doesn't notice. After the ceremony, Lana has a little cry on her own, just as Clark arrives feeling confused, he pours his heart out to her and she just tells him she's had a change of heart, that she loves Lex, rather unconvincingly. Clark knows she doesn't mean it. Lana is doing just what Clark did to protect her by not telling her his secret. It's kind of strange how Lana finally realises why he never told her.

Oh, Aunt Nell was in this episode! When was the last time we saw her? S3?! It's odd how Aunt Nell barely seemed to be part of Lana's life when she left for Metropolis.

Lana's day starts off with a nightmare too, more of a flashback of when she was caught up in the tornado, and this time sees Clark there saving her. We then get to see how she's the one who traps Chloe in the wine cellar, she knew Chloe would call Clark and hides to watch.

Lex's day also starts off with a nightmare, in which he is in a large auditorium viewing an ultrasound. The foetus's image then turns and it's eyes glow demonically. We finally get an idea of the truth about Lana's 'pregnancy' as Lex meets Dr. Langston in the crypt of the church and Langston threatens to expose the truth to Lana unless Lex gives $2m. Lex loses control and punches him continuously, resulting in the man having a heart attack and hitting his head hard on the tomb. Lex stashes the body in the crypt. That part was very operatic. Lionel later slaps Lex in the face after the ceremony, accusing him of letting him sort out his problems. He then tells Lex that he knows Lex killed Dr. Langston. Lex offers him control of Luthorcorp and even 33.1 but Lionel just says he'll know when it's time to collect.

In some ways I found this episode quite confusing, but it was actually quite enjoyable….despite the fact that it has turned the show into a soap opera instead of a cool superhero show. But whatever.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Great review Liv, I have to agree it was an enjoyable episode, quite heartbreaking really or all concerned, just like a soap opera
Becwelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with you on Promise episode.
Complete soap..
Great review.
Reply   Post New Thread