Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2015, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
I totally agree. All Lex wanted was everything Clark had, he was always so jealous of him. Then he gets Lana and their already dwindling friendship becomes far too awkward, not to mention complex. I just hate those triangles.

I know.
I just wish Lana didn't get with him. I know she was upset with Clark but to get with Lex? Just why!!! Lana just made Lex even more evil than he was which is why Lionel made sure Lana did not leave Lex at the alter because her leaving just made him even more dangerous and evil and she shouldn't have gotten with him in the first place.

It's just weird to watch Season 1-4 and to see Clana together and Lex as the main supporter only to be dating her Season 5-6... talk about a slap in the face to Clark.

Two days ago though I watched "Nemesis" episode from Season 6 and that episode was just long overdue! It's probably one of my favorite episodes of Season 6 because both Clark and Lex got to vent out their frustations to one another without Lana standing in between them making it worst. Lex telling Clark he was the only friend he ever had. Clark having a conversation with Martha at the end of the episode... wanting to fix things with Lex again. It was just sad because Lex and Clark were not total enemies yet. When Lex went back to save Clark, it spoke to how much he still cared for him. Such a tragic friendship.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I know, right? But Clark did push her away, so it is partly his fault. But yes, definitely still a slap in the face to Clark especially as Lex was a supporter of Clana at the beginning. But now Clark and Lex aren't friends, I guess Lex thinks its ok to go after her.

Loved Nemesis, can't wait to get to that episode!
Old 09-09-2015, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I know, right? But Clark did push her away, so it is partly his fault. But yes, definitely still a slap in the face to Clark especially as Lex was a supporter of Clana at the beginning. But now Clark and Lex aren't friends, I guess Lex thinks its ok to go after her.

Loved Nemesis, can't wait to get to that episode!

I didn't like Clark pushing her away but man anyone else besides Lex would've been better for Lana to move on towards.
Season 5-6 was just so different with the Lexana relationship and everything.

I think this is the season where Clark finally should have grown up and moved on.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, true, surely there was some other guy out there for Lana other than Lex. I guess it's 'cause they had struck up a friendship of some sorts, but when Clana were still together, Lana was furious at Lex for still keeping tabs on Clark. You couldn't imagine her forgiving him…

Clark, at 19, was still learning. I mean, we still learn at that age. It isn't until our early 20's when we finally start to think like proper adults. S6 should definitely have had Clark starting to move on from Lana, for sure, but he still needed to grow.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, true, surely there was some other guy out there for Lana other than Lex. I guess it's 'cause they had struck up a friendship of some sorts, but when Clana were still together, Lana was furious at Lex for still keeping tabs on Clark. You couldn't imagine her forgiving him…

Clark, at 19, was still learning. I mean, we still learn at that age. It isn't until our early 20's when we finally start to think like proper adults. S6 should definitely have had Clark starting to move on from Lana, for sure, but he still needed to grow.

I guess the writers had to make Clark really hate Lex, and there was no better way than your former best friend hooking up with the person he was in love with.
I agree with you on that.

Yeah Clark was just young and struck in love... I guess I judge Clark based on the other versions of Superman I watch who is so much older. Also the Clana relationship shouldn't have last as long as it did. I wouldn't have mind if it lasted longer, if it made sense.
I think the writers love for Clana just tuned a lot of fans off... like I was really chatting with this fan a month ago on tumblr and they said they quit after season 7 because they couldn't take it anymore... I am currently trying to convince them to watch Season 8... I told the person that things are so much better.

I just felt the Clark/Lex/Lana triangle really brought down the show cause it made all three look bad.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yes, the writers were clouded with their love for Clana far too much. 7-8 years of will they won't they got extremely tiresome, especially when we all knew they would have to have broken up eventually so I can totally understand why some fans gave up on the show. Glad you at least tried to convince that fan to watch S8, as it does get better and more focussed on what the show should be about.

Yes, I agree, the whole triangle did not show any of them in a good light at all.

As for my episode reviews, I've really gone past Zod, (I will write it eventually) but I've got the others, albeit a bit rough, ready. (I haven't forgotten about my old reviews, I just need to use my mum's laptop in order to bring the document up as I don't have Word on mine).

Sneeze

Fun episode, despite the Lexana stuff. And the Lex being kidnapped ONCE AGAIN. This time by someone who wants to know how he got supernatural powers and almost destroyed the world. My favourite parts of this episode is definitely with Clark coming down with the cold, having worked tirelessly at night to repair the damage created by the escaped phantoms that sneaked out with him as he got out of the Phantom Zone, not to mention working all day with chores at the farm. Martha is concerned and tells him that he needs to rest, but Clark insists he's fine and continues his chores. Whilst in the barn, he suddenly sneezes hard, blowing the barn door right off it's hinges and lands a few miles out right near wear Lois is jogging. Definitely one of the funniest moments. I also love the scene when Lois walks in and sees Clark suffering "Eh Oh, does Clarkie have the sniffles?" and suggests a honey and cayenne pepper cold remedy which would first make him sneeze a bunch of times , and then notices the barn door gone and realises that's the debris that nearly hit her. So Lois becomes interested in discovering what happened. I also love the scene with Clark and Chloe at the Daily Planet when he tells her he sneezed, and then almost sneezes the whole basement to oblivion Chloe's face . And then when he pretended to sneeze again and Chloe was like 'no' "just kidding" so Clark can joke around. Chloe then tries to give Lois a reasonable non wall of weird explanation to what happened to the barn door with Microburst.

Lionel comes to the farm to explain that he thinks Lex has been abducted and that it's important that Clark finds him because although Lex claims to have no memory of what happened whilst he was possessed by Zod he may not be telling the truth and could expose Clark's secret. So Clark's first call is to the Lex's mansion where Lana, who had just moved in, is solemnly playing keys on the piano. He tells her about what's happened to Lex and asks her help to find him, but she questions why he of all people is heading the search party. She has now become extremely defensive towards Clark and also asks him how he knew Lex would turn into a monster before anyone else. Clark of course, can't answer that so Lana sends him out of the mansion. Like Clark tells Chloe later back at the Daily Planet "It's like we don't know each other anymore" and that really describes their relationship now and that angst just does my head in. Lana then discovers CCTV cameras showing the whole mansion including her bedroom which shows her getting undressed and she feels completely violated. How could you be surprised to see CCTV cameras all over the Luthor mansion? It's kinda a given, and that camera in her bedroom was more than likely there long before she moved in. She should have thought of that before moving in with Lex Luthor.

We also get to meet Oliver Queen in this episode, I had forgotten his first scene with Lionel and had also forgotten that it was Oliver that had Lex taken - though did not ask for violence to be inflicted unless absolutely necessary. It's a bit of a surprise introduction, really, there's not much lead up to it. But then it does set up the season and his character pretty well.

Meanwhile, Clark and Chloe go to Luthorcorp to Lionel's office to find clues to Lex's whereabouts and Clark sees something behind the steel door and tries to open it. But with his cold, his powers aren't back to normal yet. I love how Chloe suggests he sneezes to open it "I can't just sneeze on command" and then she suggests he blows the door down "having a sneeze like that says something about your lung capacity" "Chloe, it's a steel door not a birthday cake" "huff puff and blow this door down" so he does. God there's so much fun Chlark to love in this episode. And Chloe always has the best lines but this episode she has so many. Lana tries to find Lex but gets found and taken herself. Things happen and a fire breaks out. Lex and Lana are trapped and Clark gets there just in time to blow the fire away without getting seen…..well, apart from one of Oliver's henchmen.

Lois shows Chloe an article she's written about the strange weather anomaly with comical typos and bad grammar. Remembering the episode a while back where Lois got a taste of what working at the Daily Planet was like, it's not a complete surprise when she suddenly takes up an interest in journalism. Chloe doesn't think the Daily Planet Last scene, so Lois goes to the Inquisitor and in the last scene shows Clark and Chloe that her article made it on the front page of the Inquisitor. She's finally found her calling - she loves the clacking of the keys, the smell of fresh ink….interesting. It's not a complete 360 but then again, they didn't put a huge amount of effort to really show Lois finding her love of journalism. I love that Clark and Chloe get ready to head for the beach, but Lois tells them it looks like rain, so when she's outside Clark uses his new found super breath to blow the clouds away. I just love that look Chloe gives him there.

Lana tells Lex the cameras go or I go. Lex tells her he'll remove the one in her bedroom but the rest stay. Blah blah blah. I love last scene with Oliver shooting that arrow on the Daily Planet globe, that was cool.

Last edited by livstevi21; 09-16-2015 at 06:42 AM
livstevi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love your Sneeze review, I really haven't watched that episode in a long time.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Thanks. You should watch it again soon.

Here is Wither.

Lets just say I love; Chloe and Jimmy, Clark's obvious jealousy, Lois thinking Oliver Queen is a courier and Martha's exasperation at her as she was supposed to meet him, Lois going to Oliver's apartment to apologise where he appears shirtless - how she kept a cool head, I don't know. She agrees to attend Lex's costume ball for Dark Thursday with him so that Martha can have the opportunity to meet him and go over political stuff, (interesting how quickly he got that costume for her and knew her size..), the creepy phantom Gloria who traps men with her plant powers, Clark stopping Gloria but gets trapped himself, Chloe saving Clark, Clark stopping Gloria for good with sexy wet moment, Chloe saving Jimmy's life, and I loved Lois and Oliver as Maid Marion and Robin Hood. So there's really quite a lot to love about this episode.

However, I HATE, with a passion so much, Lexana particularly in this episode. Yuck yuck yuck, and what the hell was that slow mo scene with the All American Rejects singing It End's Tonight as Lana turns up as Cleopatra and Lex looking at her like some kind of high priestess and she looking at him like he's her knight in shining armour or something?? Why did we need that?! I liked them ok as friends, but I just can't see it with them together. And for the first time this re-watch, I decided to fast forward their love making scene. You know who I suddenly miss a lot? Dr. Helen Bryce from S2. I wish her and Lex were still together, they made a great couple.

And then we cut to poor Clark all alone, with no one, bouncing the ball in the barn like he did in Pariah after Alicia died. It is his fault for pushing Lana away, but I do feel for him when he wanted to talk about that passionate kiss Chloe planted on him in Vessel only for Chloe to brush it under the rug not knowing his feelings, and now Jimmy is back in her life. He should have said something, but then I guess he could see she liked Jimmy a lot…..sigh. I do love Chimmy though, they are cute. That's about it for this episode.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Great review Liv, I totally agree with the whole Lexana thing in that episode, and it was frustrating he and Chloe didn't get to talk
Becwelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, it was pretty frustrating.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow I loved your review! even though there are a lot of things that made you upset, it actually makes me want to re-watch Wither. again... and I don't think I ever sat through that Lexanna love scene. I saw like the first seconds of it and that's it...
Old 09-21-2015, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Thanks. and I don't blame you, I wish I had never sat through it, even with my first watch
Old 09-21-2015, 05:21 AM
Addicted Fan

It just never felt right Lana with Lex, that's why it was so uncomfortable to watch
Old 09-24-2015, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Exactly. Not to mention the age gap. Lana is barely 19 and then she marries him at 20. I know by that point it was more forced but still.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:38 AM
Addicted Fan

That's true Clark was a much more acceptable age for her
Reply   Post New Thread